Jerry Conway - Unethical Practices - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #41
blueapplepaste
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry conway
i....what i sell them for or do with them is nobodys business but mine....think about it....do people ask you what you do with your animals after you complete a deal?....do they follow up to see what price you sell them for?....do they care if you trade or sell them?
No, but you lied to obtain those snakes. That is a problem. If you had bought or obtained them honestly and then turned around and sold them at a profit, then good for you. But you lied about your intentions with the animals. You ripped B.W. off. End of story.

[/quote].....no....but he has put me in a position to defend myself for no reason[/quote]

No, you lied. Your "defense" right now is just making you look worst.

Quote:
....i think its very low of him to do this....
You don't think that lying about your intentions with the snakes and ripping of this guy is low? You would do well to remove the plank from your eye. It's people like you who ruin this hobby for the rest of us.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:31 PM   #42
The BoidSmith
Quote:
.... nowhere in my kingsnake ad does it say that i bred those 31 babies....i never claimed they were my own...nor the adults....
Did you say they were not? That you were just reselling them? What would you think your clients would think? Jerry Conway, the candoia expert, has recently hatched babies for sale. It seems to me you tried to use your "name in this business" to turn $5 babies in $50-75. You just touch baby candoias and they turn into gold rods, King Midas resulted a complete apprentice after all.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:45 PM   #43
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
I AM DONE.....THINK WHAT YOU MAY....NONE OF YOU KNOW ME....NONE OF YOU HAVE ANY GOOD REASON TO BASH ME THIS WAY ....OTHER THAN TO ADD FUEL TO THE GREAT SOULS FIRE WHO STARTED ALL THIS CRAP....WHAT DID YOU EXPECT ME TO DO BW?....SIT HERE AND TAKE ALL THIS??....YOU REALLY EXPECT ME TO BE A NICE GUY AND GET TRASHED BY TOTAL STRANGERS BECAUSE YOU COULDNT KEEP IT PRIVATE?....YOU HAVE NO CLUE....NO TACT....AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A GREAT BUSINESSMAN....ALL OF YOU CAN GO TO HELL

Well you lost another customer here just because of the way you have represented yourself on this thread. A clear lack of ethics and honest business practices will keep me from ever dealing with you in the future.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #44
jsrocket
Jerry, if you have health problems, and needed to to change the plan, no biggie. The way you have handled the matter seems tacky.

Brian seems like the type of guy who would be more than willing to help you out.

You, on the other hand come off as a complete tool.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #45
OutLanderInverts
everyone here has responded with a good, practical opinion. And their not here to bash you out of boredom, so stop repeating yourself . You could have logically explained your "side" of the story, as oppose to getting so upset. Like someone mentioned if you did not do something wrong then why try to hide it? Oh well...everyone put in all the points of matter, and pretty much everything was explained to you in one way or another. In the end as a Candoia breeder myself i see you as no world renowned Candoia expert. The researchers whom work with molecular level phylogenetics, and all the field research are the only ones who can be deemed experts. Your nothing more than a experienced herptoculturist. As someone who is always looking for more Candoia, you can count on no purchases from me.

you can only blame yourself for making this thread so much worse.

Zach Valois
OutLanderInverts@yahoo.com

Old 01-13-2008, 07:01 PM   #46
The BoidSmith
Quote:
hey dan, mind yer own business.... nowhere in my kingsnake ad does it say that i bred those 31 babies....i never claimed they were my own...nor the adults....go away...watch a football game or something....oh wait....i forgot, you are one of the many here that have no life and feel the need to bash me....amazing

OK, OK, I get the message Done! Now, I'm back, and all refreshed

But now I'm really curious and would like to read your KS ad. Is that possible BW? It would be nice to confirm how candidly you informed potential, previous clients and the general public how Jerry Conway, the well known candoia breeder, is buing and selling animals NOT produced by him. There is this suspicion I have that you used "your name" to turn that $5 baby in a $150 shipped "jewel". Yes, I know, you will tell us everyone does it, right? Do you think people will buy them from you in the future if they know you are just acting as a "jockey"? Why not send their money to the real breeder instead?

Jerry, this is not at all about you but against the way you acted in this instance. Try to take off your blinders, step back and reflect. Don't take it personally (if you can), think about how your actions reflect on you. You earned a name working with these boas, are you willing to throw it away just because of greed?

How much for a sexed pair of candoia babies shipped overnight anyways?

Best regards

Old 01-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #47
jsrocket
uh, yeah. I don't know what to make of that post, nor do I care to try.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #48
lanceheads
I think Jerry said he was done and we're all supposed to be in Hell, or somewhere.
Randal

Old 01-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #49
BWSmith
As requested, attached is the first ad that I saw on December 23 (not sure if it is the first one). It is not translating from a screenshot to a stand alone image very well, so I dropped it into a Word doc. The offspring were born on December 1. I emailed Jerry a question about distinguishing supspecies that day and mentioned the litter being born. So it is unclear if the drastic discrepancy is simply an oversight or intentional.
Attached Files
File Type: doc conway ad1.doc (142.0 KB, 143 views)

Old 01-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #50
John E Dove
And just in case there is any question on the date of bith Mr. Smith publicly announced their birth on the RTB site on Dec 1 ( http://redtailboa.net/forums/other-b...ia-poppin.html ) which would make those 10 day old snakes in the add 23 days old for sure.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!