Bad Guy William Gangemi (at repticon) - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-14-2019, 02:53 AM   #111
LauraB
OK, I can be a moron on occasion, but what am I missing here. The issue with this Cory Whipple person is about a Beauty with a smashed tail. I get that.
However, looking at the two photos (above and below) Billy posted when he put the snakes up for sale, I notice this photo seems to have the end of the snake's tail blurred out.
Why would that be? Am I crazy or just blind?
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2019, 08:23 AM   #112
nickolasanastasiou
Many of the wild Colubrids I have encountered will "rattle" their tail tips when nervous/defensive. The camera looks to have been unable to account for the motion, as it also shows blur for the tongue. I mean, the tail tip could have been intentionally blurred out, but it looks like a motion thing to me based on that photograph.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:56 AM   #113
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I agree. Mr. Gangemi showed great customer service, a willingness to go the extra mile.
Too bad he's a convicted animal smuggler, he loses a lot of points with me for that one
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=661074

Old 07-14-2019, 12:17 PM   #114
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Too bad he's a convicted animal smuggler, he loses a lot of points with me for that one
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=661074
I agree, that was a terrible thing to do, and he loses points with me as well. However, I do not think that being convicted in the past automatically makes one guilty of any and all future accusations. And I do believe that some people work hard to redeem themselves after being convicted and that if buyers see evidence of subsequent hard work and good customer service, they may choose to make a transaction with such a person.

Old 07-14-2019, 12:20 PM   #115
AbsoluteApril
It just speaks to his character. Not much of the past, it was last month.

Old 07-14-2019, 12:41 PM   #116
Lucille
Quote:
Not much of the past, it was last month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangemiw View Post
I got in trouble for being part of a smuggling operation. Everyone knows that. I am the first one to admit that what I had been involved with was wrong and I am passed all that in my life it was over 5 years ago and just Recently resolved the case of what I have been charged with
Yes, the conviction was recent. Have his business practices improved in the past 5 years? Are there any recent strings of poor transactions in the last 5 years? What sort of character would that speak to?

I leave to each reader the decision of how long, is long enough and how good, is good enough. I did a search of his name here, reviews are mostly good, the bad guy one (besides this one) I think should be read prior to judgment.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:54 PM   #117
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Many of the wild Colubrids I have encountered will "rattle" their tail tips when nervous/defensive.
I knew that, I just wasn't thinking, obviously. I also didn't notice the tongue blur.
A few years ago I got summoned to a neighbor's house when she heard what she thought was a rattlesnake in her bushes when she was trimming them. It just turned out to be a noisy Black Racer that I later relocated.

Thanks for the reminder, Nick.

Oh, and to you, Billy, I will not respond to your insulting, arrogant PM.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:55 AM   #118
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post

Oh, and to you, Billy, I will not respond to your insulting, arrogant PM.

PM's like this speaks of childish behavior and poor character.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:05 PM   #119
IslandLizards
Quote:
It just speaks to his character. Not much of the past, it was last month.
Incident was 5 years ago.

Old 09-24-2019, 05:11 PM   #120
AbsoluteApril
I was talking about his sentencing

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!