help!?!? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 02:24 AM   #1
meep12
help!?!?

i have just got a leopard gecko and he is deformed. he is anout 5 but he can not eat crickes or anything but baby food the ownder told me. what is the best thing i can give him he is skinny and i want to beef him up and hep him as much as i can. i already have a blind leopard he is fine and a big gecko i have many reptiles but with this guy i would really like helpful tips plz email me or comment here email: lacrossecrazy30@yahoo.com

Old 12-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
Reptiledysfunction
What exactly is wrong with him? It would be much better to diagnose the problem with him first before working on forcing some food down his mouth

Old 12-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
meep12
i have been saving up for a vet check but what i no is the old owner has been feeding him for 5 years but got him when he was1 and i think infection took over his head eyes everything i meam the old owner took care of him but he just skinny i want to beef him up hoping to help him but there is tomuch wrong with him i think he and the otherone i got have mouth rot so this is why i no the vet is a need but if you or anyone have any ideas his eye is crusted over one eye never opens his jaw is deformed

Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
Reptiledysfunction
Hmm definitely sounds like you're doing the right thing by getting him to the vet. In the meantime, if the eye problem is an infection, you could try using some Terramycin on it. Right now though until you get him looked at, I would try feeding him some easy to digest foods like wax worms, and keeping up with some of the baby food. I've also heard of people smashing up crickets/mealworms into a paste by using either a food processor or a mortar and pestle (preferably one you don't use for your self!), putting the mixture in a syringe, and then giving that to the gecko. Make sure the shells of the worms are broken down for the most part, as these can be tough to digest for sick/young geckos. These are just some ideas of what you can try until you have a vet check him out!

Old 12-05-2012, 12:59 AM   #5
GreenTreePython13
You can also buy Essential Nutrients from Nature Zone. Its a power than is sprinkled on top of food like calcium dusting. I used it on my gecko who was a trouble eater and slow grower and the difference it made was ten fold.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #6
geckomania
Cheapest and best way to go for infections is neosporin ( I hope I spelled it right). It's a universal antibiotic good for all reptiles and safe to consume. I had a leopard that had an eye infection and dead skin unable to remove and it cleared up. Unfortunately he was also sick so I had to put him down.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #7
meep12
I don't know if the problem is a infection cuz he has been like this for 5 years but something is wrong and I think the vet is best but thank you all so much really thank you guys

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!