Yow, how did that happen? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
WebSlave
Yow, how did that happen?

Just looked at the stats and saw that yesterday, 03-04-2012 at 03:35 PM. there were 4,733 concurrent users logged into this site.

The highest number previous to that was something like 1,800. I'm surprised the server didn't choke up.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
Utta
well congrats Rich!

Old 03-06-2012, 12:57 AM   #3
~Just Curious~
Wow, that's awesome!

More than double the previous record!? *round of applause sound effect* lol I wonder what was so special about yesterday?
Seriously though, that's impressive and I'm not all that surprised. You guys do good and loads of folks enjoy this site!

Congratulations on making such a success~

Old 03-06-2012, 01:27 AM   #4
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Just Curious~ View Post
More than double the previous record!? *round of applause sound effect* lol I wonder what was so special about yesterday?
Seriously though, that's impressive and I'm not all that surprised. You guys do good and loads of folks enjoy this site!

Congratulations on making such a success~

Old 03-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
dragonlvr64
That is an incredible number. Guess no one was working very hard while on the job

Old 03-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
WebSlave
Well, too bad it's not REGISTERED MEMBERS that made up that number. I'm not sure where those concurrent connections all came from, but quite likely it has something to do with search engines or something. I just think it highly unlikely that over 2,000 people all of a sudden decided to visit this site all at the SAME TIME, and then go away just as suddenly, bringing the numbers back down to a more normal level.

I dunno, was this site's URL published in any high profile website at that time? That's about the only way I could think this could have happened with a sharp temporary spike like that.

Yeah, I guess it would be nice to have that many members visiting all at the same time, but quite honestly they would need to be PAYING members, because I'm positive the server I now have just would not be able to handle that kind of concurrent traffic. So that would mean another server upgrade to keep up or the whole thing would come crashing down. A BIG server, at that. Not to mention the bandwidth requirements would likely be pretty substantial as well.

Man, talk about a silver lining with a BIG DARK cloud wrapped around it....

Old 03-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Man, talk about a silver lining with a BIG DARK cloud wrapped around it....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!