You get a little excited . . . - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-29-2005, 11:49 AM   #1
Monte
You get a little excited . . .

. . . when they come off the FED EX truck looking like this.

This is the orange female I picked up from Kevin at Dragon's Den today. I bought it months ago - but the weather just became decent enough to ship.

These pictures are RIGHT off the truck - right out of the box. She's a big girl, that's for sure.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2005, 12:18 PM   #2
robin d.
VERY NICE monte... now you need some solid yellows!!!

Old 03-29-2005, 12:25 PM   #3
progeckos
Thumbs up Congrats...

I love the rust look. A++

Old 03-29-2005, 12:31 PM   #4
Monte
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
VERY NICE monte... now you need some solid yellows!!!
You read my mind, Robin. It's hard to find really, really nice yellows, though. Most of them look too buckskin"ish" for my tastes. Nothing wrong with a nice buckskin - but I'm looking for a yellow.

I have SO many ways I can go with breeding this female - I'm glad I have a few months to make that decision. Do I go solid tiger orange - or harley/pin - patternless Red - brown partial pin . . . what to do, what to do?

This is the fun part, eh?

Old 03-29-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
EriksReptiles
Very nice find. Here is a female that I bought from someone that said that they got it from Dragon's Den. Luckly she is a very good breeder. But Dragon's Den has got some sweet oranges and yellows!! Thanks Erik
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2005, 03:46 PM   #6
leaftail
Good job, Monte! She is gorgeous! Like Cody said, I love that rust look. She makes me think of autumn leaves.

Old 03-29-2005, 04:14 PM   #7
Jeremy Letkey
Thats a great looking girl Monte. She has a nice wide head and good size. Kevin definately has some nice animals.

Old 03-29-2005, 04:47 PM   #8
FreakOfNature66
sheesh!! you guys are so lucky I want to get a few cresties but I never get around it with and have money to put aside for them. Gorgeous simple gorgeous

Old 03-29-2005, 05:01 PM   #9
Monte
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakOfNature66
sheesh!! you guys are so lucky I want to get a few cresties but I never get around it with and have money to put aside for them. Gorgeous simple gorgeous
Thanks everybody - and Jessica, just be patient, you'll get there. I'm an old man - and used some Christmas money from my bosses to get this one. Save up for a baby - that's the best way to get them, they are much more inexpensive. The only reason this one is so huge is that I bought it - and Kevin held it for me for over 3 months because of the weather. He called me up and said "She's so big, she could be gravid." LOL

Old 03-29-2005, 09:20 PM   #10
FreakOfNature66
Wow thats so nice going from just getting one to getting one thats gravid. Good luck hope the best with her. Gorgeous!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!