Bad Guy Kai414 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
ClarkT
Kai414

Kyle Brown, aka Kai414, had 1.2 "VPI Axanthic" BPs for sale or trade. I offered in trade 0.2 mojaves, plus $250.00 cash. He accepted.

When I first saw the "axanthics", I was very skeptical. I have some blame here for even falling for it, but I was inexperienced in Axanthics at the time. Long story short, they're absolutely not axanthics. They hatched as silver/black/gray babies. But within a few sheds, they had all of the color of normals. While I agree that they are likely early visual hets of something, they are absolutely not VPI axanthics.

Kyle knew that this was the case. He knew that they weren't axanthics. He had traded into them, too.

Anyway, after MUCH exertion, I finally got my 0.2 mojaves back from him, in trade for 1.1 of the non-axanthics. He agreed that I'd hold on to the 0.1 non-axanthic until he paid me the $250.00 cash. This payment was supposed to happen within 2-3 months.

He still has not paid me the $250. It has been right around a year since the original trade between him and me occured.

I am posting this to point out to any potential customers of his, that they should be very careful in dealing with him. Not only was he shady in the first place with the non-axanthics, he has avoided multiple attempts of contact, and hasn't made good on his promises to make it right. Hopefully he'll eventually pay me back and make it right.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Lucille
Are these the snakes?http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=275808

Do you have emails, etc., especially to back up your claim that he knew they were not axanthics?

Here is the only other BOI I found for him:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=kyle+brown

You did mention that it has been a year since the trade, but that there was a three month window when he was supposed to repay the cash part of the trade. How long ago was that agreement made?

Old 09-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
SPJ
If they hatched axanthic looking and then changed after a few sheds to look normal, they are most likely blush albino hets.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:57 AM   #4
ClarkT
Here is the female from this bad trade. He still hasn't paid me, and he makes absolutely NO attempt to return any messages. This female is CLEARLY NOT an axanthic!
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #5
Amelanistic Orca
Definitely not... ^

Old 03-18-2014, 11:54 PM   #6
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkT View Post
Here is the female from this bad trade. He still hasn't paid me, and he makes absolutely NO attempt to return any messages. This female is CLEARLY NOT an axanthic!
Looks plenty big enought to breed. put some thought into it, breed her, raise up babies then breed them. thats the fun part, dont let this guy suck all the fun out of your hobby.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #7
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkT View Post
Just curious, Clark. Did he ever pay you the money he owes you?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!