Sal of Xotic Pets in St. Louis bad bussiness - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
tzwizzard
Angry Sal of Xotic Pets in St. Louis bad bussiness

I did a trade with Sal at Xotic Pets and it didn't go so well. I traded him a 7.5 ft male red tail and a 6.5 ft female red tail for a 300 dollar trade. He was going to buy them for 300 but didn't have the money. I waited all show(the Indy reptile show) for him to get the money and nothing. I had even made a deal with another breeder for a Hogg Island. I had to apologize to that breeder for having him hold the snake for me. So by the end of the show Sal says he wants the snakes, mainly the female but agrees to a deal of a trade. The trade was to be a Hogg Island female and 100 dollars for my snakes. He said he had a friend who he could get one off of (which would cost him around 200), he made the call right there at the show. I said ok no problem I will get her at the next show which was today. So I got a receipt and his email and phone number for pics and to call and check up on the deal. I waited 2 weeks and called him because I forgot his email and to check out how the deal went. He gave me the email and said he was going to his buddies house this weekend to check out the snake. He said that if his buddy didn't go through with the deal that he would get the snake I was looking at, at the show and make up the difference . I said ok. The snake at the show was 175 and the one he was gonna get was 200. He owed me 300 for the trade value.
I emailed him a few times and got no response. Ok, I don't like this but people get busy and it is a week until the show so I will just wait. I get to the show and he says that he put 150 down on the snake I was looking at previously, but the guy went up in price on it to 200. I talked to the guy and he was willing to go to the price I originally saw her at which was 175. Well Sal put 150 down on her prior to me getting there, so I was gonna owe another 25. I asked Sal and he was like well I don't have the money with me, we come from St. Louis and just didn't bring any cash. So I showed him my receipt and he said that well that was for the deal with my buddy. Now we had talked on the phone and he said he would make up the price difference which should of been 125. He said well I don't really want the male, so rather than argue over it and make a scene at the show I just said get me 75 dollars and I'll leave it at that. I had to still pay the guy holding the Hogg 25 out of the 75 he was going to get me. He left and came back with 65 and asked if I could come back next month for the other 10. It costs just me to get in 5. My wife and I had, had it by this point and took the 65 and walked away. He called us back over and gave us the other 10. My wife was furious, but I told her lets just leave it and I'll write about it on the BOI. So, there is my piece. I can get a picture of the receipt if necessary. It is just a small hand written receipt, but I can show it if needed.
Sorry about the run on paragraphs, but this really left a sour taste in my mouth and I had to get it out.

James Powers

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!