Bad Guy Dishonest guy Jon Boone (User name Geitje) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #21
Celtic Constrictors
Thanks for posting those Christine. Yup, clearly a male as Jon conceded via email. Hopefully Mr. Boone will respond with more information.

I truly believe based on his demeanor in the emails that he would have followed through with rectifying the problem regardless of bringing it to the BOI.

*Shrug*

Old 12-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #22
Tankster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankster View Post
Thank you very much Noelle, the second two photos actually were took in Oct, the Hemipenile Bulges now as big as the other male : )
Sorry I meant second two photos were took in Sept.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #23
allesuberschildkroten
As I've seen others say on posts on fauna before about not getting what you paid for... It doesn't matter what he is offering to replace them with. Tankster didn't get what he paid for. He paid for a male and female and received 2 males. He wanted a female and was willing to wait but he could not be provided with one. He now wants his money back. Its pretty cut and dry, he should receive a refund. Not other animals that he does not want.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:37 AM   #24
Tankster
Quote:
Originally Posted by allesuberschildkroten View Post
As I've seen others say on posts on fauna before about not getting what you paid for... It doesn't matter what he is offering to replace them with. Tankster didn't get what he paid for. He paid for a male and female and received 2 males. He wanted a female and was willing to wait but he could not be provided with one. He now wants his money back. Its pretty cut and dry, he should receive a refund. Not other animals that he does not want.
Hi Justin, I am glad you able to see my point why I posted this here, I paid over thousand for 1.1 sexable pair, but end up I got two males... also I gave him a chance to replace the female, but he unable to come up with a female in 3 months, all he said he shoud have one soon, finally I suggested to refund so I can use the refund buy a female from other person, this way I will have a chance to breed them in next season. Soon I suggested refund on Oct 25, from then on I've never hear from him again !!

Wai

Old 12-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #25
Drew R
Not sure this qualifies as a bad guy post? The OP was buying young animals which every experienced keeper knows is a best guess scenario. So the female winds up male and Jon offers to give a guaranteed female raising an animal to size to be 100% sure of the gender can take some time. Jon never said he wouldn't refund the money he did ask if there were any other animals wanted. Seems to me jon is taking care of this and the OP is getting impatient. Yes I also understand pushing back a season is discouraging but so goes the reptile business. I have had several transactions with Jon and all have been flawless. Give him a chance to respond I am sure the situation will be corrected!

Old 12-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #26
allesuberschildkroten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew R View Post
Not sure this qualifies as a bad guy post? The OP was buying young animals which every experienced keeper knows is a best guess scenario. So the female winds up male and Jon offers to give a guaranteed female raising an animal to size to be 100% sure of the gender can take some time. Jon never said he wouldn't refund the money he did ask if there were any other animals wanted. Seems to me jon is taking care of this and the OP is getting impatient. Yes I also understand pushing back a season is discouraging but so goes the reptile business. I have had several transactions with Jon and all have been flawless. Give him a chance to respond I am sure the situation will be corrected!
I'm not saying Jon is a bad guy, but if he stopped communication after Oct when the OP said they wanted an refund and not other animals. Its a little concerning he wouldn't make it right with a refund. He only offered other animals which the OP doesn't want. He should get his money refunded....

Old 12-17-2013, 06:31 AM   #27
Drew R
I do not see anywhere in the posts where he refused a refund? He did ask the OP if there where any other animals he was interested in which is a very common response when working out a transaction. Also Justin my response wasn't meant to be taken as directed at you just my thoughts on the deal!

Old 12-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #28
allesuberschildkroten
Quote:
I do not see anywhere in the posts where he refused a refund? He did ask the OP if there where any other animals he was interested in which is a very common response when working out a transaction. Also Justin my response wasn't meant to be taken as directed at you just my thoughts on the deal!
I did not take it as directed at me at all .... I think its strange that its been almost 2 months with no response once he asked for a refund. And you're he didn't say that in the emails. But almost 2 months of silence says something... Like I said, I don't think he is a bad guy, as the others have said he isn't. To me its just strange to not say anything back to someone when you know there are issues with the product.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #29
Drew R
That's why I'm hoping to hear Jon's side today. I am sure he will remedy the situation.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #30
MissFirefly
Quote:
I believe the OP has given him ample time to respond before posting this given that he hasn't heard from Jon since the end of October. From the communications posted Jon seems like a pleasant and reasonable person and I hope he makes this right but I don't think the OP is out of line for making this post.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!