Leo777 (anyone know this guy?) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-11-2002, 08:41 PM   #41
reptile16hunter
um no

um no see randy is lepgex14
im robby im 16
not 17
think what you want though i could care less

Old 11-11-2002, 09:00 PM   #42
Reptscue
So.....if you are robby and he is randy, then why is randy signed on aol right now? Everytime you disappear so does he, I told him to check back later for the trade not you and you know about it!Why is it that lepgex no longer posts on this forum, just you? I will think what I want! It saves my butt from scams and deadbeats!!! (with some help from some new friends on this board)

---------
Kim Lewis

Old 11-11-2002, 09:38 PM   #43
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
This is sad

I have the sudden urge to haul my 13 year old son in here, show him this mess of a thread with children playing at cooking deals I would be nervous to enter into, and threaten his life if he ever tries to waste peoples time this way. Or maybe I'll hug him for being such a good kid.

Where are your parents and why don't they care that you are playing games that involve money, LIVE animals, and a lot of people you don't know!?! (How do you know none of us are dangerous?!? I'm an adult and I don't even give out info like e-mail and IM addy's cuz I don't know who might be dangerous or not!!)

Old 11-12-2002, 02:30 PM   #44
HerpVenue
trade deals...my thoughts

roby or robby or whover asked.
If I had a for trade add and you replied. to me it is you who is initiating the trade deal. therefore it is you who should send first.

that is how i have always done it....unless I know the person.

You reply to an add. You are interested in that persons animals. YOU are initiating the trade deal.

and if I have it backwards....oh well that is how I treat it and that is how i do business

Old 11-12-2002, 02:45 PM   #45
HerpVenue
trade deals...my thoughts

roby or robby or whover asked.
If I had a for trade add and you replied. to me it is you who is initiating the trade deal. therefore it is you who should send first.

that is how i have always done it....unless I know the person.

You reply to an add. You are interested in that persons animals. YOU are initiating the trade deal.

and if I have it backwards....oh well that is how I treat it and that is how i do business

Old 11-12-2002, 03:09 PM   #46
Neil Gubitz
Ritchie.... You DO have it "bass ackwards", and here's why....

When I put an ad on KS in the BOA section (let's say).... in essence, I'm asking someone if they would like to BUY my Boa? Correct? If you emailed me and said that you had a 100% het Albino Male Ball you would like to trade for my Boa.... then YOU are initiating the trade??.... but, If I put that same ad on the TRADE section of KS (or Fauna).... I'm ALREADY INITIATING the trade, just for the fact the ad is IN the TRADE section?? Don't you see? In essence, I'M asking if somebody has something they would like to TRADE for my snake.... I'M initiating it.... You call me and say, I've got a 100 het Albino Male Ball I'd trade you.... I still initiated it, you just answered it.... does that make any more sense?

....Neil

Old 11-12-2002, 03:26 PM   #47
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Far as I know you pegged it dead on Ritchie, if you reply to someone's as to BUY an animal, you'd send money first... same goes with replying to an ad for a trade. Not to diminish the animals as living things here but you're asking to give someone a commodity for their commodity, money, other animals, used cars, pints of blood... Doesn't matter.

Posting an ad is not the initiation of a trade, it's merely a manner of letting people know they might possibly be interested in a trade IF you have something they want and IF they haven't traded the animal yet (Take down ads in a resonable time frame of course) and IF you're willing to abide by their terms and conditions for the deal (or a pre-decided medium on the terms and conditions) in the exact same manner as you would if you you were exchanging money for that animal.

It's unreasonable to ask someone to ship first and you'd pay later when you respond to a for sale ad, right? The same applied for trades.

Quote:
unless I know the person
That is a good point and a potential mitigating factor in this issue. I would and have happily shipped animals off on my own dime to people who I knew and trusted and to people who I knew OF and trusted (reasoning that their reputation means more to them than a $50 snake and being easygoing and trusting when given a reason in order to facilitate an exchange)...

The important thing here is that there are rules and guidelines in place for a reason. To protect everyone involved... The good thing about rules is that they can be bent or even broken when there's a positive outcome. I obviously don't mean the "Don't sell normal ball pythons as het for albino." type rules... But rules such as who ships first. If someone wants to, they can go ahead and take a leap of faith at their own risk and ship "out of turn" or offer a longer guarantee or trust someone and not require proof of a shipping mishap or replace an animal more than once or... Whatever that bend of the rule may be. But nobody involved can anticipate or expect or demand that a rule be altered unless it's discussed in advance. It's a rare occurance and a risk that certain people may CHOOSE to take for people they feel comfortable with and trust.

