Bad Guy Dishonest guy Jon Boone (User name Geitje) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #51
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankster View Post
If he think it is a mistake, he should fix it right away, instead of ignored me after Oct 23 ....I sent him two emails but never hear from him after Oct 23 !!
I am curious about that delay myself, however, on September 5th (the actual time frame of the photos), he asked what you wanted to do with the male and it appears you didn't respond. In fact, during that time frame you seemed more interested in another female. One minute you are fine with waiting, then above you make it seemed like you wanted this fixed "right away."

Old 12-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #52
Focal
Quote:
Please read the email history again, Jon agreed that it is a male on Spet 5. I don't know what wrong of you believe that Jon is the "victim", but as what I said of the beginning, I just wanted to warn people about deal with him even I may never get what I paid for.
Wai
I did have to read it again but it was your history that lead me wrong in the first place. I now see where you corrected that part later on.

Jon is not a victim. He just has less inconsistencies at this point.

Is returning both the males not an option for you?

Old 12-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #53
Tankster
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
Assuming we are attempting to operate as regular business folks, if we bought a set of anything else, say dishes, and part of that set was flawed, the store would not give you 1/8 of your money back and let you keep the other 7 good dishes. You would have to return the entire set.
I agree that a large amount of time went by without communication due to personal issues, and you have every right to be anxious about that. But these are relatively rare animals, and they don't show up every day, or month. He is willing to make this right, as soon as he has the animals to do so, or to refund the money for your set. If you can wait, I think you'll be happy that you're dealing with Jon.

Noelle
I been wait long enough, if he refund the full amount $1050 right away, I am happy to ship him back both males as soon as I get the money, but if he wants me ship him back the animals first no way I will trust him second time.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #54
Focal
Quote:
I been wait long enough, if he refund the full amount $1050 right away, I am happy to ship him back both males as soon as I get the money, but if he wants me ship him back the animals first no way I will trust him second time.
Do you have some reason to believe Jon will not refund when he's able to see these animals in front of him?

Old 12-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #55
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geitje View Post
First of all, just a short explanation of my tardiness for reply on this thread – my wife of 21 years and I have been going thru a lengthy divorce for the past 15 months (since August of 2012...) – and almost unbelievably – we’re getting back together and helping her move back in this coming weekend, planning, legal matters, financial matters, etc. So, I’ve been absorbed with spending a lot of time outside of my house lately. Next, I sold Wai a pair of P. rugosus at a discounted rate from what they were originally offered. Next, I sold young animals that I thought were a pair for $1050/shipped (not more than $1K/pair considering shipping). I routinely sold unsexed juveniles during that time for $400-500ea., although not necessarily important to this deal, but the price to Wai was more than fair at that time. Eventually, Wai informed me that the 2 animals he got from me were 2 males. Taking his word that the 2 animals were indeed the 2 animals I sent, I eventually agreed.

Next, I’m assuming that most people who buy juvenile pairs of a given species have done so for the primary reason of breeding them. These juvenile animals are at around 1 year away from breeding size when I shipped them, meaning that next July/August (during the beginning of the austral summer 2014) would be the target time for Wai’s 1st chance to breed them. In the offhand chance that he just wants a couple of P. rugosus to stare at, then I’m not sure if the importance of sex ratio matters – other than I sold them as a pair. So, my position has been to provide Wai with a pair of P. rugosus and find him a suitably sized (and 100%) female. Last week I arranged for a few juveniles to come back from the Hamm show this past weekend, and I have another friend in the US from whom I’m picking up a group of rugosus. From these animals, it was my intention to send Wai a female from this group of about 9 young animals. At the moment, my breeding pairs are just starting to produce (during the austral summer, which I accommodate) so I knew that would not give Wai a fair chance of having a breedable pair for the 2014 summer season – hence my efforts of rounding up an outside group of rugosus to help Wai from.

Shipping – I ship 52 weeks of the year, not only in the USA, but to Europe, Canada, Japan, Taiwan, etc. 48 hour heat packs, proper shipping practices, and experience allow for this. I’ve shipped reptiles for 32 years, on average 170 shipments/year. I also worked for UPS for 20 years. So, I do not see shipping as a problem – regardless of where you live.

Refund – upon receiving back the 2 animals, refunding is an option.

Otherwise, my intention was to send Wai a female as soon as I get one that is essentially the same size (or larger) than the animals that I sent to him, and allow him to keep the extra male – or simply sell it for the inconvenience (yes, there are people who also need males – in USA, Europe and the Orient). Again, the earliest he could breed these would be summer 2014, and it was my intention to provide him with a female that would accommodate that at some point over the wintertime. My reasoning for my thoughts on the offer above are simply based in what I would expect to receive myself – since I’ve been in Wai’s position countless times over the years – and that is sometimes needing to wait for mistakes to be corrected and thereby having a pair that is breeding sized when the expected season should begin.
You've said quite a mouthful here. Was Wai made privy to any of the info you just posted? Maybe if he knew about the HAMM show and your persoal chaos which led you to shut down your whole operation...or was it just Wai you ignored?

Old 12-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #56
DavidBeard
Maybe he'll refund the money 3 months down the road.....I don't blame the OP for being sceptical. It doesn't seem like the seller is in any rush to resolve things.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #57
Tankster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
Do you have some reason to believe Jon will not refund when he's able to see these animals in front of him?
Yes, from July I paid him full amount $1050 until today I still didn't get what I paid for.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #58
Otter_23
Generally animals are returned first and then refund.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #59
Focal
Well, your terms are unorthodox but I hope it works out for you. I don't think you'll find many sellers refunding before receiving live animals back, especially from someone with no feedback.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #60
Ken Foose
Wow. First, Jon, I'm happy your life is getting back together. Good luck. So let me get this straight. Jon "miss-sexed" a couple young geckos and Ken ended up with two males. Jon is going to send Ken, at no expense a female that will be old enough to breed this coming breeding season. He gets to keep the extra male to use as a backup or to sell. How is this not a good deal? This is the reptile breeding business, not a factory. I understand Ken feeling put off, but at the same time Jon seems to be going to a lot of trouble and expense to not only fix the mistake but it seems Ken's going to come out ahead over time thanks to Jon's error and the fact that Jon's a good businessman. Just my opinion for what it's worth

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!