Shipping Questions.... spam_UPS/USPS/ - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 11-06-2002, 07:54 AM   #21
The Monserrate's
Brian,
The approval letter I received from UPS says they do not accept any kind of snake, venomous or non-venomous, for transportation.

Vicki Monserrate

Old 11-24-2002, 10:12 PM   #22
Charlie McCullough
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Zuchowski
Most people just do not want the hassles of running out to the airport any hour of the day or night to pick up their animals.  Some people live 3 or more hours away from the nearest airport.  So not only are you tacking in $80 for shipping, you are also adding hours driving to the airport and back.  What does a full tank of gasoline cost these days?  What is your time worth to you?
Good point. I guess I'm one of those few people who insist on shipments by Same Day Air (i.e. Delta Dash). My preferred method of receiving reptiles is in person - but that's not always feasible. I'll generally pay the $75 shipping to ensure that transit time/stress is kept to a minimum.

Old 11-26-2002, 12:01 PM   #23
INSANE CANES
It has been brought to my attention that UPS is beginning to open boxes and refusing to ship any animals. The louder voices get their way. It is time for us in the herp hobby to unite and let UPS know what we want. Let me encourage everyone that reads this to call UPS at 1-800-742-5877 and (be polite) tell them that we want them to ship our animals. If they refuse then let them know that we will take "ALL" of our shipping needs elsewhere. Not just animals but let them know we will not ship anything with them. I will not use them to ship a snake hook. Please everyone call before these rules destroy our hobby while we sit back and do nothing.

Old 11-26-2002, 12:03 PM   #24
INSANE CANES
The above post was a copy and paste from another site. I didn't write or create it, just passing it along.

Old 11-27-2002, 04:34 PM   #25
Fred Albury
Thumbs down My experience REF/ U.P.S.

I dont favor useing U.PS. in any capacity, I have had customers
askl me to use U.P.S. when sending them snakes. I always decline, even if it costs me the sale, its not worth the hassle.
Why, you ask? Lets put it this way...they tend to LOSE things...........

enough said,

Fred Albury
AZTEC REPTILES

Old 03-26-2003, 02:34 AM   #26
Asuncion7
UPS

My only deal with UPS is that I was able to get verified and all that, but in order to ship my reptiles I have to pay the weekly rate whether or not I ship, which was $17. I only ship once or twice a month, so this isn't cost effective for me. Not only that, but UPS also cost more than USPS to ship.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!