Steven Baker of SC Bad News!!! HELP - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:19 PM   #21
Neil Gubitz
Steve.... I just HOPE you didn't get a job as a "copy editor" for some Texas newspaper....

Neil

Old 08-17-2006, 05:23 PM   #22
steven baker
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Gubitz
Steve.... I just HOPE you didn't get a job as a "copy editor" for some Texas newspaper....

Neil
no i didnt i canr spell good enuff lol

Old 08-17-2006, 05:28 PM   #23
steven baker
anyway how did me oweing lee and chris money change into me being a theif ? i didnt know that depts ment you were a theif ? if thats the case then im in alot of trouble with the water , power companys and the land lord ,every month !

Old 08-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #24
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Gubitz

Neil
I believe newspapers are written at a sixth grade reading level so it is highly unlikely Steve could even qualify for a delivery position.

He'd probably go collecting and think it is okay to owe the company the money collected, because if you owe someone you are not considered a thief.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:36 PM   #25
reptiledealer
Steve thanks for posting

I am happy that this post has opened up a few peoples eyes. Especially Steve's. As he said he did send me a email and I responded well see how this plays out. I appreciate the support of all, If you have not had money taken by Steve I really don't fell there is a reason to bash him. Trust me I am by no means defending Steve as until I get my $780 back there is still a problem. But the fact remains that the reptile show stuff is a bunch of crap. No one I have talked to not even law enforcement in SC can pin down Steve Baker as the sole person or the ringleader in this reptile show thing. It is true that he owes reparations to some of the vendors, but so do the other people involved. I don't know if this is true but is the info given to me by the law enforcement offices in South Caroline. Besides My and Lees money I really haven't seen much physical evidence of any other wrongdoing related to the animal business. I know that his problems with the reptile show in Charleston are serious, but please people if you don't know what your talking about don't get all over someone's case. I know almost nothing about that show and that theft so I haven't really said anything on it. I would really just like to see my $780 returned and Lee Watson's $850 returned of course my $780 first lol JK LEE. Please do the right thing Steve and make this go away ASAP

Old 08-18-2006, 12:39 PM   #26
reptiledealer
Also forgot to mention I am out of the Reptile Business

I also forgot to mention that I myself Chris Godino and Reptile Retreat are no longer involved in the reptile trading or dealing business at all. I am running educational programs from my facility in Boston Ma and that is all. I have decided to step down from any involvement in the animal trade business as times are just very hectic for me. Also as many know its hard to turn a dime in the reptile trade if your not in high end balls or something like that lol. Anyways this thread was just me trying to close up old files and debts before I forget about them myself. Thanks again for everyone's help Chris Godino
Chris Godino Jr.
Reptile Retreat
Boston, Ma.
USDA# 14-B-0039
Mobile# 617-947-0058
Fax# 617-244-2330
Shortfin12@comcast.net

Old 08-23-2006, 12:29 PM   #27
reptiledealer
Update

I Wanted to post a update with the Steve Baker and the $780 he owes me currently. After much talk with a few people on and off Fauna mainly private messages and emails I have found out a few new things, not all of which i am sure are true or accurate but then again who knows. Anyway more importantly I have had now 3 emails back and forth with Steve, all saying basically the same thing but mainly that times are hard he's trying to get back on his feet and will do his best to get me paid. I told Steve I have school coming up by sept 10th and really need the money by then. He promised he would do his best to get it to me if he had it. I am at this point still not convinced anything will happen but I am crossing my fingers so I can move on with this ordeal. I would like him to pay me and Lee ASAP so that we can both clear his name as a thief and just label him as someone that needs caution when dealing with. In addition Steve has told me once he is done with me and Lee Watson's paybacks he is going to get out of the animal business like me. Whether this is true or not again I do not know but I still just hope that I can get my money returned. I will post another updated on Sept 10th in a few weeks and let everyone know what is happening.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:39 PM   #28
Southerncat
Steven, you want me to ask so I am asking "what is your side of the theft story"?

Did you know about it before or after the fact?

I know what I have been told and you can restasure that the person that I spoke with knows the WHOLE TRUE Events that took place!

I know who the vendor was that met you and I know where so you can say it was in the parking lot of BurgerKing if you want but I know Differently. I was also standing beside him on Saturday night when he was talking to you on the phone.

I want to give to a piece of advise and please take it as you like: If you are trying to be a better person than I would suggest that you not associate yourself with scam artist of the reptile world. When people write bad checks on closed accounts they are scamming people (not saying you do this but some of the people you associate with does). There is a person (and his brother) that I know you have done business with that has owed my family $841.50 since March of this year and has shown no signs of paying up. No phone calls, Emails, no nothing!They are con/scam artists. Just an example of the people you deal with not holding you respossible at all.

There is a difference in owing depts and ripping people off. You told Chris and Lee both that you was having hard times and you will pay them as soon as you get the money. IF you do the right thing and pay them within a decent time frame then that is paying your depts BUT if you continue to say "I don't have the money right now" for a long period of time then that is just another way of ripping people off!

Old 08-23-2006, 03:45 PM   #29
reptiledealer
thanks

thanks cathy, at this point I dont think much else could be said. Its really just about waiting to see and hoping steve does right by me and lee. And then whatever other issues he has with show stuff and everything

Old 09-09-2006, 05:22 PM   #30
reptiledealer
Update

Me and Steve had agreed by email that he would do his best to pay me on the 10th of September. Well the day is upon us and there is no money or envelope at my door. Steve has sent me several emails, one of which he claimed he would do his best to send me the money shown below

To: Chris Godino
Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2006 3:33 PM
Subject: Re: thank you for the email chirs

hey chirs i hear you man i will try my best to have $780 to you befor september 10th as i am nolonger selling animals myself i got in dept way to far and will not do yhat again ! but i will keep in touch with you !!! Steve

It is of no suprise to me that the money has not arrived. It is also of no surprise to everyone that has been watching this post and been sending me private messages. Steve has told me he is working on selling some animals to pay me back, but I just dont know if its happening, Again thanks everyone for your support on this issue. I will not be posting again unless Steve pays his debt to me. In that case I will clear his name as far as my issues with him go. Until then thanks everyone and please fell free to email me or private message me with any questions or information. Again I still hold some faith that Steve will do the right thing and pay me back, but we shall Waite and see.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!