Taking tegu outdoors - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2006, 04:30 PM   #1
Gilgamesh Owner
Taking tegu outdoors

I have a 1 year old b & w argentine tegu. I got him last fall from Agama, and he hibernated all winter. He has been awake for almost 2 months now.

I let him sit in his cage for a few weeks until he stopped puffing up everytime we walked by the cage. I can now handle him, and he even wants out of his cage all the time! The only thing is that he wants to roam freely and he is just too small still.

If I allow him to roam on the couch, etc. instead of making him sit in my hands, will he never allow me to handle him?

Also, today I finally got his leash on him and attempted to take him outside for some real sun. As soon as I got him outside, he started freaking! He tried running and wouldn't allow me to pick him up without trying to bite me. He has never tried biting me until now. Will he ever be calm outdoors or does it wake up an instinct to just escape?