Wanted RoughNeck Monitor - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #21
MicroZooKits
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM1 View Post
There all WC no matter what scott says, ask for some pics of it hatching, parents,eggs,etc
Pretty much. If it really is CBB records are usually easily provided especially with this species as they want to show proof themselves.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #22
drumrnj
My Terrarium is 6 foot (long)by two foot high)by two foot (wide). What monitor would be a good fit for this terrarium. thank you. George
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-13-2009, 02:33 PM   #23
MicroZooKits
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSDOGDLER View Post
FIRST OF ALL BSM1 I WASNT TALKING TO YOU ABOUT THE ROUGHNECKS!!!!!!!!!! THAT REPLY WASNT FOR YOU!!!!!! SO KEEP YOUR SMART ASS COMMENTS TO YOUR SELF!!!!! I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK OF SCOTT!!!!! IVE DONE BUSNESS WITH HIM AND I THINK HES NOT JUST IN IT FOR THE MONEY!!!!!!! ALSO ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSNESS HOW IM HOUSING MY MONITORS!!!!!!!!!! YOU DONE KNOW THE SIZES, AGES (( EXT. )) LOL SO JUST GO PLAY MR. KNOW IT ALL WITH SOME ONE ELSE!!! CAUSE CAN CARE LESS WHAT YOU GOT TO SAY!!!!!!
It's pretty strange you are always typing in caps with exclamation marks.
I've seen your posts.
How is anyone supposed to take you seriously?

HOW ARE YOU HOUSING ALL YOUR MONITORS!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't you tell me you had 6 monitors a couple months back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSDOGDLER
I HAVE FOUR YEARS EXPERIENCE !!!!!! I HAVE 6 MONITORS RIGHT NOW!!! SAVANNAH, WATER, BLUE NILE, ARGUS,JUVI ROUGH NECK, BLACK TREE!!!!OH AND A DUMERIL BOA!! IF YOUR STILL INTERESTED IN SELLING YOURS JUST GIVE ME THE PRICE & PICTURES IF YOU HAVE ANY....THANKS
And you're still looking for more?
Are you planning on starting a breeding program?
I for one know what a big responsibility owning ONE monitor can be, you seem to want a large collection of various species at different age groups.
All I'm saying is that it doesn't make much sense to do what you're doing.
You DO know that anyone on here can click your Name and see all the posts you've made?

You've offered to buy Blackthroats, Roughnecks, Sailfins, Savannahs, and a 9 foot Iguana. And not one but offering to buy multiples of each. Telling people you'll pay ANY price for ANYTHING!

This one is particularly amusing...
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=107624

I think that speaks for its self.

And I don't give 2 s***s what you think about my 2 cents. So don't even bother telling me.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #24
MicroZooKits
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumrnj View Post
My Terrarium is 6 foot (long)by two foot high)by two foot (wide). What monitor would be a good fit for this terrarium. thank you. George
Trust Bryan he knows what he's talking about.
And always ask about temperament, feeding, humidity, basking, routine, and enclosure furnishings when acquiring about a pet monitor.
Some species will be snugly teddy bears, while others will send you to the hospital for reconstructive surgery.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #25
Digby Rigby
Depth comes up short

You will need substrate that the monitors can dig in that will make the height of the cage a lot less than two feet tall. If you mount the lights inside the cage that will give you even less available height. Monitors are the most resource intensive reptiles to keep. In fact keeping reptiles is mere practice for being kept by monitors. They need room to climb as well as dig and with the high basking temps required 135°+ room to be able to avoid hitting the basking lamps.

You can mount the lighting outside on top of the cage. Low wattage lights arranged in a row are superior to single large wattage lights. You can also place the cage over a trough with the floor cut out to add depth. The cage would not be suitable for any monitor over 2 feet long due to the 2 foot depth. The cage will need to be able to retain heat and humidity and so far this is just the beginning. As far as rudicollis aka black roughnecks go that cage does not provide anywhere near the height it needs for climbing. Please remember arboreal does not mean horizontally challenged.

