Inquiry Ben Siegel auctions - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-07-2017, 12:02 PM   #81
Snake-Queen
Andrew Robinholt, if everyone is telling you are wrong and you over-reacted, shouldn't you reevaluate your stance?

1. You initiated the trade, so it is up to you to state clearly what the terms are.
2. You said you were going to ship with your friend. When it was realized you were unable, it was up to you to contact Ben.
3. You were offered a shipping label for your snakes.
4. You jumped the gun before speaking to Ben about your displeasure and posted here.

Old 10-07-2017, 12:20 PM   #82
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileCollector View Post
it was an honost 1star for your horrible service. Hopefully Amir is better at it then you are. Its not hard to understand we had an agreement for a trade. A label was to be sent a week+ earlier then when you sent it. How do you not see any fault or give any explanation on what happened? Was there an emergency? Did you have better things to do then finish that agreed trade we had going?. Your on facebook most of the day doing auctions and other things. You as a professional could have taken 2minutes of your day to let myself or matt know whats taking you so long for a damn label. But instead youd rather not say anything to either of us and randomly have Amir send one without a warning or update of one coming a WEEK+ later! Very professional let me tell ya. Do what you got to Ben, im done on this thread.
Here you go, it's all I got.
Attached Images

Old 10-07-2017, 12:27 PM   #83
BenSiegelReptiles
oh well! He actually messaged me at 10 this morning and said he was sorry and that can we just let this drop and let bygones be bygones and go our separate ways--- I said sure--no problem--write an apology on the boi and remove your one star rating and we can be done. He blocked me. lol.

Old 10-07-2017, 12:31 PM   #84
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileCollector View Post
I named a few different genes that i was interested in and thats as far as it went. Because of me, NO. Because of the lack of communication he wasnt giving. I patiently waited and heard NOTHING. Ive initiated conversation quite a few times to keep him interested and it always went dead. We have discussed this earlier about the shipping. I am new to it and wanted to learn it so a label with the dimensions 12x9x7 weight being 2lbs was sent to my buddys email. Do you think 38 hatchlings can fit in that size box? I mean its common sense they cant. Of course Ben knows i am new to shippig and did not inform me you can go against the fedex rules?? Neglect on my part somehow... With that being said he didnt inform my buddy or myself that a label was being sent this day or that day, it magically appears in email. Put all his faults on my plate why not. If you in any way think a professional business person operates that way then theres something wrong with you.
I know this may likely come as a shock to some people, but it is pretty much a given that people who are doing this as a bonafide business are going to be MUCH busier and shorter on available time than anyone doing this at a hobby level. The larger the business they are running, the busier they will be, EXPONENTIALLY. YOU are not the only deal they are juggling at the time, much less likely the most important one. YOU are not the only task on their plate. YOUR perspective of the deal and the situation is not the only one that can exist. Sad to say, and unfortunate for you, that the universe just does not revolve around you.

Heck, just the suggestion that you tasked Ben with to give you a complete list of what he has available for trade is actually laughable. I'm sure his stock is changing several times a day as sales take place, trades come in, and the stock changes all of the time. Seriously, you are clueless about what you were even asking of him.

People who just have their toes dipped into this business at a hobby level really have no comprehension of just how much time and work is involved for someone working with live animals at a large scale.

IMHO.

Old 10-07-2017, 12:36 PM   #85
BenSiegelReptiles
couldn't have said it better myself Rich. I gave up even trying to explain what me, amir and our employees do on a daily basis. People think we snap a pic, throw it up and wait for the money to roll in. HA! Each individual sale has MANY steps involved. Add to that moderating the auctions in real time, running a 7 day a week retail store, packing and shipping up to 50 orders on a busy day, and making sure everyone is paid and happy is no small task. Thanks for the comment. Nice to hear from someone who understands the struggle lol.

Old 10-07-2017, 12:39 PM   #86
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I know this may likely come as a shock to some people, but it is pretty much a given that people who are doing this as a bonafide business are going to be MUCH busier and shorter on available time than anyone doing this at a hobby level. The larger the business they are running, the busier they will be, EXPONENTIALLY. YOU are not the only deal they are juggling at the time, much less likely the most important one. YOU are not the only task on their plate. YOUR perspective of the deal and the situation is not the only one that can exist. Sad to say, and unfortunate for you, that the universe just does not revolve around you.

Heck, just the suggestion that you tasked Ben with to give you a complete list of what he has available for trade is actually laughable. I'm sure his stock is changing several times a day as sales take place, trades come in, and the stock changes all of the time. Seriously, you are clueless about what you were even asking of him.

People who just have their toes dipped into this business at a hobby level really have no comprehension of just how much time and work is involved for someone working with live animals at a large scale.

IMHO.

EXACTLY!!!

Old 10-07-2017, 07:12 PM   #87
blueboost68
Well spoken sir.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:22 PM   #88
Raul Gomez
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben siegel View Post
oh well! He actually messaged me at 10 this morning and said he was sorry and that can we just let this drop and let bygones be bygones and go our separate ways--- I said sure--no problem--write an apology on the boi and remove your one star rating and we can be done. He blocked me. lol.
admitting things in public is difficult for some. Hiding behind a keyboard is always way easier......

Old 10-07-2017, 11:01 PM   #89
tlmoon
Andrew is going to find it a lot harder to make any sales or trades in the future...lots of sellers add people to their "do not sell to" lists based on behavior seen in the BOI.

Ben, on the other hand, looks like a good guy to work with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!