Help identifying a morph - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
abbie7498
Help identifying a morph

Ok, long intro but necessary i guess. I bought an adult het pied female earlier this summer. From the start, she wouldn't eat for me despite the gentleman I bought her from saying she was a great eater. In early August I figured out why, she was coiled around 7 eggs. 4 good ones and 3 slugs. Of course I emailed the guy asking him what he had bred her to. His response was "Sounds like you got lucky. Probably a Pied." Well this week the eggs started hatching. I thought there were 2 pieds and 2 hets, but as they came out I realized that 1 of the 2 pied I thought I was looking at in the egg wasn't a pied at all. It has a clean, unmarked belly and some really good colors (to me anyway) lots of blushing. below is a pic of it beside one of its normal clutch mates. So I email the guy again asking if there was a possibility that she could have been bred to a codom het pied? Still haven't got a straight answer. Can anyone help me out identifying what it is. I thought pastel, but the eyes are dark.
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
abbie7498
Another pic
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #3
morphedoutreptiles
wow looks like pastel or even maybe mojave its got jet black and almosgt like super pastel markings and color awsome tho hold on to it .male or female? throw that to a lesser or pewter could be a new morph good luck keep post very interested it in
thanks

Old 10-18-2011, 12:13 AM   #4
Omnomnami
WOW! He/she is gorgeous...

And it definitely isn't a Pastel...could you get some pictures of it stretched out?

Old 10-18-2011, 12:39 AM   #5
Jonas@Balls2TheWall
Great looking animals! Cant wait to see them after they shed.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:05 AM   #6
abbie7498
Thanks for the nice words! I think its pretty cool as well. Honestly though, it looks better in the flash of the camera than in real life. That's why I put the normal in for comparason. I havent sexed them as I'm not the most comfortable yet doing it, and dont want to practice on these guys. I have a buddy that's going to do it for me this weekend.Here is another couple of pictures with it stretched out some, as much as I could get it to cooperate anyway! Also one of the whole clutch, as there is another snake in there that deserves some face time. Nothing really special....other than it's mine!
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
dustinNMpythons
WoW way to hit the luck streak, I hit a similar lucky clutch by buying a gravid het clown female so I know how you feel right now! On cloud 9! lol

Old 10-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #8
abbie7498
Yep, and this was the 2nd time this happened you me this year. Although the first clutch wasn't nearly as rewarding (het OG's). I only wish the gentleman that sold her to me would tell me was she was bred to. I understand him being upset though. He's a good guy, and I'm not mad at him. I just hope he comes around and can help me out. Just as importantly for the % of the hets. Right now I have to assume that they are only possibles.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
deobra2869
that is a very pretty snake I love the pattern but looks to be a pastel, either way congrats and that is some awesome luck

Old 10-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #10
dustinNMpythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbie7498 View Post
Yep, and this was the 2nd time this happened you me this year. Although the first clutch wasn't nearly as rewarding (het OG's). I only wish the gentleman that sold her to me would tell me was she was bred to. I understand him being upset though. He's a good guy, and I'm not mad at him. I just hope he comes around and can help me out. Just as importantly for the % of the hets. Right now I have to assume that they are only possibles.
Why is he mad, if it's because he sold you snakes that were gravid and is mad that he didn't get the eggs then that's kind of lousy if you sell the snakes you should be willing to help your customer with any questions they have it's called good customer service

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!