Digby Rigby balboa28279@mypacks.net

Old 04-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #26
BSM1
Quote:
FIRST OF ALL BSM1 I WASNT TALKING TO YOU ABOUT THE ROUGHNECKS!!!!!!!!!! THAT REPLY WASNT FOR YOU!!!!!! SO KEEP YOUR SMART ASS COMMENTS TO YOUR SELF!!!!! I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK OF SCOTT!!!!! IVE DONE BUSNESS WITH HIM AND I THINK HES NOT JUST IN IT FOR THE MONEY!!!!!!! ALSO ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSNESS HOW IM HOUSING MY MONITORS!!!!!!!!!! YOU DONE KNOW THE SIZES, AGES (( EXT. )) LOL SO JUST GO PLAY MR. KNOW IT ALL WITH SOME ONE ELSE!!! CAUSE CAN CARE LESS WHAT YOU GOT TO SAY!!!!!!

Yep hes not in it for the money? He tells peoples lies to make a sale amazing and tell them all his great husbandry right. I would love to see your animals guarantee you followed great scotts advice and put them in little cages nice. Also telling people bad advice isnt my business right, i think it is so he doesnt house them like scott and the animal ends up dying due to bad advice followed by bad husbandry.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #27
MicroZooKits
Quote:
OK MICROZOOKITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT GIVE A RATS ASSSSSS OF WHAT YOU THINK OF MY COLLECTION OR HOW MANY I HAVE OR SHOULD HAVE. ARENT YOU THE ONE HOW SAID YOU CAN SEX BABY BLACK ROUGHNECKS?????? DIP SHIT NO ONE CAN SEX A BABY MONITOR AND BE SURE OF THE SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ((OH YA I KNOW FOR SURE ITS A FEMALE?????? COME ON ITS BODY WAS NO BIGER THEN YOUR HAND!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ASK YOUR BFF BRYAN ASK HIM IF YOU CAN SEX THEM AT THAT AGE AND BE SURE!!!!!!! WHY DO YOU GIVE A SHIT HOW MANY PEOPLE I WRITE REGARDING THERE REPTILES???????????????????????????? MY MONEY, MY TIME , MY SPACE ,MY LIFE ASS HOLE. GO WORRY ABOUT SOME ONE ELSE ON HERE. OH ABOUT BRYAN HE DOESNT KNOW SHIT EITHER!!!!!!! JUST LIKE YOU JUST KNOW IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT DOES IT MATER IF I WRITE IN CAPS OR NOT??????? THATS THE WAY I LIKE WRITING TEACHER SO BACK OFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU RUNNING AN ASIAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MONITOR MEAT RESTARUANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR SOMETHIN LADY?? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All we want is proof that you are doing the right thing.
Put your pictures where your words are.
Cause right now you look like the crazy cat lady with monitors instead!
If you WERE treating your animals fairly and COULD provide proper care for 10 monitors you WOULDN'T be so hostile.

DUH.

There you go putting words in people's mouth's again.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=128636

Old 04-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #28
schumi8318206
To the person who started this post sorry for mentioning Scott. I just seen his video on youtube of his monitors, ive never dealt with him. It seems like some ppl have a problem with him and some love him. Just wanted to apologize since your post searching for a monitor turned into this back and forth drama

Old 04-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #29
MicroZooKits
Ignore this b****, and don't sell her anything. She's obviously wacko.

As to the original poster, do your research before you try to "FIT" anything into a cage.
Don't buy wild caught unless you have previous experience in dealing with imported herps and what to lookout for.
Don't trust shady businessmen who will tell you anything to seal a deal.
Talk to the people that have years experience and knowledge with the specific species you are inquiring about.
If you don't know EXACTLY what you want but have a general pet idea (monitors) post questions about monitors.
Lots of knowledgeable people on here are willing to give free advice just to look out for the safety of you and your pets.
Know what you're getting yourself into before you buy ANY animal.
Good husbandry begins with knowing your limitations and providing a proper lifestyle for the animal you intend to care for.
Pets don't choose you, so make sure you give them the home they would want.
-John

Old 04-14-2009, 05:55 AM   #30
hhmoore
ENOUGH!!
This WAS a classified ad. This is not the BOI, or the discussion forums.
If you want to discuss Scott, or any other business - take it to the BOI.
If you want to talk about monitor husbandry or selection, take it to the discussion forum.

One more BS post, and I'm locking this thread. (OP - you may start a new one, if it comes to that)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread