James Bear - Big Thumbs Up! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:16 AM   #1
lepidusklauberi
Thumbs up James Bear - Big Thumbs Up!

I just wanted to share my great experience I had with James Bear. He has been very thorough, thoughtful, and most of all honest. Those character traits are very much welcomed! Thanks James, and we'll be talking very soon!

Old 09-22-2007, 03:13 AM   #2
Seamus Haley
Quote:
FULL NAMES are required on each posting you make on the BOI. Anyone failing to adhere to this simple rule has subjected their message to possibly being deleted. Anyone using a false name may be subjecting ALL of their messages to possibly being deleted as well has having their account removed from this site upon discovery.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ead.php?t=8880

Also... Which James Bear, of what company or located where? There's one individual by that name who has more than once lied about personal tradgedies and tried dissapearing after accepting money for animals he never sent and animals he never paid for. Also notable for his extremely dangerous and negligent housing of venomous species in at least one state where it was illegal to keep them (Colorado and rubbermaid bins with the stock lids stacked on the floor of a laundry room). If it's the same James Bear... there may still be people looking for him to make good on his outrageous debts.

'course you're using the user name Lepidus klauberi and his AOL handle used to be Lepidus followed by a string of numbers so... this may not be news to you.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:53 AM   #3
Dennis Hultman
FYI,
Quote:
John Blume
WWW.KLAUBERI.COM
Listed on his signature line but it's not showing due to membership status.
John, you may wish to contact WebSlave to change your name field or you will have to type your name with each post. on the BOI only. Or, up your membership so you can display your signature line.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:10 AM   #4
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
FYI,

Listed on his signature line but it's not showing due to membership status.
John, you may wish to contact WebSlave to change your name field or you will have to type your name with each post. on the BOI only. Or, up your membership so you can display your signature line.
I did catch the hidden signature area after the fact, probably quite a few infrequent users who have not made the changes required to display their name, since "stick it in your signature" used to be the standard easy method. I wonder a bit how that would cause older threads to read- how many of them are now full of posts that would require one to open the user's profile to check for it. Not really the issue though...

Couple links to older threads about James Bear.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=james+bear

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=serpents+lair

I have now seen him pull his act twice. James will obtain animals COD or on credit and simultaneously sell animals he doesn't have then dissapear, moving to a new state. He'll throw out a few messages indicating that he's experienced a great and unavoidable tradgedy (been fires that killed his entire collection both times I have seen the routine) and leave people who he owes unpaid or without their animals being sent. Unless he went around and repaid the dozens of people he's scammed and none of them have bothered to mention it, these debts are all still outstanding.

He ripped off a few registered fauna users, maybe a few of them will notice this thread and be able to shed some light on that. Let everyone know if they're still waiting to be compensated.

It also looks like James himself has a new login and is doing business under a new name. He was formerly Serpent's Lair reptiles and is now using this handle- http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=43771 Having seen that profile, I am convinced these are the same person. James Bear of Serpent's Lair was last known to have been moving to New Mexico because the pizza chain he worked for was relocating him and the emphasis on the interest in Lepidus is there.

I'd reccomend avoiding this guy like the plague, his husbandry practices are abominable, he's a liar and a thief.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:42 AM   #5
MRC31
I sold a pair of Bredl's pythons to James Bear of New Mexico. He drove here to Arizona to pick them up. He seemed like a pretty nice guy. He said he was starting or had started a Serpentarium in New Mexico and expressed interest in collecting some different native Arizona venomous species for his Serpentarium.
He said that he lost his previous collection in a fire.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #6
SwSerpentarium
Well, I'm here if anyone wants to contact me. I've always done my part to take care of people in this hobby. Have I ever lied about personal tragedies .. never, I did lose my collection to a house fire, June 24, 2004. If the reply from Seamus is the person that lived in Colorado at the time I lived there.. I recall some shady actions from yourself. No matter what happens in this business you can't satisfy everyone. And if I don't here from someone about a transaction I take it all went well, I did not leave colorado until May of 2004. My email never changed in colorado so any dealings I did were easily responded to. I've never hidden, used assumed names and I've always been relatively easy to find.

James Bear

To Dan Wilson of Ironton, OH, I remember you getting a trio of ammodytes.. and we kept postponing the shipment due to weather, somehow in it all we lost touch. Feel free to contact me.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwSerpentarium
Well, I'm here if anyone wants to contact me. I've always done my part to take care of people in this hobby. Have I ever lied about personal tragedies .. never, I did lose my collection to a house fire, June 24, 2004. If the reply from Seamus is the person that lived in Colorado at the time I lived there.. I recall some shady actions from yourself. No matter what happens in this business you can't satisfy everyone. And if I don't here from someone about a transaction I take it all went well, I did not leave colorado until May of 2004. My email never changed in colorado so any dealings I did were easily responded to. I've never hidden, used assumed names and I've always been relatively easy to find.

