Jim Stevens ( Cages N Constrictors ) Inquiry - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-26-2004, 05:07 PM   #21
odatria
Dont look here, as there is nothing to see!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sybella
Jim Stevens is a real person with his own reptiles, etc. It looks like he's in the process of moving to California, hense the phone number and address confusion.

So move along folks, nothing to see here. LOL!
I checked with a friend of mine who runs a reptile store about 3 miles from the Santa Fe address and he said the name of the store that closed was NOT Cages N Constrictors. Now that I have a little sleep I can think a little more clearly.

What I do think is odd is that Sybella mentioned that he is in the process of moving to California and that is why he has a Florida Cell number. The problem is that he has been selling cages for many, many months on KS for pick up in San Bernardino.

Now for the good part!

Josh Burm Guy posted his home AND rat breeding facility for sale a few weeks ago. I inquired and recieved the following responces via Fauna Classifieds private messages. I have arranged the order from first message to last to make it easier to understand.

odatria wrote on 04-11-2004 01:24 AM:
Where is the house?

Email me @ mike@odatria.com

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Josh Burm Guy wrote on 04-11-2004 12:19 PM:
Hi Mike,
The house/property is in San Bernardino California. Where are you located? If you are in California you are most welcome to come and see it and the rat operation. Thanks, Damon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

odatria wrote on 04-11-2004 09:18 AM:
I lived in Loma Linda until about 3 years ago and have been looking to move back down there for a while. I now live in Bakersfield. I had heard that you lived in the I.E. and thought I would inquire about your place. Where exactly is it located? That would at least save me the trip if it is in a neighborhood I do not want to live in (like Muscoy!) LOL. Anyway, let me know the physical address so I can look it up on mapquest before I make the trip.

Thanks.

Mike

quote:

Re: Rat House
Hi Mike,
I am only a couple of miles North of Loma Linda not too far from the 10 and 215 freeway junction. It is the city of San Bernardino. I live on a dead end street and only have one adjacent neighbor. It's very quiet and nice and the family next to me is a good one with decent, hard working people.
Thanks Mike

In my first PM I asked him to email me and he wouldnt. I then asked for the physical Address and he never gave me that either so I didnt contact him again. If you are selling reptiles, I dont blame you for not giving your address. But if you are selling a house, and you wont give the address something is wrong. After the last PM he sent me I once again asked for the physical address and he never responded back.

So, which is it? Is he moving TO California, or AWAY from California? I think the above correspondence proves that not only does he already live here, but he owns property here. Not to mention a Rat breeding business. And also a cage building business.

HMMMMMMMMMM.

Looks like the confusion of the address and phone number is worth looking into.

Old 04-26-2004, 09:14 PM   #22
Sybella
Ugh! This is maddening!

You are right, Odatria. Cages N Constrictors HAS been selling cages for a long time. But, what I said was true...Jim Stevens is in the process of moving from Florida to California because he is buying Damon's property, with the business along with it. So yes, Cages N Constrictors is indeed in San Bernadino but it is the process of title transfer to Jim Stevens. This is why Jim is now using the Cages N Constrictor KS classified account, and since the rule is one account per business or individual (owner), there is no TOS breach...unless he decides to back out of the deal because of all this garbage. Lastly, Jim, from what I can tell, is a good guy and I know he does not need his named sullied by Damon's reputation. Now, can we drop this??

As I said, move along folks...there's nothing here to see.

Old 04-26-2004, 09:18 PM   #23
Wilomn
If he is buying brian/damon/josh's business and he does NOT know of the reputation he is associating himself with, that is WRONG.

He has EVERY right to know what kind of person he is buying a business from and what that persons reputation is.

There is PLENTY to see here and ALL parties should be made aware of it.

Wes Pollock

Old 04-26-2004, 11:49 PM   #24
HerpVenue
Yes, absolutely ill-spirited and condescending.
I was ill spirited and condascending.....got it

Get real. Who are you to send him a "pat on the back?"
1. know it is no longer ill spirited or condascending....it is now a pat on the back
2. I am a concerend herper who would honestly like everyone to get along and everyone to succeed in this business............HONESTLY. I would rather have them as good guys than kick them out as bad guys.

don't buy for a second that you were trying to be NICE to him!
now my ill spirited condascending letter was trying to be nice.

You wanted to get a rise out of him so you can attempt to make him look bad yet again and you did. Congratulations.

Yeah I was trying to get a rise out of him by saying he has been doing a good job.
I guess that is how things work in your neck of the woods.
Hey Randy, good job on conveying your thoughts well. keep it up. I only wish I can do the same.. (lets see if Randy gets a rise out of that one)

LOL! Don't fish for something that isn't there, Ritchie. Look back at your 4th post in this thread. This ceased being about Jim Stevens and morphed into a "gang up on Damon" thread in that post alone.
fourth post !!!!!!!!
but you said this thread was started to specifically bash Damon.
Now you are saying it did not become a bash damon thread until the fourth post.
You are getting confusing with your double talk.

