RepBreeder@aol.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-18-2002, 12:23 PM   #1
Seamus Haley
Just wondering if  anyone has heard of, done buisness with, interacted in any way, spoken to or so much as seen a guy who has the e-mail Repbreeder@aol.com Also gives the web-site WWW.X-PRESIDENTS.COM and claims to go by the name "Crib Breeder"  despite apparantly breeding bearded dragons, leos and burms. I believe he's located somewhere in florida, he has a bit of dubious contact info listed on his  website, no last name given and no address.

He claims to sell on kingsnake's classifieds but I've never  seen an ad associated with any of the contacts or names given, he's been trying to sell things in the AOL reptiles room (technically a violation of their TOS but so is the use of the word "hemipene").

If anyone has heard of him I'd appreciate any info... and anyone with a few minutes to kill who feels like eyeing his homepage to see if any of it rings bells, I'd appreciate that as well. He's not particularly well spoken or knowledgable and I'm frankly pretty suspicious.

Old 10-18-2002, 12:42 PM   #2
Justyn
I would question the amount of knowledge this "breeder" has, because if you have noticed he is using cedar bedding in one of the ball python photos.  If his husbandry is flawed, I am sure his breeding and feeding practices are as well.  If I were you, go with a name you can trust, or someone a good friend might recommend.

Old 10-19-2002, 07:54 AM   #3
Seamus Haley
I really wasn't considering a purchase from this guy, you pegged it dead on, he simply  doesn't seem to know what he's talking about. It gets worse in "real time", rampant misspellings of animals he has for sale,  no husbandry info, the shift key apparantly is not his friend and his general attitude...

I am however willing to over-look some of that sort of thing if there's a justifiable reason... I  do know a few people who are some of the most well spoken, well educated  and honest people in the buisness who just lose it all when it comes to communicating with a keyboard. Some to the point where they simply don't.

This guy (kid?) was making a few claims however about having worked for the Barkers (but didn't know their first names or that they were VPI), Bob Clark (But didn't know that "indian pythons" and burms were the same species) and Bill Cagle (Pretty sure Bill wouldn't have anything to do with this sort and I'll be verifying that myself, albeit through one of  Bill's actual employees)... And that he was just now starting up for himself... I supposed it was possible he had a job sweeping or some such (or above situation, just doesn't type/spell well) and was hoping that a few people might confirm or deny these possibilities without my having to bring it up (But I'm impatient and it's been a day so  I'll force the issue a bit).

As a bit of an added note, those pictures on his web-site... a few seem strangely familiar without me being able to get a specific feeling for where I may have seen them. Although the ones ringing bells are the ones that he does not list as  specifically owning, just the morphed critters he has shown all over the place with the pics background removed. I can't place them specifically however and it may just be paranoia on my part after the distasteful impression he made.

A few of the younger folks who wander into the AOL room (I  often just leave it on while DLing because my modem has problems operating with just file sharing programs and I have no idea how to fix it) seemed interested however and weren't savvy enough to spot a few of those possible warning signs.

Well, seems like he's either a new individual (legitimate or a  new persona for a traditional "bad guy") or simply not well known (can't punish him there, neither  am I, except where it matters). Thank you for the response.

Old 10-19-2002, 02:48 PM   #4
E2MacPets
Avoid like the plague.

This guy has reaked havoc on a few gecko forums, even going so far as to send a virus to one of the moderators.

He also has forged headers on emails and sent out virii to alot of people (my understanding is he even sent one to Tremper) and made it look like another moderator had sent the emails.

~Steven Beckerman

Old 11-11-2002, 11:22 PM   #5
HerpVenue
oh his website it says add $15 for shipping....
I wonder how he ships
US mail?

Old 11-13-2002, 12:46 AM   #6
E2MacPets
152.163.188.40 cache-rb08.proxy.aol.com
64.12.96.198 cache-mtc-ak01.proxy.aol.com

these are ips for a Tjtleopard44 who also goes by the name reptile-breeder and lists Florida as his location

they are aol, unfortunately. but they also match with Chunter's IP

among the names I recall are leogex, lepgex, kwikspell Leopard1988, etc....

Old 11-13-2002, 10:53 AM   #7
HerpVenue
careful.
Because if they are all from the same region of the states and if they all use AOL. then their IP numbers will end up matching at one time or another. it does not necessarrily mean they are the same person.

Old 11-13-2002, 12:29 PM   #8
E2MacPets
True, but I thought I should toss it out there. It is a large coincidence, if that's all it is.

It might be a good idea to check who the websites for both characters are registered to..

I have no doubt from the comments about repbreeder's grammar that I pegged him. Chunter, well it would be quite a coincidence for there to be multiple unrelated Chunters in florida I would think.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!