Crested Gecko Enclosure Design - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-15-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
LittleGrayTiger
Crested Gecko Enclosure Design

As far as reptiles go, I'm mostly a snake person, but I do like a few lizards that are out there. My current ball pythons and two male leopard geckos live in various Boaphile cages, but I'm taking on my very first vivarium project (Second terrarium).

I have a lot of experience in exhibit diorama design, but live things are more complicated. I have a compact fluorescent light for growing aquarium plants that I'd like to use to grow vivarium plants; it's two 25watt 6500k bulbs. Will this be sufficient to keep basic plants like pothos and snake plant alive? Will this be stressful for the crestie?

Secondly when I'm designing my background, what's most important for a happy gecko? Cover/overhangs/hiding spots? Vertical climbing opportunities? Or just open space for more plants? I'm also thinking of building the background to wrap around the walls as well so the animal has more privacy. If the crestie won't care either way though, I'd like it more open.

Thoughts?

Old 10-16-2015, 08:40 PM   #2
CrestedRick
Lots of plants and vertical hiding places. nothing really on the ground but lots of foliage so they feel safe. broad leaf plants

Old 10-18-2015, 03:40 PM   #3
CrestedRick
They really like to climb and stay off the ground. Try some snake plants (sansaveria) they grow straight up and at hearty enough to handle a jumpy crested. As for background I used cork bark panel and added some cork rounds to act as planters.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!