Bad Guy Petland's neglect of a bearded dragon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
Chaseakamrmute
Petland's neglect of a bearded dragon

Hello. I'm Aaron Mutimer. I went to the pet store in the Pittsburgh Mills Mall to look at some animals. I came arose a bearded dragon and I noticed that it didn't look right. It looked liked like it was dehydrating or something, and I noticed that there are yellow rings around it's eyes. I may not be a herpetologist, but I can tell something is not right with this poor lizard. I am posting this because a friend from Facebook told me about this site and told me to post my concerns onto the Board of Inquiry. I love reptiles, and i don't want to see it suffer. Is there anything you can do?

I'm sorry. I guess when I took the pictures it flipped it 90 degrees. But anyways, they are at 151 Mall Cir, Tarentum, PA 15084

Old 11-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
GMTIRRILL
he does seem a little dehydrated but with out a good picture from above it is hard to tell exactly how bad as for the yellow around the eyes to me that looks more like color scales not drainage. tell them that the bedding is not good for a dragon. it should not be on repti-bark it can cause impaction. lighting could also be an issue. my best advise is stop being on the bench go to that store and buy him and help him/her yourself and give him the home he needs

Old 11-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
Chaseakamrmute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTIRRILL View Post
buy him and help him/her yourself and give him the home he needs
They say if the animal is being abused or neglected, don't buy it because you'll just support the business and make way for another animal to suffer.

Old 11-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
GMTIRRILL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaseakamrmute View Post
They say if the animal is being abused or neglected, don't buy it because you'll just support the business and make way for another animal to suffer.
I know a lot of people believe in that but ask yourself can that believe justify allowing a animal to suffer and since you called out this pet store for animal neglect on this forum where the pet store may or may not come to defend it self. then should it not be your responsibility to try to fix this?

Old 11-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
XxBLUExX
I could be wrong but is that bl

Old 11-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
XxBLUExX
*sorry
Blood I see on his back foot? And some on his perch?

Old 11-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #7
GMTIRRILL
unless dragons have purple blood which they don't it looks like fruit stains to me

Old 11-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
leaveittoweaver
Quote:
I know a lot of people believe in that but ask yourself can that believe justify allowing a animal to suffer and since you called out this pet store for animal neglect on this forum where the pet store may or may not come to defend it self. then should it not be your responsibility to try to fix this?
Seriously???

That is a horrible thing to do, guilt someone into buying an animal they may not want or aren't ready for. And yes that action DOES support the store. You are giving them money and business and they will just continue to bring in sick animals and not take care of them. How can YOU justify that!?

I do not judge anyone who impulse buys to save an animals. I absolutely do not agree with it but I understand why they do it. But the bottom line is, you may be helping that one animal but you are supporting the misery of the next animal that takes it's place.

The best course of action would be to go to the pet store's manager or write a letter to the company about why this is not acceptable and that you will no longer shop in their store until they fix this issue.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #9
jusmebabee
Quote:
he does seem a little dehydrated but with out a good picture from above it is hard to tell exactly how bad as for the yellow around the eyes to me that looks more like color scales not drainage. tell them that the bedding is not good for a dragon. it should not be on repti-bark it can cause impaction. lighting could also be an issue. my best advise is stop being on the bench go to that store and buy him and help him/her yourself and give him the home he needs
Bad advice to suggest someone buy a animal that looks or is sick.
All you do is tell the pet store it doesn't matter how they treat their animals someone will feel sorry and buy it.
The best thing you can do is alert the store and if they don't care post a Youtube vid and use Facebook.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #10
GMTIRRILL
1 I do not agree with allowing an animal to suffer
2 he brought this as BOI and i asked him why he wasnt willing to try to save the animal that's not guilt tripping to buy the dragon
3. without better picture of the animal none can truly say the animal is sick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!