SOLD!! 2017 PAIR OF LOCALITY LOS ANGELES CO. KINGS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes

Notices

Old 12-06-2017, 04:59 PM   #1
RossCA
2017 PAIR OF LOCALITY LOS ANGELES CO. KINGS

This is the last pair of snakes I have to sell this year. The male is what I believe is a Whittier Newport, not a Whittier mud (aka MDR Mud). So, basically it is also expressing the Newport gene. So far I'm the only one producing these locality Whittier Newports. I produced the first two last year, but they looked very different because they were displaying the Newport scrambled banded trait. This one appears to be displaying the typical "strait stripe" Newport trait. The reason why I'm not 100% sure is because the Whittier mud gene also controls the pattern, so both genes have a say in how the pattern comes out. And because no one has ever seen a strait striped Whittier Newport to know what to go by. I do know Newport muds never have a strait stripe like this, but Newports do, so that alone leads me to believe the strait stripe is from Newport influence. If it is, it will produce Newports het for Whittier, Whittier muds and Whittier Newports. This locality is located in Los Angeles Co. (Marina Del Rey) and probably has more morphs than any known locality. The Whittier Newport is possible in the wild, but would be extremely rare. Both eating on live pinkies right now. If you cool them for a month and heat them up, they'll probably take frozen thawed without a problem, but they switch over easy and often on their own. The female is het Whittier. Its not het Newport, because Newport is an incomplete dominance gene, meaning its passed down in the first generation and not recessive. These are the real deal. I've herped this locale since 2006. $280 shipped for the pair. Be sure your weather isn't too cold right now or I may not be able to ship. Pay pal only. Thanks
Attached Images

Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!