Philodryas Baroni - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-24-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
Tula_Montage
Philodryas Baroni

Rear fanged, mildly venomous - non that toxic to humans. However there have been reports of death from other members of this Genus.

Heres sweetpea our female Baroni - an 06 already almost 3ft and slamming 4/6 rat pups at a time. They have small mouths so bigger food items are not an option at this point.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
Phil Bradley
P. baroni

Beautiful baroni!! I purchased a pair in '06 but I have been a little miserly in the feed department (only once a week). They are eating 1 sm mouse or two fuzzies right now. I keep them a bit on the cool side as well, around 78 during the day and 72 at night. They are doing great but would like for me to upgrade them into nice arboreal enclosures. These are great snakes that will become more popular in years to come. The only drawback would be their venom. All reports indicate that a baroni bite only produces localized swelling but caution should be used when dealing with them. Thanks for posting the pics!

Old 01-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #3
Tula_Montage
Hi Phil - sweetpea is at the stage where she now gets fed only once a week as she eats so much. She was bought as a non feeder believe it or not but it only took one syringe feed to get her going.

We keep her quite hot actually (90 warm 75 cold) - she seems to enjoy the extra heat. I know many people dont keep them above 85 but it seems they DO like the extra heat. She spends 50/50 time in her branches and in her hides and seems to regulate her body temperature properly ie only in the warm hides for a day after feeding. Tub size 64ltr really useful boxes. They are perfect!

These snakes have become more popular but they seem to be extremely expensive in the US??

Old 01-30-2007, 09:52 PM   #4
Phil Bradley
They are a bit expensive here in the states but I forsee them coming down a few $$ in the coming years as more folks breed them. I would love to see a blue phase baroni, those would be amazing! I will post some pictures of my pair when a get a little extra time.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #5
Tula_Montage
Some better pictures

Old 01-30-2007, 10:40 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
Aren't they beautiful snakes though. I have currently three pairs and are doing great!

Old 01-31-2007, 12:25 PM   #7
Rattlesnake
A really beautiful snake. We have a couple of them at the zoo where I work. They are always fascinating to watch. When I am misting and changing enclosures, I always spend at least 10 minutes watching them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!