East African Gaboon Viper - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-01-2016, 06:55 PM   #71
JohnPaul82
She loves this man and they have a relationship based on mutual respect. He knows her personality and how to approach her and handle her. She's learning how to be comfortable in his presence and this is an amazing bond. Following.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:06 PM   #72
JohnPaul82
I once too believed snakes had no emotions... Then one day a boa constrictor (which I thought were the dumbest most primitive snakes) taught me different.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:21 PM   #73
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul82 View Post
She loves this man and they have a relationship based on mutual respect. He knows her personality and how to approach her and handle her. She's learning how to be comfortable in his presence and this is an amazing bond. Following.
The post you replied to is an old post of his. Here is a newer one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54bogger View Post
This happened on june 28 of this year, I was in the hospital until july 27th. For just over 2 weeks I was in a coma and the doctors told my family they weren't sure if I'd live. In fact one doctor told my family that I was in the process of dying. My lungs filled with fluid and pneumonia set in,I contracted mersa, I was bleeding in my stomach, my blood coagulated and my kidneys shut down. After I came too the doctor told me quote "we didn't save your life,we did all that we could do,it was the Lord who saved you".
Life is to short and precious and the price is to high for me to continue on freehandling venomous snakes.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:16 AM   #74
Herpin Man
Many people on this thread have speculated on the newsworthiness of a venomous bite, and the subsequent reaction from the public. In response, here is a link to a newspaper report of a venomous bite in my area:
http://www.startribune.com/snakes-sl...tle/386391081/
Please note the comments section for some idea as to how the general public feels about snake keeping- that it's not very complimentary should come as a surprise to no one here. Thinking that negative incidents such as this will not have a deleterious effect on our hobby is simply ignorant.
Of special interest are the victim's comments earlier in this thread.
For the record, a have no objection to qualified hobbyists keeping venomous. I just wish they'd be more careful, and not take needless chances.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #75
54bogger
I still love having my snakes, just not willing to die now. LOL

Old 01-06-2017, 05:30 PM   #76
Lucille
Barry!!! Happy New Year!!!

Old 01-07-2017, 05:36 PM   #77
54bogger
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TO!! Hope you had a great Christmas.

Old 03-05-2017, 02:38 PM   #78
dkreptiles
Darwin award?

You win! That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Holding a venomous snake on your lap is crazy. I hope you get tagged in the nuts. Your are taking owning a venomous way too lightly. It is a serious responsibility and this is no way to show off. While it is true that you may survive a bite with the use of antivenin it is going to be expensive and painful and you might have long term affects from this event. You are a statistic waiting to happen.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:21 AM   #79
54bogger
Thanks for your very informative reply, never knew gaboon's were dangerous!

Old 02-09-2024, 09:37 PM   #80
clbowers2000@att.net
What’s your phone number?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!