INQUERY: MONSTER-CAGES.COM and MONSTERSNAKESFOREVER.COM - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:08 PM   #71
MonsterSnakesForever.com
LOL I will take this under advisement.

My board is a private board. I did this to try and help people not hurt them and if that comes with some repercusions I guess we will cross that bridge with integrity like we have everyother.

I am sure every breeder in this hobby is calling their lawyer right now

Your entitled to your opinion and we have it so if you dont have anything else to add to this thread neither do I...

Happy Holidays all...

Old 12-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #72
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
Self admission in a forum that cannot be edited or deleted. That's real smart.
Don't forget that he's also apparantly got no idea what the word "average" means, unless he's picking a specific dollar amount and only allowing ads that hit it exactly with no deviation up or down.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:10 PM   #73
bsharrah
Harry you can justify your efforts however you like but your lame attempts to maintain what you feel are “market prices” will only hurt those hundreds that invested thousands in the long run. And if your hundreds sell their animals at prices you feel are appropriate then what can “one nut job” harm? I am curious where the line separates those who lowball, those who just need to move their animals quickly, and those who just want to offer a good deal.

I love it how your post begins with “this should be common sense in this community”. Anyone with any education or experience in economics can see the damage you are doing to the hobby by artificially maintaining market prices. I realize this is off topic for this thread but it just boggles the mind how people can be so stupid that they can not see how destructive attempts like yours are being on those you are trying to protect. Market values of animals being produced exponetionally are going to decrease gradually – nothing you can do to prevent this . By manipulating them, you are only going to contribute to a market “crash”. I am sorry, I realize it is Christmas and all, but you have to be a complete idiot to not see this.

Bart

Old 12-25-2007, 09:48 PM   #74
MonsterSnakesForever.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah
Harry you can justify your efforts however you like but your lame attempts to maintain what you feel are “market prices” will only hurt those hundreds that invested thousands in the long run.
Yes I am sure the people who have lost thosands in this hobby see it just this way Had I not had previous knowledge of his hate for the market leaders on this idividual project I would have more then likely let it slide.

Quote:
And if your hundreds sell their animals at prices you feel are appropriate then what can “one nut job” harm?
If one person sees the price at X amount everyone assumes thats the price. It happens all the time. I know when Mojave Balls were posted for $800 it sure hurt a lot of good folks.

Quote:
I am sorry, I realize it is Christmas and all, but you have to be a complete idiot to not see this.

Bart
I am sorry you see me as an idiot Bart. This is the FIRST time anyone has ever been removed for this type of action and I have seen many folks put animals up at really cheap prices and I did not say a word but the fact that I know the surrounding issues with some of the leaders in this project this individual has had I saw this as an attempt to hurt them and would not leave the adds.

Hell maybe I am in error here and should have let him stick it to the other people he dont like in the project but then I would have been a bad guy there also so this is just a lose lose situation for me and to those who think I did this just to be a bad guy or some manipulator of the Market then I am truley sorry but I saw this as an act of revenge just like this thread and tried to handle it the best way I knew how.....

Again I did this with the best intentions and if you read the PM's Brian was not even mad about this and accepted the actions I took and replaced the adds the way he was asked to post them.

Had I felt it was some poor guy trying to feed his family or something of this nature I would have NEVER got involved but seeing WHO it was and WHAT his motives are 99% of the time I have to think I did what was right here.

Thanks for your opinion. I value it and I think this will just make me a better forum owner in the long run because we learn from our mistakes. I am never someone who would justify my own wrong doing and if you think I am wrong maybe I am?

I will let the people be the judge of my actions and leave this thread knowing I am a little wiser.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:15 PM   #75
bsharrah
Harry, again, I am sorry for continuing off topic discussion. I realize this thread is about a potential deal involving the OP and agree that their appears to be some underlying personal issue involved but my post had nothing to do with the OP or his issues. The history between you two or anything previously said in PM’s doesn’t change the fact that you can not benefit this hobby or its members by attempting to regulate market prices. The fact is people have the right to sell what is theirs for what they wish. People who know anything about investing money understand this. Those you go crying to forum mods because others are selling animals at prices far below theirs are no different than those who cry “that’s not fair” when their stock portfolio takes a dive. I would not consider those individuals “leaders” in any respect.