The key words are "comfortable and trust"

In this situation I must ask... Robby or Roby or Randy...

Why on earth would anyone have reason to trust you like that?!

Not to be offensive and not to call you a bad guy but... You're young and making deals without your parents interactions, you seem to have multiple names and shifting motivation, you do not communicate well (An issue that's been thouroughly discussed as a trust issue), you don't seem to grasp some of these concepts about who ships what where and when and what sort of conduct is and is not appropriate when approaching someone about a deal, it's difficult for people to understand your writing, which could potentially lead to arguments about what was and was not offered... All in all a load of headaches that people just don't need or want. Don't even want to risk.

Add in the fact that nobody knows who you are or anything about you (Me either, we're in the same boat there)... You are not a "name" you do not have fifty or ten or even one positive post on the BOI that people would trust... So...

Why would anyone trust you?

Knowing all those factors are present, understanding the situation for what it is, you must see where people would be hesitant (especially without parental consent or interaction) to enter into a deal with you.

Knowing that people would be hesitant, you should understand that you'll need to be more willing to make a few sacrifices, abide by the rules, both written and unwritten and understand that the burden of risk will have to be on you rather than the other party... especially when you are initiating any interaction.

Like I said before, I'm in pretty much the same boat as you are in a lot of respects. Not many (big name) people know who I am by name. A few may reccognize me visually but I don't have any major history of deals or trades or large purchases or sales that people can use to judge my honesty and integrity... I've done very few deals over the internet, relativly few locally as well... I may not have that need to verify any transactions with my parents (not for a long... long time) but I'm just a hobbiest... As a hobbiest without a large reputation, I understand that I need to asume a slightly greater burden of risk. When the "rules" dictate, I ship first and trust in my ability to judge the character of others to keep me safe. It may not always work, but I fully understand that it is my obligation to do so because others do not know me yet I have the capability of knowing them. I have no reasonable expectation for others to attribute positive or trusting characteristics to me because, other than my words and a fairly short list of transactions, they have no way of verifying them.

I try to mitigate this by presenting myself better. I attempt to communicate with relative clarity, I am usually polite or at the very least initially respectful of others and I try to give them reasons to trust me.

Confusion about my identity, creating false names to give as my own reffrences, communicating poorly and demanding a deviation fro stated terms and policies or those unwritten rules of buisness would not engender trust in others, quite the opposite as I think you have found out.

The only thing people really have is themselves. Their own words, their own actions, their own responsibilities and history... If they understand this and act in a manner that leaves all these in a positive light, life is generally easier on them. Internet trades sure are anyway.

Old 11-12-2002, 03:36 PM   #48
Seamus Haley
Uh oh... I disagreed with Neil.

But my post is longer.

So I win.

::grins::

In all seriousness though, I don't agree that putting an ad with an animal up for trade as being any different than putting one up for sale. You are simply letting it be known that you might be interested in a further transaction if the other party offers proper compensation. A commodity is a commodity and while animals aren't just dollar signs, there is an aspect of that mentality which is needed, otherwise you'd be trading boleans for garter snakes.

I can see the nuance you're detailing Neil, I just don't personally feel that a for sale ad and an "interested in trade" ad are all that different. I'm gonna have to side with Ritchie on this one.

Old 11-12-2002, 05:23 PM   #49
Neil Gubitz
Seamus.... how can you handle being WRONG.... TWO TIMES in the SAME POST???....lol

First of all.... LESS IS MORE! So, I WIN!....lmao

Secondly, (and more importantly).... I totally disagree, when you're talking about an ad POSTED IN THE TRADE SECTION ONLY!.... my last post explained it, I don't want to rehash it....

Seamus.... look on the bright side?? Even EINSTEIN was wrong occasionally!.... hahaha

....Neil

Old 11-12-2002, 05:34 PM   #50
John Apple
Arrow Hmmmmmm and another hmmmm

Longer shorter..?..? now what are you guys talking about

Anytime you start an ad for trade or for sale , you are the seller so to speak, anyone responding to the ad is inquiring about what you are letting go....so in effect they ship 1st[unless of course you come up with another agreement between the two parties]
I agree with seamus and Ritchie
I have animals for trade all the time and for sale anybody inquiring will ship 1st period.....
I see your point Neil but to each his own

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!