Go Airborne - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 01-10-2003, 01:27 AM   #21
Adam Block
Rich, I'm working on other places to advertise, however, I will suffer from this and I had that understanding for 4 years, that's why I turned a blind eye for as long as I did. I don't get enough traffic on my site without ads. When I place ads on KS my traffic would go up by 400%. When I place ads other places I don't even notice a change in traffic.

As for the king of soul himself sending me that email. HOW MANY TIME DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU ALL!!!

I'm dumb not stupid! Big difference!

Quote:
Return-path: <jsbrown2@fedex.com>
Received: from bright06. (bright06-qfe0.icomcast.net [172.20.4.161])
by msgstore02.icomcast.net
(iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 HotFix 1.07 (built Nov 25 2002))
with ESMTP id <0H8G00EEBY357S@msgstore02.icomcast.net> for
adamblock@ims-ms-daemon; Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:49:53 -0500 (EST)
Received: from mtain03 (bright-LB.icomcast.net [172.20.3.155])
by bright06. (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id h09Mno202346 for
<@msgstore02.icomcast.net:adamblock@comcast.net> ; Thu,
09 Jan 2003 17:49:51 -0500 (EST)
Received: from mx13.sac.fedex.com (mx13.sac.fedex.com [199.81.197.53])
by mtain03.icomcast.net
(iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 HotFix 1.07 (built Nov 25 2002))
with ESMTP id <0H8G00H3DY302T@mtain03.icomcast.net> for adamblock@comcast.net
(ORCPT adamblock@comcast.net); Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:49:49 -0500 (EST)
Received: from mx14.sac.fedex.com (mx14.sac.fedex.com [199.82.159.12])
by mx13.sac.fedex.com (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h09MnmAe073554 for
<adamblock@comcast.net>; Thu,
09 Jan 2003 16:49:48 -0600 (CST envelope-from jsbrown2@fedex.com)
Received: from legalnt10.legal.fedex.com
(legalnt10.legal.fedex.com [199.81.231.173])
by mx14.sac.fedex.com (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id h09MnmMr074979 for
<adamblock@comcast.net>; Thu,
09 Jan 2003 16:49:48 -0600 (CST envelope-from jsbrown2@fedex.com)
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:51:49 -0600
Subject: Live Reptile Shipments
To: adamblock@comcast.net
Message-id: <DA48D011155BBF45B23F93D23AD2E6B21CB4A9@legalnt10. legal.fedex.com>
MIME-version: 1.0
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.0.4712.0
Content-type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C2B831.B1E30045"
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Thread-topic: Live Reptile Shipments
Thread-index: AcK4MbHdoNKMiSGQSe2J33LoUMnRAw==
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
Original-recipient: rfc822;adamblock@comcast.net
Also, I don't mean to brag but I'm no lawyer and I thought it was an odd email too.

Adam Block

Old 01-10-2003, 09:18 AM   #22
repitat
Adam,

I would call FedEx's main number and try to ask if they have such a person working for them. If they try to connect you, just say "no thanks" or hang up. That's probably the easiest way to go about it.

About the email address & origination, I don't know much about tracing emails, but I do know that FedEx generally uses firstname.lastname@fedex.com. Also, in my dealings with them over my damaged product, I have never received an email from them, even after I've sent them one (well, several actually). I've only received snail mail from them.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-10-2003, 10:40 AM   #23
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Back on track...

