Former Holdback Profiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-01-2020, 01:33 AM   #1
Snakesitter
Former Holdback Profiles

(Note this post is best viewed in threaded layout, where available.)

Living Gems Reptiles is pleased to profile a few former holdback animals, both subadults and adults.

Over the following posts, please find a short profile of each animal. plus a holdback of the litter to show the potential. I temporarily hijacked a baby drawer to force the animal to sit still for the photos. For each, a short description is provided, noting any behavioral or physical quirks. For dorsal chains, “short” means two to three linked spots, and “long” mean four or more.

So grab a cup of your favorite brew, sit back, relax, and enjoy!

If you like what you see, and want first dibs at any animals, you can sign up for our Wait List.

Thank you as always,

Old 06-01-2020, 01:41 AM   #2
Snakesitter
2015As

Litter A (Scarface-Almandine): a classic high-color pairing that sold out every year. Out of 26 babies, here we profile two former holdbacks (three are still holdbacks). The original Litter Announcement thread was posted on Fauna, though I cannot find the link now.

Sample Holdback
A-10F

Sample Customer
A customer sent in this photo of the brother of my holdback female:

Profiled
A-24F
The gal has gorgeous color, tightly spaced dorsals, and thick side crescents. She is friendly to a fault, and even put up being handled in shed for this writeup without any complaint.
Inside

Outside

Old 06-01-2020, 01:44 AM   #3
Snakesitter
2015Bs

Litter B (Ramses-Pearl): a classic hypo pairing. The sire had premium pedigree, and the dam was a snake supermodel. Out of 19 babies, here we profile two former holdbacks (two are still holdbacks). The original Litter Announcement thread was posted on Fauna, though I cannot find the link now.

Sample Holdback
B-07F

Sales
B-12F
This pretty lady was not a former holdback, but just failed to leave the nest. She has interesting color pattern, with what looks like almost a light black overlay..
Front

B-13M
This gent was a former holdback, but was replaced by my 2018 hypo male pick (as well as a gorgeous het brother from his own litter). I’d tentatively named him “Diablo” due to the forked split on his center head line, but he can be renamed as liked.
Inside

Outside

Old 06-01-2020, 01:49 AM   #4
Snakesitter
2016As

Litter A (DuVall-Nephrite): amazingly strong color pairing that sold out, and unfortunately cannot be repeated as the sire died in the move to Texas. Out of 19 babies, here we profile two former holdbacks (two are still holdbacks). The original Litter Announcement thread was posted on Fauna, though I cannot find the link now.

Sample Holdback
A-18M

Profiled
A-07F
This girl was my most difficult cut. She is very close in quality to her holdback sister A-17. Not much needs to said, except that I blame the sun for no showing her off to her potential. ;-)

A-11M
Brother to the pictured holdback. Not much else to say.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:52 AM   #5
Snakesitter
2016Cs

Litter C (Franklin-Jadeite): one of our classic pairings, a yellowish male to a thick bordered girl. Out of 21 babies, here we profile two former holdbacks (note I may keep one or both, after reviewing my lineup). The original Litter Announcement thread was posted on Fauna, though I cannot find the link now.

C-11F
An orange stunner.

C-13F
A higher contrast orange-red gem.

Both girls can be a bit opinionated on some days; I think this is because they were born just before my move to Texas, and as such did not get as much early handling. That said, they’ve both been cooperative lately.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:54 AM   #6
Snakesitter
2016Ds

Litter D (Ramses-Amber): another classic hypo pairing. The sire had premium pedigree, and the dam was a snake supermodel. This single litter is not former holdbacks, but animals I did not rehome before getting ill. Out of 17 babies, three remaining animals are profiled here (three are holdbacks). The original Litter Announcement thread was posted on Fauna, though I cannot find the link now.

Sample Holdback
D-01M

Profiled
D-02M
Brother to the above animal, and slightly larger size, but with more subdued color.

D-06M
This guy shows his line’s peach-orange potential much better than his siblings.

D-11F
The sole girl of the group.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!