Hillary - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:38 PM   #11
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_dunlavy View Post
you know our political system is doomed when we have to vote for a president who is the lesser of two evils instead of voting based on legitimate merits.
it's pretty sad really, but then again, we are better off here than people are in many other parts of the world, despite our imperfections.
Give it time. It will get like that here eventually, if the current course is maintained....

Matter of fact, it may be that things are worse here than in several other countries, but with the media being controlled, our perceptions are being skewed by what we are allowed to see.

For instance, how many of you heard that Iceland threw out their government and rewrote their Constitution not that long ago?

http://guardianlv.com/2013/12/icelan...from-us-media/

Old 04-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #12
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_dunlavy View Post
but then again, we are better off here than people are in many other parts of the world, despite our imperfections.
VERY VERY VERY true.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:09 PM   #13
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Give it time. It will get like that here eventually, if the current course is maintained....

Matter of fact, it may be that things are worse here than in several other countries, but with the media being controlled, our perceptions are being skewed by what we are allowed to see.
I should have said we are currently better off...

The trend in current society (here) has been very unsettling to say the least; with all the police issues, racial tensions, media control, and political bickering; it will eventually come to a head and it may get pretty ugly.

It never ceases to amaze me, not in a good way, how media outlets like Fox are sooooooo one sided; saw for a brief sec, before i got disgusted and turned it off, something about Hillary's candidacy; the first question they asked (of Huckabee) was " what do you think will be the best way of discrediting her as a candidate?"
What ever happened to running a campaign on "this is what I can do for you, these are my credentials" instead of "the other guy is garbage and will do this to you?" It's just really sleazy of them. They remind me of used car salesmen.

Not a big fan of Obama or Hillary, I think they are mediocre at best, but some of the alternatives are kinda scary. I would rather have someone like Colin Powell run, but he is smart and does not want the office and all the soap opera drama that it comes with.
I will admit, it was kinda funny watching all the people on Fox cry after Obama won the re-election; you would think they were just told they had a terminal disease or something they way they were carrying on.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:30 PM   #14
bcr229
Hillary will not be the nominee. Her name was put out first to catch all of the initial flack. Call her cannon-fodder.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:56 PM   #15
gila7150
Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me, not in a good way, how media outlets like Fox are sooooooo one sided
Does it also bother you that every other channel is slanted heavily the other way? Fox crushes the ratings of the other news channels because it's the only channel where 1/2 of the country can have their point of view represented.
Quote:
it was kinda funny watching all the people on Fox cry after Obama won the re-election
I know what you mean. I enjoyed watching the MSNBC pundits on suicide watch after liberals got their butts kicked in the 2014 midterm elections.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:06 PM   #16
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gila7150 View Post
Does it also bother you that every other channel is slanted heavily the other way? Fox crushes the ratings of the other news channels because it's the only channel where 1/2 of the country can have their point of view represented.

I know what you mean. I enjoyed watching the MSNBC pundits on suicide watch after liberals got their butts kicked in the 2014 midterm elections.
It does bother me. I quit watching network TV for the most part, except The Big Bang Theory of course. I do peek at the news from time to time. Most of what I watch is streamed online and movies. I was just using Fox as a shining example of partisan influenced media, I was not saying that they were the only ones doing it for one side or the other.

I didn't even bother to watch the mid-term coverage. I figured that would happen anyway.
[begin short rant] The whole government shutdown partisan bickering bs seemed like it was a right wing tactic to win seats by crying, and a left wing response to keep seats by standing up to cry babies; whether it was or not, who knows, but it probably was. The real result was Americans being driven to the point where they HATE both parties. They (congress) are all a bunch of immature cry-babies who are all on the take; they don't actually care about the people, just about getting re-elected and paid. They can't and won't agree on anything, plus refuse to compromise, because they have opposing special interest groups with big money backing them. [end rant]
It sucks that everything is so hardline; All I can do is cast a ballot and say it! At least I am alive and well.

At least with reptile lovers, we all agree that reptiles are awesome, regardless of our political ideologies.
I'm one of those guys who may not agree with what someone says, but will defend the right to say it.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:20 AM   #17
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Hillary
Sniper... First word that comes to mind,right?

Old 04-18-2015, 08:27 AM   #18
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Castro View Post
Sniper... First word that comes to mind,right?
No. I'm not really understanding what you are trying to say, but the word 'sniper' does not come to my mind at all.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:34 PM   #19
WebSlave
Someone posted this on one of my other sites.....
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2015, 01:25 PM   #20
JColt
I'm done with politics. I'm pretty much a moderate and on some issues I lean a bit to the left and some a bit to the right. All we have is left or right tards running. There is no lesser evil.

One side tries to ban and other will say it's your right but tax the living hell out of it. We cannot keep shoving money to the poor or the rich. We cannot shut the borders on Immigrants but cannot allow free access.

We do not need Ideology of the left or right any more. We need common sense approach to our issues and to reaffirm laws as the become dated or no use any more.

Left and right cater to money period. It amazes me people will vote only party no matter what. You can blame Obama, Bush, Clinton or whom ever but you really can only blame the voting public. Every thing Bush did was not bad. Every thing Obama has done is not bad but by golly if he wasn't your pick then he is pure evil.

Unless we refuse these people as leader's this is what we get. I've heard about Obama was not qualified, wasn't born in USA, Muslim. Now I hear how people are wanting Ted Cruz. Born in Canada and a first term Senator. Now all of a sudden not being from America or having experience matters. Not all Republicans want Cruz of course. I'm describing ones that do.

Bush and Obama have had the most lies and half truths told about them than any other Presidents I can think of. The left and right were particularly nasty with these 2. When I hear something I do not take it at face value. I try and find out if it's true or false. Many more Americans need to do this before voting. Are you voting for your Country or your Party? You only vote for one issue? Abortion? Gun Right's? Gay Marriage? People need to look at the big picture.

When I hear people talk about this one or that one and why they are evil or retarded or what ever than I just laugh and walk away.

Except Sarah Palin. Everyone can make fun of her.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!