agressive beardie any Ideas? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #1
Jenns
agressive beardie any Ideas?

Ok I have an almost year old female BD.I have had her for almost a year, she is 250 grams and over the last 6 weeks has become quite aggressive? The only thing that has changed is that she has been up graded to larger housing. Other than that he care has been exactly the same.
For about the first 6 weeks after I got her she had to have the front of her enclosure covered, because she was too stressed to eat.
I am assuming that the change stressed her out and this is causing the aggression, If Anyone reaches in her enclosure(tank) she lunges mouth open, she has and will latch on. I have noticed that this is getting progressively worse.
I am wondering if anyone has any solutions or suggestions for curing or lessening this behaviour.

any help would be appreciated
thanks
Jenn

Old 12-13-2007, 10:18 PM   #2
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Sorry you are having problems with your girl.
Yes, moving them to a different enclosure can stress them out that is for sure. It should not last longer than a couple of weeks though, for the most part.
What type & brand of UVB light are you using, & how old are they?
Are the temps good? Since the tank is larger, is she warm enough perhaps? How are you measuring the temps?
Are you using supplementation? What type & brand, & how frequently are you giving it?
Have you ever taken her in to see the vet for a routine checkup?

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!