Ron Tremper - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-07-2003, 08:39 PM   #11
Ken Harbart
Okay, it seems we have another member for the "shot himself in the foot club."

Old 08-07-2003, 08:48 PM   #12
gila7150
A few years ago, I ordered a few geckos from Ron including an awesome jungle phase albino. The geckos were all very healthy, professionally shipped and well represented. It would take some pretty strong proof to make me believe that he "screwed" anyone.

Old 08-07-2003, 11:31 PM   #13
G-lock
A few years ago my wife ordered an awesome (very expensive) designer leopard from him. When it arrived, it looked almost the same as the puic on the website, but had some marking differences. I asked him about it, and he said that he accidentily sent the clutchmate to th eone I ordered. They were VERY similar, but not the same. He told me to ship it back (at his cost) and he would send the other one out.

He called back a few mintes later and said that if we wanted to pay a very nominal price, we could keep the one that he sent (to keep from stressing it) and he would sent out the other one. The next day we got th eother one AND there was a nice suprise: a free albino was included to make up for the hassle. This was back when they were still $200+.

Ron Tremper is a GOOD GUY in my book.

Old 08-07-2003, 11:41 PM   #14
Darin Chappell
Hey Austin/Herpdude . . .you got just about enough rope there, Pal?

Old 08-08-2003, 12:36 AM   #15
Suncoast Herpetological
Apparently "herpdude" is trying a hit and run with no details to back up his ridiculous accusations. Sounds like somebody with a grudge and no proof to me.

Old 08-08-2003, 12:36 AM   #16
Ken Foose
I have known Ron for about 15 years now, and have never, ever known him to rip anyone off. The most brilliant marketer of herps I have ever met. I can still recall the slogan "egg to egg in a year" when he introduced veiled chameleons to all of us here in the states. He is a friend, a good businessman, and an all in all straight shooter. I have been to his home, seen his collection, and his breeding operation. Amazing is all I can say. The care he puts into each and every animal he raises and sells is just unbelievable. He was a great guy, is a great guy, and I see nothing that will ever change that title.

Old 08-08-2003, 06:29 AM   #17
John Apple
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Harbart
Okay, it seems we have another member for the "shot himself in the foot club."
what say you now herpdude or herpdude's girlfriend??

Old 08-08-2003, 06:40 AM   #18
kingmike
Kinda funny she felt they were "awesome" enough to list for trade a few days ago.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=23173

Old 08-08-2003, 09:59 AM   #19
Glenn Bartley
Call me a sucker, but I kind of want to believe this guy when he says his girlfriend did it. I don't find that so unbelievable as apparently some of you guys do. Yet I too have my doubts about herpdude because he has not posted any evidence of his girlfriend having done it, nor has his girlfriend stepped forward to claim responsibility.

As far as the ad he had posted goes, advertising the Tremper geckos, well if he believed (as opposed to his gal pal) that they were not so bad then why not post them like he did. He may have thought they were awesome and the WOMAN may have thought they were ugly - you guys know how that goes (LOL - only kidding ladies). On a more serious note I have had animals that I thought were run of the mill while others thought they were the greatest and visa/versa.

Honestly, though, as much as I would like to believe that he is being honest, this does smell pretty fishy - and fishy is not something that belongs on a herp site nor does it belong tagged onto Mr. Tremper's reputation.

Old 08-08-2003, 11:13 AM   #20
herpcondo
I am having a really hard time with this whole "girlfriend" thing posting,,, "herpdude" bid on a male 12 1/2 inch dragon i had for auction,, ( on reptibid)this is the reply i got back from him after he won the auction,,,

"from herpdude"

Ok I am going to pay with a money order. Please send payment info. Also
I would like to know if you are interested in tradeing for him, my
girlfriend bid, and I had no idea. It is my responsibility to pay for him,
so I am, I saw pics, and he doues look beautiful
__________________________________________________ _

then i get another email from him after this stating
__________________________________________________ __

Do you need payment at any certain time, as I said, I had no idea she
was bidding, so I need time to get the cash. Did anyone else bid that
you might be able to give him to?
__________________________________________________ __

now after all this, i did send him an email stating that i do in fact expect him to fullfill his end of the auction and pay for the animal in full.
in his defense he said the payment would go out today(8-8-03)
and i hope he does go through with his end of the bargain.
but the whole"girlfriend" thing is a little fishy.
if he does pay, i will let everyone know,, and if he doesn't pay i will also let everyone know,,,
i have copies of all of the email transaction if anyone wants copies of them, just shoot me an email...
also if his "girlfirend" put the post up here about Ron Tremper, then why would whe say in the same breath that "i have dealt with Caswell herps" if in fact it was herpdude who dealt with Caswell herps in his good guy post for them,,?
hope he holds up his end of the bargain, but i would like to see proof of any wrong doing by Ron Tremper,, i just don't see it, and the "12 others" that were done wrong are hearsay unless they come and post.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!