Bad Guy Kalico Gecko / Jeremy Heikel - Bad Business ; Leopard Geckos - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-11-2018, 12:35 PM   #31
elena
A partial refund could be appropriate, seeing as how there is a difference in value between a well-started hatchling and one that is essentially out-of-the-egg.

Also, in my experience, Nick is totally right about giants and super giants. My male super giant came from a reputable breeder and was said to be from a super giant x super giant pairing. Most of my holdbacks from him were big, but a few weren’t. I agree that it’s more of a line bred trait than a single gene, co-dominant trait.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:28 PM   #32
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I agree that the safety of the critter comes first, and would also like to know whether experienced sellers would consider it safe to return a 5 g critter and the return request should be based on these answers.
I have produced 1000's of leopard geckos and have shipped at least that amount.I would never ship out 5 gram hatchlings.then you have to consider the heat or cold.

As far as asking a customer to return a 5 gram hatchling,absolutely not.I would just return their money and give them the gecko as a gift.

The thing about that is they will remember that, then when they are looking to buy again they remember how you treated them.

Charging the paypal fees is against paypals TOS and the seller that charges his customers the fee can lose his acct. with paypal.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:06 PM   #33
Ed Clark
The fact that this hatchling was sold as a super is deceiving and can not be true.the only way you know that you have a super is to raise it up.

I spent years breeding supers X supers trying to produce 100% supers.after raising groups of these offspring I realized you never knew what the resulting offspring would turn out to be.

Another factor here is loss of trust,after being worked over by this seller the buyer may not trust him to do the right thing. and that's understandable.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:32 AM   #34
Teatime
Having read all the texts back and forth, what the OP received was admittedly not what she bought. The "bad business" comes into play because apparently the seller has no standards about shipping an animal that isn't well-established and has a real chance of dying during transit.

Can't use the excuse that Jeremy's brother did it and not him, it was allowed to be done from Jeremy's business. I think it's unethical to ask the buyer to ship back a baby that small if there's a good chance of it not making the trip.

Refund. If you have her wait until it's big enough to ship back, that's time, effort, and resources that the OP has now put into that baby that she'll never get reimbursed for.

Old 08-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #35
bklynsfinest312
I also think the buyer deserves a refund and to keep the animal it is to small to ship imo. if the seller requires to send the gecko back it 100 percent should not be the buyers responsibility if it does not make it there safe and the customer should be refunded regardless. Also I hate sellers that charge for paypal fees. I never do that and if the seller does not like the terms of paypal they should not use it period!

Old 08-17-2018, 12:47 PM   #36
bklynsfinest312
Also no leopard gecko should be sold as a super giant as a baby there is no way to prove that they are even giants until full grown especially not at 5 grams. When my giants have babies I label them as possible giants.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:17 AM   #37
myburms
I had a similar run in with Jeremy Heikel at Kalico geckos. It seems to be more of him seeing what he can get a way with than actual "mistakes". I'm sure of the op sent that gecko back and it died she wouldn't get a refund and at 5g the possibility is very much real. Jeremy tried to swindle me out of my money on a return of geckos he blatantly lied to me about on the the genetics of by "missing" the shipment after he claimed the FedEx driver didn't knock on his door and just left a missed delivery slip. Then refused to go pick the gecko up from the hub or give me my money back until he recieved the package and the geckos were alive. If he's done this to me I'm sure he will do it it to others. He's very quick to make it seem like his mistakes all your fault too. He needs to accept responsibility and refund the money and stop worrying about the buck. Hopefully change the way he condects buisness as whole as well.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:27 PM   #38
elena
Channing, could you post any texts or emails you have ?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
leopard geckos