Sick? Help!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-14-2006, 09:19 PM   #1
Punkskater2448
Exclamation Sick? Help!!!

Ok.
I just got an iggy for my birthday. Went out picked him out, *baby its still very small* got the cage 55 Gallon tank *might be 50 not sure* got this 100 watt heat emitter from zoo med. Got a $40 uv light, got the blue heat light for might, and got a humidifier. Ok so i have the cage set up, the eco earth stuff is very moist *is that good or bad* humidity ranges from 60 some times to 90, and heat is always around 80-95. Ok i feed him mustard greens dark leafy greens carrots kiwi ect. Now here is the problem. He sleeps ALL THE TIME when i take him out he sleeps on my hand right away, no matter what happends he just sits where u put him and closes his eyes. You can also see his ribs. *Remember i just got him 2 days ago* And imn ot sure if he is eating, i havent seen him eat at all, and if i put stuff in fron of him to eat he doesnt.oh yea i also have the calcium powder for the food. Now i have read about 10 websites on how to take care of them so i think i know some what on what im doing. Now does any one know if this is natural to be like this when u first get them or is something wrong. Please help me!!!

Old 08-14-2006, 11:14 PM   #2
varnyard
I would say there is something wrong. I would tend to think it might be parasites. This could cause these symptoms. Also any substrate is a bad idea for iguanas, they are well known for getting impactions. Newspaper or reptile carpet would be a much better choice.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:34 AM   #3
dragonsfire39
Sounds like it needs to go to a vet. I would make an appointment right away. I would also take the eco-earth out of the cage. Iguanas tend to like to eat things they shouldn't, including bedding. Your best bet is repti-carpet or even newspaper. Nothing they can eat.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!