Just thought I'd bring this SLIGHTLY back on track. I have used Airborne before and had nothing but problems. Initially, they had NO problems whatsoever taking my live animal shipments. However, after my first and (hopefully) only DOA, I decided maybe they're not all that they're cracked up to be. The box was obviously damaged and the gecko inside did not make it through(he appeared to have a broken neck from the pics I saw and from what my customer told me). I complained, but nothing happened of course. Afterwards, I was told by my driver that they would no longer accept live animal shipments and I would have to label them as something else if I wanted to keep shipping htrough them(though he did say HE knew what I shipped and would take care of them as far along as he could). Well, this wasn't exactly acceptable, but unfortunately at the time I didn't realize what options I had and did a couple more shipments through them. But those were lost and in transit well over the 10 am delivery guarantee every time.
Obviously I no longer use them. UPS was surprisingly easy to deal with, though they would never send me anything in writing stating they were making an exception for me, so I could have lost my account at the drop of a dime if someone felt like it. However, after a couple of delayed packages, I am not going that route anymore.
FedEx has told me time and time again that anything smaller than a HORSE would not be shipped through them(yes, I am being serious, no animals smaller than a HORSE is what I was told). However, I was able to ship some geckos from one of their hubs without a problem(initially). The cost was $31 and I paid upfront with my debit card. It was approved, signed, handed them my box, no problems. However, about a week later, I received a $65 BILL from them with no explanations. They were paid for their services upfront based on the weight and size of my package(the box of GECKOS people ) and decided to double bill me later on. It still has not been resolved, and those animals were sent out back in October or November. Any company that tries to double dip me like that automatically goes into the "do not do business with" list.
That is why I will not ship anything until I get my approved shipper status with Delta. I have always been very happy with their service and handling on the packages I've received and I don't have to covertly ship my animals AND I have guarantees on them AND same day service. I know they have problems sometimes as well, but the instances seem to be FAR fewer than the other options.
And Adam, as far as your situation goes, unless you have something documenting you have permission to ship herps sent to you by FedEx, your hands are tied. BUT, I have never known ANY of the shipping companies to send e-mails, EVER. Even though UPS had my e-mail address on file, they NEVER used it. Airborne has NEVER contacted me that way, neither has FedEx. It has always been through a letter or phone call.

Old 01-10-2003, 01:23 PM   #24
Python Dreams
I'm located in Southern California and I tried to use Airbourne and was told that they do not except reptiles. As far as snakes go, is their any carrier that will except them for shipping without going against company policy (besides Delta or QuickPak)?
On a side note, I shipped out a Blizzard Lizard through U.S.P.S. to Connecticut that was supposed to arrive yesterday by 3:00pm, and at the same time I was supposed to receive an Albino Ball Python from Florida at 2:40pm. Both packages were lost!!! This was kinda stressful. U.S.P.S. worked well with the receiver and actually called her before they opened today and told her right when the package came in and let her pick it up then. The Blizzard was perfect and warm except for the poop stuck to her head! :-) Then Delta went out of the way and let me come in after they closed to pick up my python last night. I think they got stressed realizing that they lost a somewhat expensive package and they actually did everything they could. My new Albino Ball came in and once he warmed up a bit he is very active and very Beautiful!!!!! Thanks Cypress Creek!!!! At least both of the shipping companies realised how their was an animals life possibly at stake and went above and beyond to do what they could. Other than lose it in the first place!!! ;-)

Thanks, Tom Baker
tombaker22@cox.net

Old 02-06-2003, 07:43 PM   #25
TWINSTATERPTILE
JUST TO CLEAR THINGS UP ABOUT AIRBORNEN

I JUST WANT EVERYONT TO KNOW !!!
I HAVE NOTICED A FEW PEOPLE MENTIONING THAT AIRBORNE WONT LET THEM SHIP REPTILE!! WELL THIS IS NOT TRUE.
MYSELF BEING A FORMER AIRBORNE EMPLOYEE. LOOKED INTO THIS WHEN I STARTED SHIPPING REPTILES. AND AIRBORNE HAS NO LIMITATIONS TO SHIPPING REPTILES, NO WHERE IN THE HANDBOOK DOES IT SAY NO REPTILE OR LIVE ANIMALS!!
SOME STATIONS MAY DISLIKE THE SITUATION BUT HAVE TO SHIP YOU ANIMALS. SO I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT IF AIRBORNE DRIVER SAYS NO REPTILES HE IS WRONG CALL AIRBORNE YOURSELF AND TELL THEM WHAT THE DRIVER SAID.
WELL ONE MORE TIME AIRBORNE HAS TO SHIP REPTILES!!
THE ONLY CASE THEY CANT SHIP THEM IS IF IT IS A INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENT ACROSS SEAS!!!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME
BRANDON DYKE
TWIN-STATE REPTILES

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!