Dog hair and house air - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:02 AM   #1
Lucille
Dog hair and house air

All these dogs are supplying my home with a considerable amount ot dog hair, especially the back room where 3 of the 4 sleep.
I am planning on putting several large HEPA filters throughout the house, my Vornadoes finally bit the dust so I more Vornadoes plus several others too (I have birds as well, and there is bird dust to cope with also).

I vacuum their room daily but there is still a lot of hair, I think I need to take them outdoors and brush them more often.

What do y'all do to cope with the dog hair inside your home?

Old 06-06-2006, 08:57 AM   #2
Cat_72
I just call it part of the decor.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #3
PerfectPetPython
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I just call it part of the decor.
you almost have to!

I was at Petco today and found this "pet hair magnet" rubber-type thing..... I just use those sticky roller things......

doesn't Sharper Image's Ionic Breeze have a built in HEPA filter? Perhaps I should try that......... Lucille, what are vornadoes?

Old 06-06-2006, 11:42 PM   #4
Lucille
Vornado is a brand name of HEPA air purifier. Consumer reports rates them fairly well and I have had them for years: the are reasonably priced, and do a good job. As well as 2 Vornadoes, I have a Panasonic, a Kenmore, and a Sun-Pure and a couple ionizer cleaners.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:30 AM   #5
Bar None Reptiles
Sweep, sweep, sweep. All day, every day. And the tumbleweeds still keep coming. The aussie sheds 365, he has no season where he just blows coat like some of the others. But he is kind enough to pick up a tumbleweed or so every once in a while if he can't find something else to clean up. Everyone in my family knows when I give them a present without reading the card because there is a little extra from Jango with every gift. Add birds, a calico who sheds like a fiend also, the substrate from the lizards and there is more debris on my floors than there is in my yard. But I don't worry too much about it, everyone expects it when they come to my house.

Old 06-08-2006, 04:46 AM   #6
DAND
My little girl Abigail (All 125+ pounds of her) has allergies and has been shedding consistently for going on two years. She also has the thickest undercoat I have ever seen. When I take her outside and rake her it looks as if someone blew up a pillow. (the birds around here have the warmest nests though) I have come to grips that as long as I have her I will have hair all over the place for at least 2 years after she is gone.

Old 06-11-2006, 11:28 PM   #7
Bar None Reptiles
The birds just love my yard as well. Before and after baths they get brushed outside and the yard is nothing but hair! I can't get enough birds to come and take it away fast enough. I'm just waiting for my neighbors to complain about the hair flying around, but it just cracks me up when I see it flying around the neighborhood. But what else are you going to do with 5 dogs shedding everywhere?!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!