Shipping - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-03-2020, 02:35 PM   #1
Monk
Shipping

Okay , I have been receiving reptiles [ small lizards and amphibians ] for over twenty years .As far as I can remember they all came in a perishable marked Styrofoam box .
I have shipped one lizard in the past year and shipped it UPS . I was able to get a discount from printing the label on line . Around $60 KY. to Miami . Everything went fine [pre covid ]

Went to Fed Ex outlet and the girl working their told me they do not ship reptiles . How do you people that ship a lot go about this with Fed Ex ? I am aware of using " Ship your reptiles "
Also for someone that rarely ships , those Styrofoam boxes cost around $ 20.00 ea. Has anyone made their own ?

Old 06-03-2020, 07:11 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
FedEx ships reptiles for approved shippers such as SYR; if you get your label from SYR or other herp shipper you can ship via FedEx. This is what all small-scale breeders/sellers do, and it works great, and you get a discount on the shipping cost.

You can make your own box, but it may look very unprofessional to the buyer, and it must be labeled appropriately. Buying a box, and passing that cost along to the customer, solves these issues.

There is a lot of info on these matters on the SYR site -- great place to start researching.

Old 06-04-2020, 01:45 PM   #3
Monk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
FedEx ships reptiles for approved shippers such as SYR; if you get your label from SYR or other herp shipper you can ship via FedEx. This is what all small-scale breeders/sellers do, and it works great, and you get a discount on the shipping cost.

You can make your own box, but it may look very unprofessional to the buyer, and it must be labeled appropriately. Buying a box, and passing that cost along to the customer, solves these issues.

There is a lot of info on these matters on the SYR site -- great place to start researching.
Thank you for your input .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!