James Bear

To Dan Wilson of Ironton, OH, I remember you getting a trio of ammodytes.. and we kept postponing the shipment due to weather, somehow in it all we lost touch. Feel free to contact me.
An offer only seven years late.

You have ripped off many, many people James. If you're all about the honesty and integrity, how many unresolved deals do you have which left you with money or animals that clearly weren't yours? Have you ever made good on an outstanding debt?

You're a liar and you're a thief and people should be aware of the possibility for you to "lose touch" with anyone you happen to owe.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:55 AM   #8
SwSerpentarium
I've always taken care of people. You can't please everyone all the time, but I try. I'm not obscure in any way.. .I frequently post on kingsnake.com.

James Bear

Old 02-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #9
TexasBear
James Bear

My Brothers Final Bite

As with the first two bites, my brother understood the dangers involved dealing with his passion. On January 24th I received a text message from my wife asking me to call her ASAP. I was teaching in Albuquerque at the time and received a second text informing me that my brother had been bit by a snake. I called my brothers wife and she said my brother had died but was brought back through shocking his heart. I felt in my gut that this was not good. I called my wife and she was on her way to the hospital to be by my brother’s side. He was being flown by helicopter from Deming, New Mexico to El Paso, Texas. I immediately left my work driving the 4hr trip to try and get to my brother. My sister was in Phoenix when she was notified and she was on her way as well. When I reached the hospital and met up with my wife and sister, I saw my brother in ICU hooked on different machines.

My brother was swollen from the bite but not as bad as he was on the first bites and that was sort of a relief. My brother was on a ventilator to assist him with his breathing. He was initiating only 4 to 5 breaths on his own. While standing by my brother’s side, I held his hand and rubbed his forehead telling him to pull through this. I knew deep in my heart that as the doctor cautioned my brother on his last bite, he would probably not make it through this bite.

As the minutes and hours went by we began to have hope that he may battle through this, because he would move his thumb and his respiration would increase as we talked to him. Our hope was yet again shattered when the next morning the Doctor came in to assess my brothers condition in dong so she opened one of my brothers eye to check for a response and the only response was he began to posture. This is when the extremities of your body quickly withdraw inward in a curling motion. The Doctor informed us that she did not get any response from his eyes and that was not good. As the minutes and hours continued to pass us by my brother was still unresponsive to our voices and touch. Through the many tubes and IV’s my brother was in our eyes still with us.

A day came when the Doctors informed us that the state in which we now see our brother was the best he would get. The doctors gave him less than 1% chance of doing anything. My brother would never speak, open his eyes, laugh, talk, or move in anyway. The doctor said that due to him going into anaphylactic shock his brain was deprived of oxygen for a period of time. Technically the only part of my brother that was working on his own was the brain stem. My brother kidneys were failing, the liver was shutting down, and his breathing was not adequate on his own. The family was faced with a decision to leave my brother in his present state or to remove him from the life support.

The doctors said that he could be kept alive as long as he was on a ventilator. But what is life if he could not and would never see his own children, touch a guitar, hear the joys of the Holidays, taste a cold coke, smell the fresh air in the mountains. My brother had conveyed his wishes before he was silenced, that do not leave him as he was, let me go. The day came when we had to release the angel that was trapped. When all the artificial life support was removed, the rise and fall of his chest was no more. I held his hand and felt the strong pounding of his heart. As the heart rate decreased I squeezed his hand harder. Within minutes my brother had become my angel.

The Nurses and Doctors took care of my brother knowing that the end result was he would pass. Words can not express the extreme thoughtfulness and compassion from the nursing staff in the ICU. This was a feeling that touched our heart in more ways than we could ever express. The ICU staff made the situation easier, not to say that death can ever be easy, but from the comfort of the ICU staff we know they cared for my brother as well.

My brother was a very active person, his smile would light up a room and his humor could be felt for days. My brother had gone through many hard times in his short 37 years. We almost lost him twice when he was a child due to asthma. My brother lost everything he owned in a house fire. My brother lived life like he wanted. I admired his talents of painting, playing the guitar, his writing of songs and his way with words. I don’t think he ever knew how much my sister and I really looked up to him, our baby brother.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #10
MRC31
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I only met James once and then corresponded with him via email and text message off and on for about a year.
He seemed like a very nice guy with a real passion for his hobby. I am very sorry for your loss.

Micah

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!