Shawn Gray - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-21-2003, 03:28 PM   #1
apastus
Shawn Gray

Hey All,

Has anyone been in touch with Shawn recently? I've noticed that his site has gone down and he hasn't been returning emails. To date he's been a great guy to deal with but we've still got some unfinished business dealings and he hasn't been responding of late. Any information, be it an update on his situation or updated contact info, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Alex W. Pastuszak

Old 08-21-2003, 06:00 PM   #2
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Alex,

last I heard Shawn had some issues and if I remember right he was in and out of the hospital at one point. I myself haven't spoken to Shawn in quite some time, but there was a post here not that long ago regarding his circumstances.

Old 08-28-2003, 03:04 PM   #3
j007
Shawn

Believe there was a post on his website addy for a little while that there were some family problems and he was having problems with his back and neck so something to that effect. Jim Bond

Old 08-28-2003, 08:33 PM   #4
apastus
Yes, I've seen the site, which is currently down. Shawn hasn't been responding to emails or calls, which worries me, as we've gotten on pretty well over the past year or so. I'm more worried than upset about the lack of contact, though there is an animal of mine that's tied up at his place which I would really like to get from him. I was wondering if anyone out there had better knowledge of his whereabouts or condition, though I do appreciate your reply, Jim.

Alex W. Pastuszak

Old 08-28-2003, 10:59 PM   #5
kim felts
hi

i so wish i could help with info on the whereabouts of shawn.
i havent spoken to him in some while but i do believe in him and know that whatever has happened he surely isent meaning to leave you worried and with no animal..i wish i could help somehow..please dont lose faith in shawn.
i do remember many times getting emails from him expressing he was in very bad pain and having alot of problems because of it.
the severity of the pain must have taken over to an extent he could not go on without some sort of medical treatment is what im thinking..i hope nothing worse has happened.
if there is anything i can do to help meanwhile please let me know.
i wish you all the best.

kim

Old 08-29-2003, 01:51 PM   #6
apastus
Kim,

Thanks much for your reply. Shawn and I discussed his medical condition to quite and extent when it was beginning to become a real problem, so I am aware of a good bit of his medical history. I have no doubt that he's a good guy - he's never done me or anyone else I know who's worked with him any wrongdoing. I'm hoping he's alright and either getting treatment or on the road to recovery. Thanks for your kind words.

Alex W. Pastuszak

Old 12-27-2003, 03:03 PM   #7
The BoidSmith
Anyone her from him lately?

Anyone know how Shawn is doing? He is certainly missed as he use to sell some very nice looking animals. Actually one of my favorite snakes is a ball python I got from him over a year ago. Last time I heard he had health problems. Can anyone give an update?

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-28-2003, 12:46 PM   #8
chondrogal
update

I have been keeping my eyes open also hoping for Shawn's return to the herp community. I purchased 4 chondros from him during the last year and was offered customer support with each purchase and have been unable to get any response from Shawn for quite awhile.

One of my snakes purchased through Shawn was misrepresented and I would like to try to track down the origins on it (a great snake nonetheless), another pair came in with URI and I inquired with Shawn as to their previous treatment, if any, no answer.

I know for a fact that Shawn is "back in business" as he very recently sold a neonate out of a Turmezie male x OS female as it was posted publicly on the Morelia Viridus Forum by the person that purchased it, complete with pix of the baby and parents.

The person purchasing that baby has spoken in chat with me recently and seemed surprised that I still have not heard anything from Shawn in response to my emails to him. I am not upset with Shawn over our transactions... I am very upset that he has blown me off and failed to answer any of my emails. I spent over 3K with him in 2003. That is a lot to a hobbyist like myself.

I wish Shawn and his family well for the upcoming year of 2004. I just hope his business practice and communication improve in the future along with his health.

Old 12-28-2003, 01:18 PM   #9
The BoidSmith
Quote:
One of my snakes purchased through Shawn was misrepresented and I would like to try to track down the origins on it (a great snake nonetheless), another pair came in with URI and I inquired with Shawn as to their previous treatment, if any, no answer.
Cathy,

Sorry to hear that. My transaction with Shawn was perfect and we use to keep an open communication. Haven't heard from him in a while though. According to your words your received a "great snake", although misrepresented (?). The ones with URI were a pair of..?? How are they doing now?

Kindly.

Old 12-28-2003, 02:09 PM   #10
chondrogal
update

Hi Daniel,

I thought I'd start with my first Sunbaked purchase.... a HY OS bloodline baby that was small for his age, but to this day is one of the sweetest little guys you could hope to find. His color is still very HY and I am hoping he will be the "foundation" of my own HY lines sometime down the road. This snake "D'Argo" was such a sweet purchase that I didn't hesitate to make further purchases from Shawn.

The next purchase was his pair of proven, probably gravid Jayapuras of Gniazdowski lines. I jumped at the opportunity and purchased this pair. While making arrangements, which were at this time becoming difficult for Shawn because of his health issues I spoke to himi regarding the "wamena" he was advertising at the same time on KS. We went with a "package" deal and I wound up purchasing and receiving the 3 all in same shipment.

Packaging is excellent with Shawn, we went Delta for shipping and all was perfect.

I very shortly emailed Shawn afterward about the fact that the Jayas both came down with URI and that I had them in to my vet who also confirmed that the female was not gravid. I have not heard one word back from Shawn since this email. I did not ask for any refund of any sort. He never guaranteed the snake gravid so I was OK with that fact. I asked if he had previous history with URI's on the pair and what he had treated them with so we could treat them effectively here. They were treated with Amakacin injections and have been problem free ever since.

The "wamena" shipped in same package never came down with URI as well as none of the others I have already in my home. (I practice strict quarantine too).

The "wamena" purchase is kind of an insider joke at Morelia Viridus forum. The regulars there have seen me post pix of her regularly and not a single person sees "wamena" in her. Biak type for sure..... and as it turns out, she looks like she's going to be an awesome biak with possibly very high yellow.

I haven't met very many people with snakes from Shawn, but every single person has had nothing but good experience from him and that is why I guess I am still "in shock" that he won't respond to me. I was under the impression at the time he took my money that we had a pretty good client/customer relation going. I know of at least two people from MVF that have had recent mail from Shawn and I've even resent him email thinking perhaps he no longer had my email addy. Still no response.

I don't know what to think about him anymore.... I've purchased from Rico Walder, Greg Maxwell, Chris Roullie, Eddie Aste also this year and have had great customer service and response to any inquirys. Funny thing though... I didn't need much support from them on these purchases since they've been totally free of problems and as represented when I made the purchases.

Sorry to ramble on, I just wish I had an explanation from Shawn. I'd like to believe this was just an oversight on his part and that he really didn't intend to leave me hanging with no answers to my questions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!