You throw out insults and accusations all the time, some of which can easily be taken as "veiled threats."
Let me get this straight.... in your world
1. saying good job is condascending and ill spirited.
2. in your world insluts and accusations are veiled threats.

Veiled = hidden
threats = An expression of an intention to inflict pain, injury, evil, or punishment.
An indication of impending danger or harm.

him saying deal with it when the tie comes
him paying money to find information on all these people.
his signature which quote gangis khan that says half of his enemies are dead,,,,,he has yet to meet the other half.
You ad all those together and you can pretty much see threats.

no insult...just my opinion. You need to look up these words that you use.

To:
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 19:35:58 -0500
I have not heard a negative thing about you.
this was a fact.

OBVIOUSLY you are doing good business.
this is my opinion.................nothing ill-spirited or condascending
Keep it up.
nothing ill-spirited or condascending here. Unless he never misrepresented his animals..... unless he never lied about their whereabouts....unless he never lied about their "disease"

It is good to see someone that was labeled as "shady" turn things around.
nothing ill-spirited or condascending here. Unless he never misrepresented his animals..... unless he never lied about their whereabouts....unless he never lied about their "disease"

I am truly elated.
in my world it means I am truly happy. In your world.....well I guess it means something different.

I know some people think I just look for the bad in people.
But it is really quite the opposite.

Me saying i do not look for just the bad in people.....me saying that I do see and look for the good stuff....nothing ill-spirited or condasecending here.

good luck and happy herping.
me whishing him good luck and happy herping from the bottom of my heart.
=======================
Ritchie Luna
www.RitchieReptiles.com

if it was really i-ll spirited and condascending like you say.....
why did he tell me to quit trying to be nice?

This is why Jim is now using the Cages N Constrictor KS classified account, and since the rule is one account per business or individual (owner), there is no TOS breach...unless he decides to back out of the deal because of all this garbage.
1. he has not bought the business yet
2. look below

Quote:
You may NOT post advertisements for other businesses or individuals, regardless of whether they are friends or family members. This account is established in the name of a SINGLE ENTITY. If more than one person is found to be using a single account without prior permission, that account will be IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED with no notice or warning. If a person OTHER than the one listed in the registration form is found using the account the account will be terminated. Anyone found violating this rule is committing Theft of Service and may be prosecuted as such.
The person listed is Damon / Brian............NOT Jim

Quote:
If this account is registered under a business name, the owner of the business must be listed, and NOT an employee.
The name in the registry is Damon or Brian...............NOT jim

Quote:
This ceased being about Jim Stevens and morphed into a "gang up on Damon" thread in that post alone.
as aforementioned you stated this thread was specifically made to bang up on brian / damon

Quote:
Jim Stevens is in the process of moving from Florida to California because he is buying Damon's property, with the business along with it. So yes, Cages N Constrictors is indeed in San Bernadino but it is the process of title transfer to Jim Stevens. This is why Jim is now using the Cages N Constrictor KS classified account, and since the rule is one account per business or individual (owner), there is no TOS breach...unless he decides to back out of the deal because of all this garbage.
And lets say since he buys the business he is allowed to post.......
lets say that for arguements sake.
Well ytou just said yourself he is in the PROCESS.
meaning he has not bought it.
he does not own it.
two people used those ads.

Old 04-27-2004, 05:58 AM   #25
DAND
Quote:
Originally posted by Sybella
Now, I am done here. Unless I get "called out" to denfend myself again, I'm done arguing with you. See ya!
You were not "called out" to denfend yourself, yet here you are one post later defending Damon. Are you his offical spokesperson? Or are you one of these people who just want the truth to be known?

Old 04-27-2004, 10:26 AM   #26
HerpVenue
Quote:
Now, I am done here. Unless I get "called out" to denfend myself again, I'm done arguing with you. See ya!
This thread was started on Jm stevens.
In the forth post it became about Brian.

Now you are saying we called you out.

are you therefore saying you really are Brian?
Because nothing in this thread metnioned you until you came along.

Old 04-27-2004, 08:04 PM   #27
Sybella
No, Dand. I'm just a friend of Damon's. I'm the type who doesn't like to see his friends lynched and can't sit by while it is going on. I'd do the same for you if I knew you.

About me being "called out," anyone can see that if I post with an opinion that contradicts a few outspoken people around here, my words get nit-picked and I get questioned further. In effect, if I try to set the record straight, I get "called out."

For example, look at what happened when I said "threads were started about Damon twice..." (or something like that) and Ritchie claimed that this thread was originally supposed to be about Jim. But, that's really not true. He also asked about Cages N Constrictors so he did ask about Damon in the FIRST post. Therefore, this IS the second thread about him. But if he wants to try to claim that it wasn't about Damon, why the heck are we talking about Damon 6 pages later??? LMAO!!

Ritchie, while you're looking up word definitions, go back and look up "condescending." No, here...I'll just do it for you. I've got a few seconds.

