suggestion: photography "general interest" subforum - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
SirenSanJose
Question suggestion: photography "general interest" subforum

I'd love to see a photography forum here, really. I see so many stunning photos that other keepers/breeders post, and as an "experienced novice" photographer, I'd really love to have a place to chat with other folks about some of the ins and outs of photographing reptiles.

Live animal photography, especially, is sort of its own type of creature compared to landscapes or human portraits, etc. Certainly a different skill set when you're trying to photograph a gecko that wants nothing more than to jump on your lens, and there are so many folks here who manage to get just amazing shots with their animals, I think a forum to "talk shop" would be wonderful.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
WebSlave
As is usual in the case of requests for new forums, I like to see a show of hands from people interested in such an addition here. I really don't like to set up new forums and then have them turn into a ghost town after an initial flurry of posting, wasting screen real estate.

So if enough people are interested, then yes, I'll set one up.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #3
KelliH
I would utilize a Photography forum.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #4
Helenthereef
I think it's a great idea - see how many hands (and photos) are popping up on the general BS thread "Your other hobbies"
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=220251

Old 10-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #5
SERPENTS DEN
I think its a good idea.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:39 AM   #6
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERPENTS DEN View Post
I think its a good idea.
You are pretty high on the list of "brains I'd love to pick about shooting snakes", btw. Your shots are *gorgeous*

Old 10-11-2011, 12:47 AM   #7
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirenSanJose View Post
You are pretty high on the list of "brains I'd love to pick about shooting snakes", btw. Your shots are *gorgeous*

Thanks I'm always willing to help or make suggestions.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:07 AM   #8
Helenthereef
O..M..G..

Old 10-11-2011, 02:45 AM   #9
hhmoore
I'm fairly certain we HAD a photography forum....it died of disuse, and was removed during housecleaning.
That pointed out, I'd be interested - I'm strictly a novice when it comes to photography...even if I do manage to pull off some decent shots once in a while.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:22 AM   #10
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
I would utilize a Photography forum.
Ditto.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!