Leopard gecko shipping requirements? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
scouragestar99
Leopard gecko shipping requirements?

I am soon going to order from ReptilesbyMack, and I was wanting to question some things.

First, what tempature do they call a delay on?

Will I receive the animal the next day, or does it ship the next day?

Do I need to ask for heating packs?

And a bonus question, should I consider an Enigma? I've heard it's cruel but I don't know the reason.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #2
hhmoore
Most of those questions should be asked of the seller.

As far as the enigma question - I don't keep leopard geckos, but I believe that morph displays neurological issues (and I think I've seen that some have feeding problems... Not sure if that is related to the neuro stuff). I'm sure a Leo person could give more details.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
123.tj
There seems to be a neorological disordered associated with the enigma gene. In some cases the disorder barely presents itself. In others, it becomes so severe that the animal cannot eat and/or at times goes into hysterical fits of thrashing about. Breeders are working on getting the pros of enigmas without the cons, but many leopard geckos have suffered from the enigma syndrom in the process.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
snowgyre
Enigmas have a wobble that is outwardly comparable to the wobble observed in spider ball pythons. In some individuals the wobble is hardly noticeable, in others it is so bad the animal can't eat on its own. The enigma disorder is exacerbated by stress and bright light.

Honestly, purchasing an enigma is up to you. I personally got out of them because it was impossible to tell when an animal was going to exhibit severe problems, and finding proper homes for enigmas that needed extra care was difficult. I ended up giving several enigmas away for free.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!