Bad Guy Samantha Walters / A&S Reptiles - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #121
Shiacolyte
@ Millipede, I 100% agree where you are coming from, but here's the thing the seller in this instance had every chance to make it right and come out owning what happened seeing as she was one of the first to repost on this thread BEFORE anyone else did.. ALSO she was told many times by me "what I wanted out of this" and she refused every single action and then took off with attitude saying that she didn't need to be around this board that it was childish or something like that... you're right.. sometimes these do scare the seller away, but correct me if I am wrong as this next statement is personal opinion.. BUT if you were trying to build a business for yourself, and you made a mistake or screwed up, DO YOU NOT think that you would beyond all actions do what it took to clear your name/reputation and make something right? no matter how much flack you were getting because of it.. (ie.. now.. this seller is getting EVEN more garbage because of the fact that she dodged, I would be on here telling people how she's making an attempt blah blah if she was.. but she isn't, who's fault is that? surely not the people replying to this thread?) ALSO, (another opinion).. its well known in the world of business that if you have no backbone for what you are working in.. you probably shouldnt be doing it.. to get "scared off" because of some people repeatedly asking you questions that you repeatedly dodge and refuse to answer, or the fact that you can't get your stuff straight.. you definitely shouldn't be in the "business" that you are in

THAT BEING SAID

regarding your comment as to the setup of the snake currently, we have tried all forms of bedding minus shredded paper and sani-chips (as I really don't like either and have heard horror stories from both).. second at the time of purchase this snake was in no rack system.. she was in a 41qt long sterilite tub, stacked amongst 3-4 other 41qt tubs on the ground, next to them was more snakes in various size tubs stacked on the ground.. heating all of this was a space heater in the middle of the room (NOW I am in no way throwing "flames" towards the sellers setup.. as if it works for her awesome!) we brought this snake home and moved her into a 41qt wide rubbermaid tub as it appeared to give the girl a little more room. We moved her into the "colony" rack as you'd have it after a month or two of quarantine (I don't remember the exact time however I can dig for it if its a big ordeal) she is currently on back heat as my racks do not support belly heat (figured this would be fine considering there was no belly heat before, and the back heat creates the same hotspots as the space heater did).. YES, there is going to be a vet check up soon.. thankfully another one of the "breeders" (posting the name because I think I have to?) Kaitlin Hornbaker of Ace of Snakes in AZ stepped forward and is offering to help with the vet bill in order to get this all under wraps. Things will be posted AFTER the vet check is done. Is the snake sick? I don't know.. will the snake eat eventually?.. I pray to god she does.. the point being is that information regarding this snakes past was still withheld from the buyer by the seller. Another opinion of mine.. but is that what people want to base their business's off of? lies/secrets? god knows I would never want to buy a snake from someone who has been publicly proven to have done this.. and this is exactly what this BOI has done.. the seller had a chance to redeem herself and instead because of attitude decided to make things worse for herself.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #122
Willow
I will admit I kept repeating myself...the information she was giving was BLOWING MY MIND and I was just trying to make sure SHE knew what SHE was actually saying....or how dramatic of information she was really giving everyone.

I agree completely with Sarah's post...but I was not going to coax Samantha out of her lies...I wanted to know how far she was willing to go with her lies, it only adds to the giant hole she is digging for herself.

If Samantha ever planned to actually address this issue properly, she would have done it loooong before this thread. The very first post, full of the texts between her and Daniel, proved she wasn't interested in helping a worried, confused customer from the get go.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #123
millipede
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiacolyte View Post
@ Millipede, I 100% agree where you are coming from, but here's the thing the seller in this instance had every chance to make it right and come out owning what happened seeing as she was one of the first to repost on this thread BEFORE anyone else did.. ALSO she was told many times by me "what I wanted out of this" and she refused every single action and then took off with attitude saying that she didn't need to be around this board that it was childish or something like that... you're right.. sometimes these do scare the seller away, but correct me if I am wrong as this next statement is personal opinion.. BUT if you were trying to build a business for yourself, and you made a mistake or screwed up, DO YOU NOT think that you would beyond all actions do what it took to clear your name/reputation and make something right? no matter how much flack you were getting because of it.. (ie.. now.. this seller is getting EVEN more garbage because of the fact that she dodged, I would be on here telling people how she's making an attempt blah blah if she was.. but she isn't, who's fault is that? surely not the people replying to this thread?) ALSO, (another opinion).. its well known in the world of business that if you have no backbone for what you are working in.. you probably shouldnt be doing it.. to get "scared off" because of some people repeatedly asking you questions that you repeatedly dodge and refuse to answer, or the fact that you can't get your stuff straight.. you definitely shouldn't be in the "business" that you are in
But that wasn't my point. Maybe she shouldn't be in the business...but the fact remains that she is and the comments here are not persuading her not to be. I don't think anyone made any attempts to try and educate her some people don't tend to respond to hostility...or try to get some money out of her for your compensation. You'll be disappointed if you expect everyone to do the right thing, there's too much human error. As people continue to state here, if her business practices are bad, she will not do well in the industry. That should really be enough, to have this thread here for people to read and for her ethics to catch up with her, but it seems like people are bent on 'punishing' her with harsh words. We don't want people to carry a chip on their shoulder when it comes to responsibility. We could at least give it a shot with these resistant hard-headed types, and if that fails then people can go in on her, lol. I'd say in the broad scheme of things this isn't a tragic situation, considering what it could have been. I anticipate the results of the vet visit.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of illnesses would result in such rapid weight loss, with a recovery? I'd think parasites that aggressive would kill the snake. Reptaid (XL) is always good to have on hand as a shot gun approach in my opinion.

My fussy feeder ball python actually didn't like it when I moved him to a bigger tub. The pillow case technique is definitely worth a try if you haven't done that. Maybe leave her in there for a while before feeding, wiggling a pre-killed or warmed mouse. If all techniques fail there's always assisting the feed (with really small rodents), which actually also seemed to help mine. Their brains are weird.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #124
Shiacolyte
((UPDATE)) I have recently talked to Ms. Walters and she is willing to foot the bill to the vet, will post more updates when I have them.. a step in the right direction! Ty Sam

Old 07-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #125
millipede
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiacolyte View Post
((UPDATE)) I have recently talked to Ms. Walters and she is willing to foot the bill to the vet, will post more updates when I have them.. a step in the right direction! Ty Sam
Sometimes it takes a while for people to come to their senses
Glad to see that a resolution is on the way.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:29 PM   #126
A&S Reptiles
I just needed a few days to get my head straight. All of this was alot to take in as I have never had to deal with this before. I doubt she has parasites as then my snakes now could have it and no ones lost weight. Also if she has had them for a year (six months in my care and almost six in his) I have a hard time believing it wouldn't kill her. But Dr. Funk is the best vet in AZ so what he says goes. Looking forward to a clean bill of health for the snakes sake.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #127
Willow
Even I must say, that is good to hear.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #128
MiIguanaLvr
Good for you Samantha. It is great to see someone who admits their mistake and takes steps to correct it. That is a very good quality to have.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:22 AM   #129
Amelanistic Orca
That's huge of you Samantha! Hoping for the best!

Old 07-18-2012, 02:24 AM   #130
A&S Reptiles
Just had to clear my head. I trust Funk. Hopefully its nothing major and life threatening

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!