TSA forces cancer survivor to show prosthetic breast - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #11
Melinda
I wonder what they do for guys with the implanted penis pump? do they have to drop em and show the goodies?

Old 11-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #12
Southern Wolf
It wouldnt surprise me one bit. .... but its to keep you safe.... so its ok.

BULL SH** !!!!!!!!

Its invasion of privacy .... and sexual assualt. For me or you to do it.... we'd go to jail. The gov should have to follow the same rules.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #13
Southern Wolf
TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine
'I was absolutely humiliated,' said bladder cancer survivor

Quote:
A retired special education teacher on his way to a wedding in Orlando, Fla., said he was left humiliated, crying and covered with his own urine after an enhanced pat-down by TSA officers recently at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.

“I was absolutely humiliated, I couldn’t even speak,” said Thomas D. “Tom” Sawyer, 61, of Lansing, Mich.

Sawyer is a bladder cancer survivor who now wears a urostomy bag, which collects his urine from a stoma, or opening in his stomach. “I have to wear special clothes and in order to mount the bag I have to seal a wafer to my stomach and then attach the bag. If the seal is broken, urine can leak all over my body and clothes.”
To read the whole story.... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40291856...ews/?GT1=43001

Old 11-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #14
Southern Wolf
From TSA's own website....

Quote:
Security Officers will need to see and touch your prosthetic device, cast or support brace as part of the screening process.

Security Officers will not ask nor require you to remove your prosthetic device, cast, or support brace.

During the screening process, please do not remove or offer to remove your prosthetic device.

You have the option of requesting a private screening at any time during the screening of your prosthetic device, cast or support brace.
From the article of the woman forced to show her fake boob after surviving breast cancer http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40278427...ews/?GT1=43001

Quote:
A longtime Charlotte, N.C., flight attendant and cancer survivor told a local television station that she was forced to show her prosthetic breast during a pat-down.

Cathy Bossi, who works for U.S. Airways, said she received the pat-down after declining to do the full-body scan because of radiation concerns.

The TSA screener "put her full hand on my breast and said, 'What is this?' " Bossi told the station. "And I said, 'It's my prosthesis because I've had breast cancer.' And she said, 'Well, you'll need to show me that.' "

Bossi said she removed the prosthetic from her bra. She did not take the name of the agent, she said, "because it was just so horrific of an experience, I couldn't believe someone had done that to me. I'm a flight attendant. I was just trying to get to work."
Looks like to me she had to remove it for the TSA agent to be happy.... and she also didnt get a private screening either. She had to do it out in the wide open.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #15
Wraith
Quote:
Man claims Charlotte TSA employee groped his 6-year-old son
By Brigida Mack - bio l email & Tom Roussey - bio l email

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - Are children exempt for pat-downs at airport security? Not according to one man who says a TSA employee groped 6 year-old son at Charlotte Douglas International Airport.

The alleged incident is part of the growing backlash over the full body scans and pat downs at airports nationwide.

WBTV found the anonymous submission on a blog, "We Won't Fly." The man says the incident happened earlier this month and he describes how his little boy was traumatized saying the TSA agent groped his groin and that the little boy left the checkpoint in tears.

The commenter says his son was aggressively patted down by a TSA employee.

"He was pleading for me to help him and I was admonished for trying to comfort him," the comment on the blog states. "His genitals area was groped. He walked down to the plane in tears."

Quote:
"We were not given the choice of a full body scanner, but would have preferred it over this humiliating experience," the comment continues. "The scanners are still intrusive, but at least my 6-year-old son would have been unaware of the intrusion."
http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=13526724

Old 11-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #16
Wraith
Quote:
Controversial TSA Pat Down Leaves 3 Year Old Girl in Tears

It's a video that tens of thousands of people have viewed on YouTube; A three-year-old sobbing and screaming "stop touching me" during a TSA pat down at the Chattanoona,Tennessee airport. The child's TV reporter father captured the incident on his mobile phone. Now, it's raising questions about how children should be screened at airports.
Note: the video of the girl being mauled by TSA is highly disturbing.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s1847677.shtml

Old 11-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #17
Dennis Hultman
Those of you with children, is this OK? If yes, when will you ever speak up?

Old 11-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #18
Dennis Hultman

Old 11-20-2010, 11:14 PM   #19
KelliH
That child being searched that way was just awful. I certainly do not agree with it.

What are some other solutions to the security problems at the airports? My solution is that I don't fly (dislike it immensely anyway!), I drive. But seriously, we obviously have major security issues at our airports, what should be done to make the folks that do travel by plane more secure? Would any of you change your mind is we have another airplane related terrorist attack, perhaps worse than 9/11 was? I'm just curious to hear everyon'e opinions.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #20
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
That child being searched that way was just awful. I certainly do not agree with it.

What are some other solutions to the security problems at the airports? My solution is that I don't fly (dislike it immensely anyway!), I drive. But seriously, we obviously have major security issues at our airports, what should be done to make the folks that do travel by plane more secure? Would any of you change your mind is we have another airplane related terrorist attack, perhaps worse than 9/11 was? I'm just curious to hear everyon'e opinions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!