Chelsea Richardson-SNAKE KILLER... - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:48 PM   #61
Chameleon Company
Note that "stupidity" has now truly arrived.

Curtis, as the above post demonstrates, there is no skill or talent in tearing something down, contibuting more to the problem, etc. Dave and Wes have much in common. For some, its all they know to do. The talent is in trying to improve, if not remedy, the situation. If Chelsea were to read this thread, and it was nothing but Wes and David jerking each other, would that motivate her to seek help, much less read here again ? Then look at Boidsmith's post, which seems to be here in the hope that Chelsea, or other readers, might learn, and maybe even seek out more help, from this thread. The choice will be yours as to how you manage your influence.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:06 PM   #62
CurtisF
Oh, I know the fued between Wes and Jim, but I'd hate for it to spill in to here just because of my posts. I'll sit on the sidelines and continue to figure out who is who, and what is what, as I'm still new to fauna. Ironically, I think one of the first threads I read were an argument between you two.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:27 PM   #63
Wilomn
chumpco will try to make it about him and me but it's really about what killed that snake, nothing else.

The girl killed it.

David, have a necropsy done and post the results. That will settle once and for all cause of death.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:38 PM   #64
Chameleon Company
I think that some folks are better represented by themselves if they take the time to read all the posts prior to making one of their own, as in over 70 posts no one has doubted that poor husbandry was the cause of the snake's demise. Knock yourself out.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:48 PM   #65
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by: Chameleon Company]Note that "stupidity" has now truly arrived.
Yes Jim, you are here. You don't need to point it out to us, you are well known, regardless of what you call yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company]That he has shown himself to be ____________ (malicious, stupid, biased .... etc ..... etc ...... choose your own), beyond valid contempt as pointed out by several , is not significant ? To question the credibility of the accuser is stupid ? Think again Curtis, as it is quite appropriate.
Now is that not the pot calling the kettle black? Sounds like Jim could look in the mirror and repeat those same words about himself, JMHO, based on Jims actions of late.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:48 PM   #66
SoulSmilen
This thread is insane; Chelsea isn't the focus or the big picture here, nor is the BRB.

Maybe I missed it, but did anyone ask if David calmly went over possible problems in the husbandry with Chelsea???? This whole thread could have been avoided if this had been handled as an educational experience rather than taking an accusatory stance. If it was said, I apologize for missing it; it was obviously skipped over by the majority and not considered important enough to focus on.

Is it a shame the snake died? Of course it is. Is it a shame that her other tanks/enclosures are in bad shape and may lead to more deaths? Of course it is. However, IMO it's a bigger shame to walk away and not educate her.

Quote:
She proclaimed to know what she was doing MANY times yesterday while I was at her location holding the 90% dead Rainbow Boa and viewing the horrible conditions her other animals were in. She is nothing more than scum.
People that truly believe they are doing something correctly WILL claim they know what they are doing, so I'm not surprised she proclaimed many times she knew what she was doing.

If you reacted in anger or walked away without leading her to the proper information or an invitation to join the herp society or a forum like Fauna, then there is more than one 'bad guy' here. I'm not throwing stones at you, but this is something that had NO need to go this far.

Quote:
I think the herp community does a good job at policing itself in situations such as this.
So police it rather than running to the BOI. Why are there suggestions of going to the authorities for one instance? That's incredible. I think someone said it already; her use of potpourri is surely not a deliberate attempt to kill her animals, it is ignorance. It is ignorance that can be fixed with the help of a community that claims to be so tight.

Quote:
The only way I can hope to prevent this from happening in the future is to make the situation public amongst the herp community.
That's not the only way, it's not even the RIGHT way at this point. If you are so concerned that she change her ways, see above. Calmly contact her and offer skills and advice in place of the refund; or let someone else do it since you view her as trash already. (That shouldn't have been said, by the way; and most assuredly shouldn't have been typed on the BOI. Now, even if there was a chance of her accepting advice or invitation to join the society or forum, she may see this and go off half-cocked and want nothing to do with you causing even more situations that were unavoidable.)

I just don't believe this is BOI material; at most it was Sound Off material and I, for one, would much rather see it handled at the source with education and not humiliation.

Words for us all to remember.. Educate, don't humiliate.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:55 PM   #67
DavidBeard
Education, while an awesome theory in fairy tale land, simply does not equate to results all of the time in the real world.

Upon my delivering the snake to Chelsea, I asked if she was aware of the snake's husbandry requirement. She said yes, that she has been reading up on them online for quite a while and that she was no stranger to proper Boa care. Not really knowing her personally, I deemed her fit to own the snake and sold it to her.

Did I question her about the set-up, temps, etc of the snake's environment when she told me of the issues with the snake? Of course I did. It is my personal belief that she overheated the snake (going on what she told me herself), and combined with the potpourri, this led to the demise of the Boa.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:59 PM   #68
FunkyRes
Profiling works, not everytime but often enough that it will never go away.

Something that should be noted -

Mobile home parks very often limit the kind of pets you may keep. For example, any pet that is not kept indoors 100% of the time is forbidden.

For that reason, many people who live in those communities keep reptiles. They are generally more interesting and generally less work than fish. They don't smell like rodents do. They don't smell like a cat box does.

While it certainly is true that some of them do not properly house their pets, a lot of them do a very good job. I suspect that the demographics of herpers has a higher number of people living in mobile homes than most hobbies do, and that may be part of the backlash that happened to the comment.

I have no doubts that the OP claims of the conditions of the snakes is true, however. She needs to offload some of the herps she has to a rescue, and focus on better care of the ones she does have, instead of spending money on more herps. That much I think is clear. Clear to me at least.

Word of warning - I googled her name to see if I could find more information about her. Turns out there are a lot of people with her name - one girl was recently given the death sentence for her involvement in murder, another one is a musician and has an album you can buy on cdbaby, etc. - it's a very common name. How many of them are involved in herps, I don't know, but sellers should be aware that it is a fairly common last name and not too uncommon of a first name.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:02 PM   #69
Sledgehammer
Jim F & Wes,
Why don't the two of you just get a room and settle this once and for all.

Once you've determined who is the alpha dog, maybe we can return to some sense of order here. This is all too reminiscent of the old feuds between Wes and Neil Gubitz, which if I'm not mistaken, contributed to the initial banning of Wes from this site.

Both of you are notorious for hijacking every thread in which you participate in and turning it into something about you. The BOI deserves better.

Get over yourselves and try to contribute something useful to the site.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:04 PM   #70
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
Jim F & Wes,
Why don't the two of you just get a room and settle this once and for all.

Once you've determined who is the alpha dog, maybe we can return to some sense of order here. This is all too reminiscent of the old feuds between Wes and Neil Gubitz, which if I'm not mistaken, contributed to the initial banning of Wes from this site.

Both of you are notorious for hijacking every thread in which you participate in and turning it into something about you. The BOI deserves better.

Get over yourselves and try to contribute something useful to the site.
AHAHahahahahaHAHahahahahahahahAHaHAHahaha

Use the ignore feature.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!