Jerry Conway - Unethical Practices - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:40 AM   #91
Lloyd Heilbrunn
My recent UPS Next Day quotes for 12x9x6 have been $64 for residential delivery from the UPS store across the street......!!

Old 01-15-2008, 01:42 AM   #92
JuliusSqueezer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Heilbrunn
My recent UPS Next Day quotes for 12x9x6 have been $64 for residential delivery from the UPS store across the street......!!
ahhh but YOU aren't a New York negotiator From what I gather, he probably has the VP of operations over at fedex hand delivering his packages for the cost of a postage stamp.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:24 AM   #93
hartsock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Heilbrunn
Funny, when it comes to unethical practices no one seems to point out that only FedEx out of the great three (UPS, FedEX, and DHL) allow for shipment of snakes. So I guess it is only fitting that a thread about someone's unethical business dealings also looks to the same when shipping comes. Really at this point, it doesn't matter if Dan has them or not and how they are doing. I believe the topic is about how Jerry screwed BW over. Dan just seems to be throw chaff out the exhaust to try to divert attention away from Jerry. So a relevant question for Dan to answer is how much of a cut is Jerry getting out of the selling of the snakes? Or maybe how much of a profit has Jerry already received upfront for the snakes?

Old 01-19-2008, 01:04 AM   #94
Helenthereef
Jerry Conway Bad Guy

I'm new to the site and to the thread, and don't know anyone involved, but it seems to me that people post first and maybe think later - the vitriol (I hesitate to say venom on a herp site) seems out of proportion to the subject, and I couldn't blame anyone for reacting defensively to some of these attacks.
Whatever the rights or wrongs of the case, it seems to me that years of having a good reputation are not taken into account when one thing goes wrong.
And just for the record, as someone who cannot be a potential customer (as I am a LONG way out of the US) when I first started asking questions about a sick Candoia neonate, Jerry answered my email queries promptly and helpfully, and was a great reassurance.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:17 AM   #95
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef
I'm new to the site and to the thread, and don't know anyone involved, but it seems to me that people post first and maybe think later - the vitriol (I hesitate to say venom on a herp site) seems out of proportion to the subject, and I couldn't blame anyone for reacting defensively to some of these attacks.
Whatever the rights or wrongs of the case, it seems to me that years of having a good reputation are not taken into account when one thing goes wrong.
And just for the record, as someone who cannot be a potential customer (as I am a LONG way out of the US) when I first started asking questions about a sick Candoia neonate, Jerry answered my email queries promptly and helpfully, and was a great reassurance.
It seems to me that having had conversations with jerry prior to commenting on this thread would make your very first statement here a lie.

Interesting.

I don't think a single person here has questioned his knowledge of candoia. Let's just let it go that he knows them well and shares the knowledge.

The thing is, and this is the part the I just don't understand, the guy lied and misrepresented himself in order to basically scam over TWO THOUSAND dollars worth of snakes from another reliable goodguy breeder, and you seem willing to simply let this pass because he answered your questions.

There are an awful lot of intelligent people who know a lot about candoia who are not lying scamming bottom of the barrel people. Apparently jerry has decided not to be one of them.

There has been a bunch of this crap the last few months. People who insisted mr. clark was ok because he knew lots about frogs, this cortiz guy who lied and then put the screws to someone else in bad standing because he thought no one would defend the other guy, now jerry again.

Are people like you so desperate for information that they not only go to guys like jerry and mr. clark and cortiz, but they must then brag about how well informed they were?

Big deal.

These guys have been less than honest. They have been less than ethical. They have done the exact opposite of what they have advised others to do.

Does this count for nothing?

I just don't get it.

If you want some really good info on candoia look up Seamus Haley. He's honest, crusty so you'll like his flavor, honest, intelligent, highly experienced, honest, and will tell you all you need to know and more no matter what problem you may be having with your candoia.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:27 AM   #96
Helenthereef
I don't know Jerry at all - I sent a question to his Candoia page and he responded. I'm not commenting on the issue of the snake sale, more on the manner of the posts, which seemed excessively violent. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think even the main complainant felt as strongly about it as some of those who responded.
My point about his advice was that he gave it freely and it worked, and there was no profit motive there - so he's obviously not spending ALL his time sitting in a cellar working out how to defraud the world.
Thanks for the reference to Seamus Haley, you obviously think he's honest, and I'm always grateful for contacts.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:36 AM   #97
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef
I don't know Jerry at all - I sent a question to his Candoia page and he responded. I'm not commenting on the issue of the snake sale, more on the manner of the posts, which seemed excessively violent. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think even the main complainant felt as strongly about it as some of those who responded.
My point about his advice was that he gave it freely and it worked, and there was no profit motive there - so he's obviously not spending ALL his time sitting in a cellar working out how to defraud the world.
Thanks for the reference to Seamus Haley, you obviously think he's honest, and I'm always grateful for contacts.
In your case, given the distance you actually are from the USA, I suppose you not being up to date on all that's gone on in the last few months must be taken into consideration.

I'm just tired of doubledealing scumbags passing themselves off as nice guys, or maybe it's nice guys moonlighting as double dealing scumbags, either way, it's tiresome.

Seamus is a member here whose knowledge of candoia is second to none.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:53 AM   #98
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry conway
we were nice to each other on the phone last nite....and i really didnt think he would post...i thought we had it "resolved" and that we were both ok with it....
And BW thought you guys had a deal, and an honest agreement, about the future of the animals. Once you had the animals, you decided to CHANGE that agreement, by cheating him out of his money, and offering a lousy $50. Is it only you that's allowed a second thought on the subject?

You just plain ripped him off, and you know it. You lied all the way through it and don't even have the testicular fortitude to face up to it.

BW didn't make you look bad at all. You did that to yourself by being deceptive, and underhanded.

You're way too nice BW.

Rick

Old 01-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #99
carl3
Thumbs down my experience

I haven't read the entire thread (as I have a tired toddler to contend with at the moment) but I agree with one of the early replies regarding how disappointing it is that one of the few people working with Candoia is (and in my opinion) has been an unethical person. On a few occassions in years past, I have contacted him (through ks.com ads) about his candoia. Each instance, he privately quoted me higher prices than what he advertised. I have always been extremely frustrated and discouraged by this b/c....well it seemed as though he had a monopoly on this amazing species. Given the difficult nature of Candoia husbandry, it's a true shame. My only regret...I dismissed it at the time and never saved any emails. I have, however, had conversations (years back) with a few others that have experienced similar negative experiences...so in my opinion, his poor ethics = nothing new.

There is a Candoia Yahoo group that I used to belong to. (it had a goal of trying to unite candoia keepers/breeders to share tips on breeding/feeding/care info). I'd be VERY interested in what some of those folks have to say.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:56 PM   #100
GinoInDaBronx
Birds of a Feather...

helen, just out of curiousity-what was it that brought you to this site? A defender of a lying thief like jerry conway just happening to stumble upon the BOI at this time, just seems a little too apropos to me...

And jerry, how much will you be reembursing BW for your thieving ways? That is what an honest man would do (do you know any of those?)...

Your's,

Gino Beniquez

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!