For Sale Sub Adult Pair of Eastern Indigo's (Drymarchon C. Couperi) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Pine, Bull, Gopher & Indigo Snakes

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
westcoast74
Sub Adult Pair of Eastern Indigo's (Drymarchon C. Couperi)

2009 Female D.C. Couperi from Robert Bruce's Red Throat Line. I have had her since she was a few months old. As of about two weeks ago, she was about 101 cm. I couldn't find my scale so I didn't get a wait. She is feeding on f/t adult mice.

2008 Male D. C. Couperi from Robert's Red Throat Line also. I have had him since he was about 10 months old or so. As of a couple weeks ago, he measured about 115 cm and is also feeding on f/t adult mice.

They are everything Robert's snakes add up to be. I am not selling them by choice so no trades at this time and I do not like to haggle on price so I am asking $1200 each, just to recover the cost I paid for them as youngsters. I did not try to breed them this season as I wanted the female to have at least four full years behind her. In my bias opinion, there isn't another breed I would prefer to keep more than Eastern's.

Please call me at (619) 425-4285. Please do not email or message as I do not have regular computer access. If nobody is home, please leave a message. Thank you.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 04-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
MarkBurnett
Thanks Eric for a call back, I will pay the invoice soon.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:25 AM   #3
Glamdring11
Hey there, I have a question for you. Does a person need a permit to be in possession of one of these snakes? I recently just came across them and am interested in owning one. I read that they are on the endangered species list, but I'm unsure if a permit is needed for owning them or buying them out of state. Thanks!

Old 02-13-2015, 10:34 AM   #4
Brandonmarsh29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamdring11 View Post
Hey there, I have a question for you. Does a person need a permit to be in possession of one of these snakes? I recently just came across them and am interested in owning one. I read that they are on the endangered species list, but I'm unsure if a permit is needed for owning them or buying them out of state. Thanks!
I do know that there is a permit for interstate shipping as far as state laws its a good idea to look into it. It does vary from place to place. Hope that helps��

Old 02-13-2015, 01:32 PM   #5
bmwdirtracer
If the snakes cross state lines, you need to obtain a permit from US Fish and Wildlife Service in Atlanta. The permit costs $100, and will require a breeder's statement, drawing of your snake room, and a completed application from you.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:05 PM   #6
Glamdring11
Thanks guys, appreciate you getting back to me!

Old 02-13-2015, 09:54 PM   #7
DBGmd1985
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that a 5-6 year old female is 39" and a 6-7 year old male is only 45" long? They look healthy and I know first hand Robert Bruce produces high quality animals. They just seem a bit on the small size to me.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:30 PM   #8
englishaussie
Be very careful with Eastern Indigos, many are severely inbred. I bought several animals from Robert & had very disappointing results when it came to breeding. Stunted growth, premature death, split belly scales, infertile eggs. I ended up trading them out because of these reasons. I spent about $8000 on these snakes & have nothing to show for it. Indigos are my favorite snakes but i will not touch them again now i am more educated about the genetic problems they have. BE WARNED!

Old 02-13-2015, 10:39 PM   #9
bmwdirtracer
Guys, I believe that we need to put these conversations on the discussions forum, rather than the classified ad for someone's snakes. For that reason, I actually started a thread in relation to this, several hours ago. Please give input on the discussion forum; this line of questioning has stirred controversy on this CLASSIFIED forum before, and we should steer clear, or we will end up in trouble. (EDIT: Yes, I am bothered)

Old 02-13-2015, 11:53 PM   #10
tim brophy
The original add above is almost three years old.