Bad Guy Kick brothers...enough said. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
ColdBloodedObsessed
Kick brothers...enough said.

Man where can i start with these guys ! The kick brothers are shadiest people in the pet trade. They would say and do anything to sell their reptiles, no matter what it takes. I went to the reptile show april 17,and i bought a red adult tegu, she looked fine, until i noticed her VERY wrinkly skin. They claim she eats and is in good health so i tried to skip my gut feeling as she was the only adult red in the show and bought her, two "true pyxie" frogs, and a budgett's frog. I came to noticed as soon as i put the tegu in her enclosure when i got home, she ran to water tub and drank away. She was extremely dehydrated, she didnt eat for about 2 weeks. 3 days after the show I called their facility (i will note it was like impossible to find their information on the internet.) in lock port asking about the tegu, they said before they sold it to me, they only had it for 3 days and ate there as well. They did not tell me none of this when i was directly in front of Fred Kick's brother. They then began to lecture about how to take to care of them..i hanged up. i was outraged, how do you not know about the reptiles you sell ? Time was ticking for this girl, and i did everything for her. Thank god she's she started to eat again after meds and is getting fatter and strength everyday . So let me get started with the frogs, before i bought the pxyies i asked about 3 times if they were true pxyies. And one of their staff/workers responded very rudely,i tried to get over it and bought it. They ate fine when i got home but i came to found out through alot of research, they were dwarf pxyies. I was stunned, is everybody in that facility compulsive liars ?!?!? and on top of that the budgett's i got from them doesnt even eat ! Never ever will i do business with these guys, they disgust me. Watch out you guys, dont end up a sucker like me. Future buyers do research on the specific things you want to buy before going to the show. Keep your eyes peeled you for the good guys.

- Brandon Perez

Old 04-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
East_Coast
You should have looked more closely at the animals before you bought them.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
ColdBloodedObsessed
Yeah i know, i bought a argus monitor in the summer from them. She was gorgeous and healthy, so i thought they were trusted people. But i guess it was more luck than anything. Learned my lesson

Old 04-29-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
Lucille
Brandon, I have a bunch of questions, not questioning you but asking for clarification. The red tegu is doing well. It did not eat for a while. Does that happen sometimes when animals are in a new environment? Did you ask for any kind of refund or are you happy with your critter?

As far as the frogs, what is the difference between a true pyxie and a dwarf pyxie, and exactly what were these sold as? If they were misrepresented (we don't know that yet) did you ask your seller to make any adjustments?

Have you informed the seller of this thread?

Old 04-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #5
ColdBloodedObsessed
i got the same answer, that usually the tegu doesnt eat after a new a environment. But i find that half true because it happened to others, it never happened to me, i have 5 tegu's and the same day i got them, they all ate and drank the same day. Even if that was true, the wrinkles worried me more, tegu's are general chunky, and this girl was very saggy. Who knows how long she haven't ate for. I am satisfied only because shes get better, to think about it if it werent for me to buy her, who knows what would of happened to her ? i didnt asked for a refund, i wanted to nurse her back to health,its not fair for her to go back to the people that treat her bad. apparently with pxyies frogs, its about coloring about such i had a frog expert check them out. On the Plastic it said represented as pyxie frog. thats why i asked the worker to clarify whether it was a dwarf or true pyxie frog. i havent talked to them ever since that phone call about a tegu, 3 days later i found out about the frogs because they were fine the first day. I just wanted to inform others to that these peopleare generally not legit.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #6
Lucille
What does generally not legit mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBloodedObsessed View Post
i was outraged, how do you not know about the reptiles you sell ?
I was a little curious about you so I looked back on your very few posts. You have a critter for sale here on Fauna now:
{QUOTE=ColdBloodedObsessed]Hey,

I have a 3ft+ Dumeril's monitor,
His sex is unknown as well (i will say he) as his age but he's a very energetic monitor (probably young) [/quote]

So you do not know your critter's age or sex, and that is fine with you, correct?

Please tell us what you remember at the show when you asked about the frog. You said you got a rude response, but were you in fact told exactly what kind of frog it was?

Did you inform the seller of this thread?

Old 04-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #7
Lucille
Quote:
i was outraged, how do you not know about the reptiles you sell ?
I was a little curious about you so I looked back on your very few posts. You have a critter for sale here on Fauna now:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBloodedObsessed
Hey,

I have a 3ft+ Dumeril's monitor,
His sex is unknown as well (i will say he) as his age but he's a very energetic monitor (probably young)
So you do not know your critter's age or sex, and that is fine with you, correct?

Please tell us what you remember at the show when you asked about the frog. You said you got a rude response, but were you in fact told exactly what kind of frog it was?

Old 04-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #8
Lucille
Quote:
i got the same answer, that usually the tegu doesnt eat after a new a environment.
If you are hearing it a lot, could it be true?
Quote:
the wrinkles worried me more,
You saw the wrinkles prior to purchase, according to your first post.
Quote:
i didnt asked for a refund, i wanted to nurse her back to health,its not fair for her to go back to the people that treat her bad.
You said they told you they only had her for 3 days. I'm not sure that is enough to pin whatever you saw in this critter on them. Do you have pictures of when she just came home?

Old 04-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #9
ColdBloodedObsessed
That one animal is probably the only one i didnt know much on only because i got him as a gift. He was healthy and had him for quite awhile (flawless as well). The buyer is happy with him, that's what counts (he was sold locally). The difference is im honest in my ads and fully detailed the monitor in that ad. when reptile addicts got the red tegu, they didnt know nothing about it when they should of asked about her. Now thats not okay.

It was crowded, he was the only one free i got his attention a couple of times and he ignored me. Then that last time was when he spoke to me rudely. Yes, thats what im saying i even showed the worker the frog. I asked if it was a true pyxie frog, he said yes and i bought it.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #10
chadharper
The grammatical errors in his posts are astounding.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!