Exotic Reptiles Jungle & Danielle Fileds Geckos ? New Partnership?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
Arthur Cohen
Exotic Reptiles Jungle & Danielle Fileds Geckos ? New Partnership??

I recently made a call to a number listed in one of Danielle Fields Geckos ads on Kingsnake.com. 772-985-3703. Of course as all of the other threads I have read about them, Mike answered the phone. I had asked about some of the newest imports they had and where his "facility" was and if I could come and see some of the animals and also purchase some supplies. He stumbled about the exact directions then passed the phone off to what he called his "partner". The voice sounded very familiar to me. It was Andy from Exotic Reptiles Jungle. I couldn't miss his thick English accent. I had only spoken with Andy a week prior about his ads so the voice was still fresh on my mind. Andy proceeded to give me detailed directions to the facility. All of this sounded very fishy to me. As I stated before, I did my research on Mike(Rain Forest Reptiles), now Danielle Fields Geckos and obviously was not going to rush into anything, only to possibly sneak a peak at their inventory. It only surprised me that some of the ads from Exotic Reptiles Jungle and Danielle Fields Geckos looked a little familiar also. Aside from Exotic Reptiles Jungle's venomous ads. And for a while, the ads listed by Exotic Reptiles Jungle also had Mike's name next to Andy's. If anyone has any further evidence of this, let me know. I don't want to think Exotic Reptiles Jungle, Mr. Ray Hunter and Ricky Duffiled? is in any way associated with Mike @ Rain Forest or Danielle Fields, or whatever they are going by now. It all just seems to fit to easily to me.

Only a concerned herper,
Arthur Cohen

Old 01-27-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
Arthur Cohen
Typo in Title ?

Sorry everyone. The title should have read , " Exotic Reptiles Jungle & Danielle Fields Geckos" . And take a look at their ads on kingsnake.com. way too many similarities there huh? selling the same imported animals. and look at Exotic Reptiles Jungle animal guarantee policy. No Live Arrival Guarantee?? Wow !! All animals are in "Apparent" good health? double Wow !! JMO

Old 01-27-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
Suncoast Herpetological
I was looking at their ad for Papuan Ground Boas the other day and immediately lost interst after reading the "No Live Arrival Guaranty" portion of the ad. If you can't gurarantee live arrival then you have no business shipping.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:59 AM   #4
spawn
I am currently waiting on a $140 refund promised to me by Mr. Andy James for a botched frog order (told me he would hold the frogs until I felt ready for shipping, then the day [after] came and he told me he sold all the frogs) via paypal. "Refund is pending" currently.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
Arthur Cohen
Well good luck with that Frank. I hope he refunds your money. I knew Rocky for a while before he and Andy parted ways, back when it was Androks Rodents and Reptiles. I can only hope that another affiliate of Rocky's and Andy's , Sal ( Boca Morphs,Boca Reptiles, etc...) hasn't gotten involved with the new venture that Andy has taken. One can only hope. But then again I wouldn't put it past them. If Mike from Rain Forest is in on it, then someone like Sal shouldn't be far behind. I might just have to make plans to take a trip to their facility and see who's running about.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:14 PM   #6
spawn
Ok, so currently, the "refund is pending" is still going on in paypal. I don't have the money yet. This is really frustrating to me, because I filed a complaint on the paypal details, and it sent the emails to me and to him about the dispute (automatically generated), and it said he "filed a partial or full refund" and the case is now closed. But then it also says when I open the details of the case that it's unable to establish the status of my case. It says a refund has been issued but my balance is still $0.00. The last thing my history is the -$140.00 payment TO Andy James at exoticsrus.net

If that was confusing for you to read, think about how flustered I am right now. 4 days since I filed the complaint and he supposedly "paid" me the refund, even though nothing has cleared from his account yet. He continues to dodge my question (twice now) about whether there is actually money in his account that will clear or not.

Should I make a new thread on the BOI or post emails and evidence here? Any help (I called paypal today and it's a bunch of automated recorded jargon about minute things related to account help, no live representatives on the line) would be appreciated from people who know how to handle this problem on paypal.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:27 PM   #7
ravensgait
Frank, if your paypal account is through you credit card go to them with the problem.. Paypal doesn't want to hear about problems and doesn't cover live animal deals at all. Randy

Old 01-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #8
KNOBTAIL
I think that may be a problem

Once you relinquish your rights to a 3rd party such as Paypal, I seriously doubt with the exception of fraud that the Visa or Mastercard will even entertain getting invovled. I dont believe you can "chargeback" paypal. But anything is possible.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:49 PM   #9
spawn
Refund has arrived finally tonight. It seems that filing a dispute with paypal (although they actually relay the problem and say it's a dispute between myself and the seller) delayed the actual refund with me. If I hadn't filed the complaint, it would have arrived here the day he sent it. I don't understand this process at all on paypal's behalf, if in FACT he agreed to pay the refund that I complained about not having. But anyways, I have it now, and am happy.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #10
MikeCurtin
Why yes.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Cohen
I can only hope that another affiliate of Rocky's and Andy's , Sal ( Boca Morphs,Boca Reptiles, etc...) hasn't gotten involved with the new venture that Andy has taken. One can only hope. But then again I wouldn't put it past them. If Mike from Rain Forest is in on it, then someone like Sal shouldn't be far behind. I might just have to make plans to take a trip to their facility and see who's running about.
One can certainly be judged by the company one keeps.....can't one? Just a random observation of course

Mike Curtin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!