Quote:
con·de·scend ( P ) Pronunciation Key (knd-snd)
intr.v. con·de·scend·ed, con·de·scend·ing, con·de·scends
1. To descend to the level of one considered inferior; lower oneself. See Synonyms at stoop
2. To deal with people in a patronizingly superior manner.
As I said, who are you to give him a "pat on the back?" You can try to deny it all you want but you did come across in a "patrionizing superior manner," which was without doubt, rude. So, sorry...I still don't buy that there was anything NICE about that email. And, please...could you spell condescending correctly from now on?

Regarding the transfer of title on property or businesses, I guess you don't have experience with large transactions to know how these things work. When you put down your money and sign the contract, you "own" it but there's still a legal process invovled. Just with buying a car, there's still paper work to file that can take several weeks or more. When buying a business the transfer of title can take several months, not to mention escrow on a house. You can't just decide to buy a business and house one day and fully own it the next.

Old 04-27-2004, 08:13 PM   #28
Wilomn
Quote:
[i]

Regarding the transfer of title on property or businesses, I guess you don't have experience with large transactions to know how these things work. When you put down your money and sign the contract, you "own" it but there's still a legal process invovled. Just with buying a car, there's still paper work to file that can take several weeks or more. When buying a business the transfer of title can take several months, not to mention escrow on a house. You can't just decide to buy a business and house one day and fully own it the next. [/b]
Actually sybella, you're wrong.

Until the title transfer is registered by the title and escrow company and the county recorder has RECORDED it, the property is still OWNED by the selling party, not the BUYER.

Same for a business, until the transfre is properly and LEGALLY recorded, there is NO transfer.

Ritchie would be condescending if he had ONLY done this to brian/damon/josh. He did not single out your friend. He does this to others as well to let them know that he has SINCERE good wishes for them.

Why, once again, are YOU and ONLY YOU defending brian/damon/josh? He seems to have a hard time speaking up for himself. Too busy trying to figure out what he's going to do with all the information on "the other half" he hasn't met yet, I suppose.

I think you were a little out of line on this one and a little patronizing/condescending yourself towards Ritchie.

Wes Pollock

Old 04-27-2004, 08:53 PM   #29
DAND
Re: Jim Stevens ( Cages N Constrictors ) Inquiry

Quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie Luna
Anyone know a Jim Stevens from Cages N Constrictors ? Cages_n_constrictors@hotmail.com

Someone was asking me some info about this guy and I have never heard of him.

I do see that he has ads on KS and those ads seem familiar to me....
but for some reason I have been having problems piecing things together lately.

Any good or bad experiences?
Sybella,

Nowhere does this first post inquire about Damon. Because Jim is using the "Cages N Constrictors" account does not make it an inquiry to Damon, because per your own post:

quote:
Cages N Constrictors is indeed in San Bernadino but it is the process of title transfer to Jim Stevens. This is why Jim is now using the Cages N Constrictor KS classified account

it's Jim's business, not Damon's anymore and therefore there was no need for you to come to Damon's aid since the inquiry was to a business he no longer owns.

Please correct me if I have "nit-picked" any of your words or have caused you to feel "called out" in doing such.

FYI you may not want to criticize someone's spelling when you misspell words also. Maybe you should proof read your own posts instead of Ritchie's.

Old 04-27-2004, 10:55 PM   #30
HerpVenue
Quote:
But, that's really not true. He also asked about Cages N Constrictors so he did ask about Damon in the FIRST post.
Okay okay you are absolutely right.
even though I forgot who cages and constrictors was....
the fact that I asked about them means I asked about Damon.
Because Damon is the owner of cages n constrictors

So Cages n Constrictors = Damon / Brian

Quote:
Regarding the transfer of title on property or businesses, I guess you don't have experience with large transactions to know how these things work. When you put down your money and sign the contract, you "own" it but there's still a legal process invovled.
okay now Cages n Constrictors = Jim

In one post you say I asked about Brian because I asked about cages n constrictors. After all Brian owns cages n constrictors
In the same EXACT post you say JIM owns cages n constrictors..

Quote:
As I said, who are you to give him a "pat on the back?"
You are absolutely right. I am no body. I should not care that people are doing good or bad.
And if I think someone has changed or is doing a good job. Who the hell am I to tell them so. Sh!t why is the board of Inquiry here?
Who the heck are all these people voicing out their good and bad experiences. Take this D@mn board down.

oh wait a minute.
Who are you to tell me who I can write to?

and to say again.
how can you say by asking about cages n constrictors....means I asked about Brian....
Then turn around and say Jim owns cages n constrictors.

hurry back peddle

Quote:
patronizingly

Patronizing \Pa"tron*i`zing\, a. Showing condescending favor; assuming the manner of airs of a superior toward another.
The english language is so complicated.
You tell someone good job and all of a sudden you are patronizing them.
Damn...I wonder what my soldiers think when they do a good job and I tell them they did a good job.

oh I get it.
If they do a good job and it is deserved......then yes I can tell them good job.

But when someone does not do a good job and has not changed and definately does NOT deserve the praise......
then telling them good job is patronizing them.

someone tell me if I got it down now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!