Bart

Old 12-25-2007, 10:24 PM   #76
crotalusadamanteus
Maybe this will help him out...

Average...In mathematics, an average, or central tendency of a data set refers to a measure of the "middle" or "expected" value of the data set.

Translated...It is the mean of the high end, and low end.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:39 PM   #77
MonsterSnakesForever.com
Quote:
Those you go crying to forum mods because others are selling animals at prices far below theirs are no different than those who cry “that’s not fair” when their stock portfolio takes a dive. I would not consider those individuals “leaders” in any respect.

Bart
Bart it is cool I understand your position and I can respect it.

I would like to make it clear though that no one came crying to me about the Ad's what so ever. Not one person said a word about it and I acted alone in my decision. I take sole blame for removing the ads and I stand by my decision just as I am sure you will stand by your opinion.

After what 16 pages? I think this horse is dead and honestly in some way I think Brian got what he wanted here and I refuse to give him his way any longer.

I need to put this little learning lesson behind me and I guess the number one lesson I learned is go with your first decision. I should have never let Brian back on my forums to begin with and the mistake has cost me the pain in the ass that is this thread.

I have never been placed on this board for being dishonest and never will be mark my words...I did what I thought was right and I came here to defend my reputation. I have been completely honest here and for the most part been very respectful to everyone no matter what their opinion of me is. I hope the good folks of the BOI take this into consideration when reading this thread and I hope to see some of you on better circumstances.

Harry.....MonsterSnakesForever.com!!!

Old 12-25-2007, 10:51 PM   #78
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSnakesForever.com
This is the FIRST time anyone has ever been removed for this type of action and I have seen many folks put animals up at really cheap prices and I did not say a word
Now you have peaked my curiosity Mr Wessels.
Did you take this action before or after he refused to ship the snakes to you before being paid?

And if this low ball price frightened you so much why did you not just snatch up his offer, send him his money, then relist the snakes at the profit margin you felt was appropriate for the morph?

Old 12-25-2007, 10:52 PM   #79
Tom C
Quote:
This should be common sense in this community, but apparently not to some people.

MonsterSnakes.com and its members will not tolerate individuals / companys that have no respect for the industry and income that many individuals and business's rely on for a second income.

I dont rely on this business for any income, but there are alot of good people that have invested 10's of thousands of dollars and many years of dedication in hopes of getting a return and relying on that as a second income.

MonsterSnakes.com does respect those hobbyist and companys that are in this for the long term and will not host free classifieds for individuals or companys that have no respect for this community.If you purposefully post ad's that directly undercut average current market value of reptile projects your ad will be removed and you will be warned, this will be the only warning !!

Wholesaling entire clutches has been part of this industry and is understandable.Some people enjoy producing there own future stock, but dont want to deal w/ hundreds of customers and shipping to individuals, that is completely understandable, thats where i would stand..lol.

If you want to wholesale, put up an ad that **You are looking for larger companys/ indivuals that would be interested in purchasing your entire clutches**, there is nothing wrong w/ this, but you will not put up individual / multiple reptiles on wholesale prices...This is undercutting the market and will not be tolerated.

This industry exists on a perfect balance of hobbyist's and bussiness's that invest a good amount of cash to bring us these new and exciting morphs, undercutting the market will ultimately destroy what us good people enjoy in this community, cool new morphs..

All in all, be respectful that some people do rely on this business/hobby to help put clothes and food in their homes.

Thanks for understanding and please just use common sense...

Tom C and Monster staff
I want this understood... I wrote this statement and I stand behind this 100%

If anyone wants to file a lawsuit, file it at me personally..

Old 12-25-2007, 11:00 PM   #80
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C
I want this understood... I wrote this statement and I stand behind this 100%

If anyone wants to file a lawsuit, file it at me personally..

I think we are jumping the gun on the lawsuit talk. It doesn't matter if you wrote the statement or not. The owner of the site allowed it to stay posted. I don't have a dog in this fight. So I could care less. I saw all I needed to see in the beinning of this thread.

Tom and Harry I respect the fact that you are trying to protect your name but nothing is being accoplished with this thread. It just gets worse with each post. I think that most who read this thread can see something is not quite right from the get go. I would just suggest taking your own advice and allow this one to die on its own. Take care guys

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!