Co-Dom Question of the Cinny Pewter GENE - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
BrooklynJoe
Arrow Co-Dom Question of the Cinny Pewter GENE

Hello good people
I have been wondering about the pairing and working of alleles
So my question is if Pastel x Pastel x cinny = Cinny than if my formula is correct than. you can turn out this crown jewel

Pewter X Pastel = Sterling

so does this apply

Super Pastel X Cinny = Sterling

I'm really wondering I'm looking to do something in 5 morph combo stage and yeah I'm stuck on this.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
BrooklynJoe
correction = Sterling

Old 08-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
Willow
A super pastel cannot make other super pastels unless bred to something else with the pastel gene in it...a Super pastel will make all pastels at the very least...so a super pastel bred to a cinny will make pastels and pewters....no normals...but no super forms either, hence no Sterling

Hope that helps =)

Old 08-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #4
Willow
A super pastel to a pewter would make sterlings tho...the second parent would need to have the pastle gene as well to get any super pastels or super pastel combos....but again with a super form, you will get no normals...the very least you will get is all pastels...which is nice

Old 08-20-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJoe View Post
Hello good people
I have been wondering about the pairing and working of alleles
So my question is if Pastel x Pastel x cinny = Cinny than if my formula is correct than. you can turn out this crown jewel

Pewter X Pastel = Sterling

so does this apply

Super Pastel X Cinny = Sterling

I'm really wondering I'm looking to do something in 5 morph combo stage and yeah I'm stuck on this.

Breeding Pewter X Pastel would give you a 1 and 8 chance of producing a Sterling.

Breeding a Super Pastel x Cinni statistically should produce 50% Pastels and 50% Pewters, no Sterlings.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
BrooklynJoe
Thanks everyone so some good info
Okay so it would be ideal to shoot for a pewter to pewter or pewter to pastel and pray to the odds god(s)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball python