Bad Guy Dishonest guy Jon Boone (User name Geitje) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
Tankster
Dishonest guy Jon Boone (User name Geitje)

I bought a pair of 1.1 sub adults Pachydactylus rugosus from Jon Boone early this year, First day when I received the pair from him, I saw the one supposed to be female looked like she has hemipenile Bulges, I have a lot of experience with other gecko species even this is the first time I got P rugosus, I can tell both are males !!

I contacted him and let him know right away, he said the female still young and I should able to tell the difference between the male and female in couple months. After two months they grown a bit bigger and the one supposed to be female now with huge Hemipenile Bulges as big as the male...then I took some closed up photos sent it to Jon Boone, he agreed with me that it is a male, he said he don't have any female right now but should have one in a month, so I wait for a month and half contacted him again, again he said he still don't have a female yet, but asked me any back up plan like get other animals from him, at that point I don't trust him anymore so I suggested refund the money and I ship him back the extra male, but from then on I have never hear from him, now been almost three months still not hear a word !!

Today I decide to write a post is because I know that I will never get the refund or replace a female, I don't want other people fall in his trap, we love our hobby, some people have to save for a long time to buy an animal they like, it is not fair for them to pay a thousand dollars for two males P rugosus !!
By the way if anyone want to buy this species, go to Phil Tremper Gecko Ranch, I also bought a pair from him they are great looking animals, and 100% sexable pair, Phil is a honest man, and his P rugosus cheaper too.

Thank you for reading, have a great holidays !!

Wai Lui