Sooo... Question about Children's python caging. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-03-2017, 09:01 PM   #1
Arctophile117
Sooo... Question about Children's python caging.

My lil' buddy Sam is currently 31" and actually fairly personable, compared to the more shy demeanor I've read they have. Currently have him in a 20g long, and I understand most species don't actually like large spaces. I was wondering if that is correct for A. childreni? Everything I've read describes a typical ball python enclosure, and my friend has one that I guess is what he calls active. That thing has nothing on Sam, though. He scoots around his cage all the time, day, night, whenever. I also have noticed he doesn't really ball up like I've heard they typically do, he more just lays in a pile under his log and rests his head so he can see what's going on. Think maybe I should upgrade the tank to one with a bigger footprint? Or should I keep him in his current one?

Old 01-30-2018, 06:40 PM   #2
hotlips
When in doubt, I prefer to upgrade the size cage. But keep lots of hiding places. I don't keep any Children's, but I do have a Spotted python...she's very happy in a 30 gal tall, & she likes to bask on branches but she also uses various hides (with heat, without heat and a humid-hide with moss or orchid bark). I think the Children's are more terrestrial? -yours would probably enjoy more space & options.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!