TSA forces cancer survivor to show prosthetic breast - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #31
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Those of you with children, is this OK? If yes, when will you ever speak up?

The answer is never. To many people are just willing to go along with whatever they are told.

These machines were sent out in response for the "underwear bomber's" attempt.
Reactive not proactive and to many people just don't care. They will sacrifice just about every little freedom to live in their little bubble world.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #32
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post

The answer is never. To many people are just willing to go along with whatever they are told.

These machines were sent out in response for the "underwear bomber's" attempt.
Reactive not proactive and to many people just don't care. They will sacrifice just about every little freedom to live in their little bubble world.
And the funny thing is... the underwear bomber didnt even board the plane in America

Old 11-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #33
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Earlier Monday, Transportation Security Administration chief John Pistole urged passengers angry over safety procedures not to boycott airport body scans.
Of course he dont want us to boycott the body scans. That would prove that americans can think for themselves and not rely on being fed a load of crap from the gov.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40312411...ews/?GT1=43001

Quote:
He said he understands public concerns about privacy in the wake of the tough new security checks, but said that a relatively small proportion of the 34 million people who have flown since the new procedures went into effect have had body pat downs.
So that makes it ok for the TSA to sexually assualt passengers because it doesnt happen that often. BS!!!!

Old 11-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #34
Southern Wolf
Passenger chooses strip-down over pat-down

Quote:
When a San Diego man opted out of security screening using the Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT) at Lindbergh Field Friday, he stripped down to his underwear in an attempt to avoid the pat-down procedures.

Samuel Wolanyk took the protest started Nov. 13 by Oceanside's John Tyner to a whole new level.

While Tyner videotaped his refusal to be patted down, telling the agent "If you touch my junk, I'll have you arrested," Wolanyk decided to give TSA a look at his body down to his Calvin Klein's.
Amen!!! My hats off to this guy for standing up to the feel up.

Quote:
Through a statement released by his attorney Sunday night, Wolanyk said "TSA needs to see that I'm not carrying any weapons, explosives, or other prohibited substances, I refuse to have images of my naked body viewed by perfect strangers, and having been felt up for the first time by TSA the week prior (I travel frequently) I was not willing to be molested again."
Sounds like someone is finally willing to stand up for their rights.

Quote:
Wolanyk's attorney said that TSA requested his client put his clothes on so he could be patted down properly but his client refused to put his clothes back on. He never refused a pat down, according to his attorney.

Wolanyk was arrested for refusing to complete the security process. A woman, identified by Harbor police as Danielle Kelli Hayman, 39, of San Diego was detained for recording the incident on a phone.
So now they have seen everything ... and they still want to feel him up. Whats wrong with this picture. And they detained the woman for shooting the video. When is it illegal to video news in the making. Isn't that what reporters attempt to do every day.

the full story... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40314284/ns/travel-news

Old 11-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #35
Southern Wolf
Tell the TSA 'Don't touch my junk' – here's how

This link has information and ways to voice your displeasure. Please give it a read and submit your opinions. http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...junk-heres-how

Quote:
Whether or not you're traveling on Wednesday, there are plenty of other ways you can let the TSA know what you think. "Individuals appalled by these procedures have a right to submit formal complaints to the TSA," the Electronic Frontier Foundation reports. "It is important the passengers and crew submit complaints to showcase the widespread resistance to these procedures. "

The EFF plans to file a Freedom of Information Act request to test the claim that the TSA has seen minimal increases in complaints, and the privacy advocacy encorages travelers to submit any complaints as well. Here's how:
From EFF's website http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/11...ity-procedures

Quote:
The Transportation Security Administration has adopted "enhanced" security procedures — presenting people with the horrible choice of either submitting to body scanners that show passengers unclothed or submit to what are called "groping" pat-down techniques which include touching both breasts and genitalia. As some have noted these processes appear to have little likelihood of increasing the safety of fliers.

Individuals appalled by these procedures have a right to submit formal complaints to the TSA. It is important the passengers and crew submit complaints to showcase the widespread resistance to these procedures. TSA maintains that they have seen no increase in complaints about the new security procedures. EFF will be filing FOIA requests to test this claim, but in the meantime we wanted to make sure that people who wished to complain knew how to make their thoughts and feelings heard.
They then go on to tell you how to complain about the treatment we are receiving at the hands of TSA and they give you all the links you need to file your complaints.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #36
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
And they detained the woman for shooting the video. When is it illegal to video news in the making. Isn't that what reporters attempt to do every day.

Not only that but for those that don't understand what these new "pat downs" are and refuse both scanning or the enhanced pat downs, TSA has confirmed that if you arrive at the screening section and refuse both you will not be allowed to leave the area without submitting to one or the other. $11,000 penalty and arrest if you try to exit the airport without the screening.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #37
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post

Not only that but for those that don't understand what these new "pat downs" are and refuse both scanning or the enhanced pat downs, TSA has confirmed that if you arrive at the screening section and refuse both you will not be allowed to leave the area without submitting to one or the other. $11,000 penalty and arrest if you try to exit the airport without the screening.
Once again... it just proves its all about the money. Why cant we just decide... .screw it.. Im not gonna subject myself to this and I wont fly. Now it becomes a crime that I bought a ticket and didn't use it because I didn't want to be seen naked or get felt up.

and in other news......

How to steal a body-scan picture
http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...y-scan-picture

Old 11-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #38
The BoidSmith
This is a true story. Due to the nature of my work I fly quite a bit so I'm used to being "randomly chosen" for a heightened security inspection but the following takes the cake.

Flying in through Chicago I was waiting in line for my security check. Lots of people in line and veeery slow. To kill some time I started reading the rules of security posted by the line. It was obvious someone was watching me while I read. When it is my turn, the lady in charge that has headphones on her has me go through the metal detector. Nothing rings and I thought let's go and she says hold one second, you need to go through here, and points to one of those machines that puff air to you, and so I did. Done I thought, wrong. She now calls a big guy and asks him to pat me down, he touches me left and right, north and south. The lady then cups headphones as if trying to hear better and she says "blue jeans"; she then tells me to open my pants and show the underside of the belt. I was very tempted at that point to play dumb and drop my pants. In the meantime all the other passengers were watching...After that I decided to play along and have fun. I bet to myself if I'm going to be randomly chosen and look nervous while in line, looking around and fidgeting with my fingers...

Old 11-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #39
Dennis Hultman
One thing for certain is that those that find this whole situation wrong includes all political areas. Right, left no-matter. The only ones spouting support on air, is the current administration, TSA and a few political hacks from both ruling parties.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #40
Southern Wolf
It is wrong. I dont support any political side. Politicians = Liars. Its that simple. The question becomes... who lies the least.

My problem is... if I cant walk up to someone and rub their crotch or breasts... then why can the gov do that to me. Illegal is Illegal. Period point blank. What makes it not Illegal for them. Those that want to chime in and say... cause it makes you safer.. .I have to ask this.

Is your head up your a** for the warmth. Pull it out and see the larger picture. It doesn't make you safer. Not everyone is going thru this.... so the potential still exists that that unsafe individual gets on the plane.

So you say... then everyone should have to get felt up or get digitally strip searched. Are we as a country really willing to put up with that amount of invasion of privacy. Hell if the TSA can play with that blonds boobs.. .then I should be able to. Im a law enforcement officer.... why cant I if they can. We are both trying to keep folks safe. Kinda sounds absurd doesn't it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!