Bob Clark (Industry and community irresponsibility?) INQUIRY - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:07 PM   #21
ViperPaintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Heilbrunn
I don't condone public stupidity, but I don't see any transactions with Bob Clark mentioned. Does this belong here?
If you buy, sell, or keep reptiles his antics help support the case that these animals are dangerous, and should be regulated/banned.

If that isn't screwing you, and all of us, I don't know what is...and you didn't even choose to do any business with him?

Pull your head out of the sand there Mr Ostrich...local, state, and federal goverments, as well as many, many citizen groups, ALL want to take away your right to keep reptiles.

I'm sorry if this doesn't interest you...but it does the REST of us that want to keep reptiles legally.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:09 PM   #22
ViperPaintball
Leave moderating to the moderators...I'm sure some of them must have seen it by now. Besides, others thinking of doing business with him might want to know what sort of irresponsibility they are contributing to, which makes this a suitable topic here IMHO.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:19 PM   #23
nora
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardduckworth
no, a venomoid that has been properly operated on is 100% venom-free for life. that rumor started when hacks were "voiding" their snakes improperly and they never were venomoid to start with. the duct COULD reattach if that is all they do (sever it) but that's about as common as a woman who has her tubes "tied" becoming pregnant. possible but very rare. anyway, when properly done, they remove the whole gland so no, impossible in that case. its' an encapsulated organ. it would be the same as a heart being removed then growing back. very minor regeneration is one thing but total regeneration is a whole 'nother story.
Not always true. There have been a few documented cases where voided snakes (in which the surgery was "professionally" done) have regenerated their venom glands at some point in their life.

I cant remember where I saw the information but as soon as I find it I'll throw it up here.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:33 PM   #24
BryonsBoas
" g** d*** "

That will not fly here. If you feel the need to hide most of the letters it will be construed as crossing the profanity line. If you feel the need to post a profanity then use the " ".

Old 02-11-2008, 11:33 PM   #25
DISCERN
I will applaud Bob Clark for everything positive he has done for this industry, but I will say that I was not impressed with him years ago at a local show when he was selling Nile Crocs on his table and offered one to my wife. To me, no one or hardly anyone who comes to a show, will be able to provide that animal the enviroment and living quarters and care it would need. In other words, these types of animals probably don't need to be offered for sale, in care and regard for their well being. Another croc would most likely be let go in some local lake, die, etc.. Really responsible there Bob. Way to think of the animal rather than a sale.

My point is...selling animals such as Nile crocs to anyone at a show only makes it worse for the herp community, in regards to the public and the laws that can rise from this.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:37 PM   #26
Junkyard
Bob handled that snake like it was the first time a child has caught a wild colubrid. Kerry thanks for posting links to the videos. Bummer to see a herpetologist try to end up with a Darwin Award.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:39 PM   #27
ViperPaintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryonsBoas
" g** d*** "

That will not fly here. If you feel the need to hide most of the letters it will be construed as crossing the profanity line.
Apologies

Old 02-11-2008, 11:40 PM   #28
The BoidSmith
Just when we are trying our best to self-policy and get rid of some of the scammers, and irresponsable people in our hobby; when we are trying to stop laws that pretend to ban the possesion of reptiles; we had to have one of the "big boys" do this. Just to paraphrase a line of the movie "Dumb and Dumber" (no pun intended)..."Talking about being in the wrong place at the wrong time"...

It doesnt' matter if the snake was a venomoid or not. What matters is that almost no one knew about it. If there's a way to send feeback to the Letterman show I feel that as a community we should take action and with "civility" let them know we don't condone these actions on two counts at least. First off because they were teasing an animal out of its environment, the animal was obviously stressed while the "clownesque" activities were performed. Second there are hundreds that probably think is know cool to own a cobra and a hook to impress their friends.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #29
varnyard
I agree, this has nothing to do with a business transaction, this thread needs to be moved to the Sound off forums. JMHO.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:43 PM   #30
The BoidSmith
Sorry:

Quote:
Second there are hundreds that probably think is now cool to own a cobra and a hook to impress their friends.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!