Inquiry Brian Chumsae aka Dinky Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
Westcoastchondros
Brian Chumsae aka Dinky Reptiles

Hello, has anybody dealt with Brian Chumsae of Dinky Reptiles in Maryland I believe? He advertises on Kingsnake.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 05-25-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
Show Me
I just got a snake delivered from him today! It's a awesome adult male vanilla IMG phase ball python. The packing was excellent and the snake appears to be in perfect health. They kept in contact with me through the complete transaction. I would highly recommend him based on my experience.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
Westcoastchondros
Sounds good. Thanks for the input.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
johnnydance
I've purchased a number of snakes from Brian and they are all doing fine! Although he is located in Massachusetts not Maryland.
Enjoy!!!

Old 03-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
gsrept
img vanilla is not what it is. Img gene is random at best and only shows itself as snake gets older. this was omne of those genetic failures that never took off in the industry.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #6
Show Me
At the time I bought this male...I don't think Brian exactly knew what was going on with him, genetic or not. He called it a IMG because it looked like other breeders snakes that are called IMG. I know Brian has had success proving out whatever morph it is because he called up a while back wanting to buy the male back and told me that it was genetic. He did say I would have to hold the babies back for up to 6-8 months (if I remember correctly) to find out which ones would develop the pattern. I don't remember if he said it was recessive or co dominate , I need to get back in touch with him to find out more. I will say even if I never get him to produce his strange speckled pattern, I'm still very happy with him and I have no intentions of ever selling him as he's my favorite pet. He's still a vanilla and am looking forward to breeding him to my fire and vanilla females.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #7
gsrept
He was a nice looking vanilla but i spoke in depth with another party at the time. and was told it is genetic but it is very similar to calico in retics it is random at best thats why the IMG projects where all abandoned long ago.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #8
Show Me
I heard of one breeder that had what they called IMG and he never produced any out of his male (even when crossing back) so I believe he gave up but I think it was something different that caused it's odd color. I can assure you the project has not been abandoned, I know breeders working with what they think are IMG's right now. IMG is a loosely thrown around word, there is nothing to say all these odd speckled patterned snakes are caused by the same thing, one might prove out and another not. Only time will tell and I'm sure going to give it a shot. If I hit pay dirt, I know they will sell like hotcakes, that's if I can part with them. LOL. Not sure why you would discourage someone from trying?

Old 03-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #9
P&A Pythons
google his name looks like he had changed the name of business few times.Yes he is from Massachusetts

Old 03-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #10
johnnydance
So what! I've owned a number of business's. I still have business cards from all of them!
AND, I'VE NEVER SCREWED ANYONE FROM THEM. It means nothing! Let's try and stick to the question, shall we. Which was... who has dealt with Brian and what was your experience with the sale??????
My experiences' with Brian were awesome and he actually has been very helpful, even after the purchase!
I really dislike it when people bash others' (even when they've had NO EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PERSON)!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!